1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Post Episode 1 Content Plans (aka the 2 year plan)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

RAM matters. On my 8gb laptop, scene loading is slooooow. On my 16gb laptop, scene loading is pretty quick. Although the deco loading is a whole other issue...lol.

Numa and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

...except for all the people currently playing it.

I do agree, however, that performance should be their highest priority.

Chatele and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

Great God Almighty! I think I just... jizzed a little in my pants! I know this is a wish list and not all guaranteed, but HOLY HELL, I'm EXCITED!!!!

4. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

the game is very playable, despite the loading time issue, since r43 fps is smooth on my pc.... maybe you need a hardare upgrade

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Maybe... but there are lots of things I'd rather see.

6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Preachyr all I'll say is I hope you get *from @Chris * what you think you were told you would get.

As for the Op from *DarkStarr*, we can agree to disagree on vernacular and whether the things listed are wishes spun from dreams that may never see the light of day -or- previews of coming attractions. You already know where I stand :)

7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This has been speculated.
    I can argue that people keep repeating that they are revising this, is equally classified as trolling, as its simply unfounded claim when there is no evidence to suggest MORE is coming or not.

But no no your right.

@DarkStarr Are we getting more information into this *look into the future*? or is this essentially the blunt of what the 2 year road map is?

Jens_T likes this.
  8. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

"all the people" is misleading that leads one to believe the server is populated..... for accuracy perhaps say something along the lines the Handful, or the dozens, or the few... something like that.

9. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

1. I don't read Chris's work blog. No excuse for ignorance, but that's the fact of the matter. :) It may seem like I live on the forums, but I don't. And I don't read every section.

2. No condescension - I purposely tagged @Chris with the hope he would step in a post something on this thread for you and others who are dissatisfied with this first rough draft.

Moiseyev Trueden and Preachyr like this.
  10. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Fair enough :)

11. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Starr took over this task from Chris when he returned, which made sense imho as he's the producer after all.
    Let's see if either @Chris or @DarkStarr add to the discussion.

12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

And while I'm at it, for any others who don't read Chris's blog, here is exactly what he said:

06/04/2017

So after a few discussions on player concerns, I just agreed to take on publishing a roadmap of plans for the next 2 years. :O

Seriously, I think this is probably long overdue. Lots of players have things they are looking forward to and I think it would be helpful for them to know that it is on our list as well and coming. I think it could also help us identify and prioritize these things AND also get players more passionate about the future of the game. I know there are plenty of features that players only hear us mention briefly during telethons when we're drunk that they would go nuts over. Probably time to start putting some of those ideas out in the open for players to see, give feedback on and get excited about.

---> Am I missing something?? Isn't the OP put out by Darkstarr a *list*? Isn't the OP "putting some of those ideas out in the open for players to see.."?

Where is the actual problem??

Jens_T likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My comment was more to the notion that it's "unplayable".

Korim Rackham likes this.
  14. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Fair question. The problem as I've been trying very hard to clarify in this long discussion is that this post has nothing at all that actually explains their plans for the next 2 years, or how they have identified and prioritized anything.

As you can see in his post that you quoted, that was the whole purpose of the 2 year roadmap.

I am all for a list of possible future features, which is what we have here from Darkstar, its great to see what they have planned for the distant future.

But even you must admit that this list of brainstormed ideas is not a roadmap of plans for the next 2 years that identifies and prioritizes anything, right?

15. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

If I do understand you correctly your concern is that, because of the Agile development style, no stable outlook with priorities and rough timeframe can be given - or maybe, it can only be given at lots of extra work (sizing?) and it will change anyway as the process is dynamic and iterative?
    do you see any chance to get to an outlook as described in the June post quoted by @Fionwyn Wyldemane ?

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well me too.;)

Chatele likes this.
  17. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

@Rufus D`Asperdi i can only speak for myself but if the list of ideas would be split into scope for Episode 1, Episode 2 (development & release) and later Episodes (these would be 16+ months away) it would already help.
    Topics can be more generic - as you say, too much details creates too much expectation and will change - but it should concentrate on big ticket items. Crafting, guilds, quest mechanisms, immersion, user interfaces, PvP. There are many good examples in this and other threads.
    While it might be too early for this I would assume that internal planning for Episode 2 funding will start soon (if the commercial release is in Dec). For this the company will need a clear strategy and direction in any way.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

We're being moderated...

Right when we were getting to the point where we were having a rational discussion too. It wasn't a Derail, it was directly and specifically related to the topic of the thread.

Thanks, @Berek... We were making progress. :p

Mykll, Alley Oop and Jens_T like this.
  19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please PM me if you have any questions about the reason for a few of the posts were removed.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  20. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

@Berek Thank you. I am very passionate about changes I think are needed but lets keep this civil so they might take time and read some of what we say. That said this is a fluid development plan. I do think soon after they get feedback about this all and have some of the things people post added to the list then they should reorganize it into priorities. but for now we should post good new features we would love to see in this game. I do think when we post we need to post in a bit more in the format that might help them prioritize the feature we suggest. I try to post how it will help make the game better and how it might benefit the company as well. Also take into consideration the time and expense it takes to make your feature. I came from an indie game company so I try to post features that can be made using already developed art and scripts. But of course there are also some that we all would like that will take a lot more work and so we must understand that they will take much longer.

majoria70, Retro, Morph and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.