230 Dots "POTs"

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Razimus, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

If the original design still holds, the PRTs would start off empty. But over time as the PRT grows in population, they would gain NPC services of some kind.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

A "Underground" biome template is apparently the next on the schedule to be introduced. :)

3. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I don't see that it is over populated at all while I am running around the over-land map. Sure if you look at the numbers, it seems like it may be too much but really it isn't. Try running around and seeing for yourself. It is not cluttered or cramped whatsoever. It looks good and care has been taken to make sure. It is very obvious. Look!

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

So you don't want to see population? What is different during the twilight hours? Nothing really. They are all still there.

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think the map in the OP is misleading, I don't see that on the overland map in R21 or in QA. It doesn't feel the least big congested to me.

Could someone show me a reasonable example of the overland map where POTs are just a crazy eye sore?

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I agree with the Whaler here, it does feel crowded. Hopefully the devs add a POT visibility option.

rune_74, Atmosfear and smack like this.
  7. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I don't think there is an example of this.

8. Drocis the Devious

Do you have an example where POTs are just really cluttering up the overland map?

This seems to conflict with reality based on my experiences with in-game reality.

Dinsoo [MGT] likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

As a POT owner, it feels like there's this push to marginalize POTs. Which is really a shame because they're great for roleplaying and in my case, PVP.

I for one would love an opportunity to at least let players decide if they want to live in my POT before they can't even see them.

If for some reason a POT is not very popular and it needs to have a smaller signature, that's fine. But let's not jump to conclusions based on dots on a blank map that isn't even to scale with....anything.

10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

No, I don't have an example. And I'm not saying it was "cluttered", I said it felt too crowded. As in, I leave an NPC town and travelling to the next NPC town i pass a multitude of player owned towns. I wasn't even sure what was npc and what wasn't. Personally, I have no interest in "marginalizing" POTs or anyone else's play style or game.

I would just rather be able to run around Novia without seeing hundreds of settlements that I will never visit.

Atmosfear likes this.
  11. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

The OP could have used very large dots to represent the spread and it would have ended up completely purple. To say it is over-populated based upon that picture would be silly but I understand the concern of others. I have traveled all over and it is unobtrusive for sure where POT's are concerned. To say that it is not means you are actually looking for clutter. There may be too many trees but does that mean it is cluttered? No. It seems pretty balanced to me.

Duchess Wyldemane and Womby like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

You wouldn't visit them for the sole reason that it's a player owned town? What if your grandmother owned a player owned town and asked really nicely for you to stop by once in a while?

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  13. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

It would mean that you are really traveling if you are seeing the 230 POTs on the map (all of which aren't even in yet). Impressive!

14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Thanks for the totally unhelpful and dismissive comment.

EDIT: I see you are a member of MGT. Your comment makes sense now.

DOUBLE EDIT: I retract the unnecessary statement about your guild. I just have an issue with the rudeness here.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  15. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Ha! That's great man. It isn't dismissive at all. What you are complaining about is not relative whatsoever beyond your idea of clutter. You dismiss POTs? The MGT reference is pretty bogus man. I think you should say sorry. I will find you and eat you.

16. Drocis the Devious

So here I am IN-GAME right now...

Here I am next to Owl's Head, you can see North Valeway and Holtrot in the distance. There are a few POTs out there too, but you can't really see them. Do you know why? Because they don't have that big scroll thing over them.

How about we just keep it the way it is and you can only goto things that have that big scroll thing? Doesn't that sound fair?

[​IMG]

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  17. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I'll make you a deal. You apologize for being disrespectful for no reason, and I will apologize for lumping you in with the other MGT members I have had issues with that have been rude and obnoxious in the past.

Deal?

18. Drocis the Devious

Why can't you just do the right thing and not lump people together...and then ask for your apology? Lead by example.

19. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

In that case, I may consider it. As long as she had cookies.

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Expand the size of the map and it'll be less crowded ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.