1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Summer Telethon 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Can flyers currently be mounted on walls, or just bulletin boards? It would be great to be able to stick a flyer on any wall, whether a house wall or an exterior wall or fence that can support it.

Mountable plaques would also be a great feature. Vertical ones (on walls, etc), and possibly horizontal ones (on display tables).

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

What I'd like is to be able to access my personal vendor data through the API, or through the chat log if that's the only way to do it.

For game wide data, it would be nice to see what prices are at the time of SALE, not when they are put up.

Otherwise that data becomes a method of advertising.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes they can! but it has to be flat, can't use a tree.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

So this means deco walls too?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes, just tried it on a wooden wall

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Cool. :D Trees would be really nice surfaces yes... I could imagine hanging a lantern as well as flyers. (Hanging a torch on a wooden surface sounds dangerous, though !)

7. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Woops, edited my post. I meant more of "force people to alt-tab out of the game" i.e. use outside resources.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Regardless, I would make the same point.

Umuri likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes on walls too ;)

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and columns too which is really great. I just request we could see them better. Like they stand out more. They get a bit lost in some colors they are placed on.

Chatele likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really hope you change your mind before then. I think there will be a a lot of severely disappointed people.

niteowl57, Chatele, Pebbles and 2 others like this.
  12. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

DarkStarr said:
    GreyMouser Skye: When will "Start on World Map" go away?
    By end of year.

@DarkStarr

I concur with not removing said feature, you are going to have many, many people get trapped somewhere in a dungeon for example and just turn the game off instead of dealing with running out...at least with start on world map they are still playing the game - instead of being presented the choice of not logging back into the game because if they do they're still stuck (not fun) or doing something else (fun).

niteowl57, Echondas, Chatele and 5 others like this.
  13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Please do not remove "Start on world map". Why on earth would you do that?

14. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

welcome back, +1 respect

15. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

As opposed to now, where we just keep rerolling until we get what we want, or at least something that isn't worthless for the intended build, and it drives the prices up to ludicrous levels. Given that failure chances on MW and enchanting are as high as they are, there would still be plenty of chance and plenty of rarity. Not being able to choose the effect is simply another tedious chore that crafters have to wade through. Multiple layers of RNG like this is bad design - pick one or the other.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  16. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I don't see the Q/A posted here, or maybe it was answered already (or forgotten altogether)... but as fas the custom book covers: A book with a customized cover— when placed in the printing press for duplication— will take the same default "Blank Book" cover when replicated, i.e. the contents of the book are replicated, not the cover. Is there a way to fix this without having to spend gold for every single book copy? Or perhaps have a "Blank Book" version for each book cover pattern?

17. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

What if rerolling reduced durability by, say, 5?

Alley Oop likes this.
  18. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

The max durability damage is already a stupid mechanic, we don't need more of it. I know someone is going to say "but choices!" - except it's a false choice. The correct choice is always more improvements, durability hits just add a bunch of tedious busywork to that correct choice. A choice would be something like having to improve crit chance or crit damage but not being able to improve both. Punishing me for taking the clearly superior option is not a choice in any real sense.

If the devs can't be bothered to finish crafting, they could at least take out all the stupid bullshit.

19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'm a bit concerned that apparently half of the questions are related to deco or aesthetics, rather than actual gameplay or mechanics.

Chaff and wheat. Smoke and meat. Fluff and stuff.

Ah well...

20. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

@DarkStarr Thx for the answers; Anyway when i heard the smart idea of modify the items dropped, the drop rate, the items type value etc. I told about what will happen, and i'm not a Genius, but for sure i'm a player with a few experience, for sure the igg cashflow needed to be cutted, but not that way. I don't know if who have the idea try them in game or ask some experienced player feedback about an idea, but really can't understand a lot of choice, seem really are done and tried out randomly without considerding how an idea will work or affect in game balance. Anyway all the silence before that answer was frustrating, realease 42 killed the gameplay, you can just check how many people are playing and how many hours, all those people were waiting r43, and now we will wait r44; if you check the poll i did on general, why you quitted or took a break from sota, the most answered is: "
    Feeling of waste time due to the hard farming, grinding etc. neeeded for all without a return. ". Anyway https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ng-or-stopped-to-play-sota-poll-inside.92564/ this is the poll, and yeah we all know we are in an early access but calculate a balanced cashflow don't need to break the game, and btw now the cashflow was down to 6k, figure out how it impact don't need a master in economy, another thing that hurt is when in a patch note you read of inexistent balance or fix, that is just crazy.

In any case thx for the answer and i'll wait the next patch to play or the Q3, cause to break down the economy someone neeeded a few minutes, to get us back some fun maybe will take month?!

P.S. Yeah i feel velenous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.