1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Post Episode 1 Content Plans (aka the 2 year plan)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph

Morph Avatar

Game does not run smoot, not even close on my PC, while Elder Scrolls Online runs perfect in highest setting.. I'm no genius on what games need in measure of RAM CPU etc. but ESO sure looks better by far so I assume it requires a faster PC..

Chatele likes this.
  2. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Yes, I agree that a road map and a list are not the same thing. However, while Chris agreed to publish a road map, he never said when. The *ideas* he referred to in his very brief blog post are out in the open NOW in this first draft. A first step, if you will, toward completing a more detailed road map that will eventually be shared with players. That is how I interpret what Chris stated and how the OP fits into the big picture.

But I could be wrong, completely off-base and totally full of poopy...lol. Only time will tell where this agile development journey takes us next :)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

:rolleyes:

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Comparing game in development that has not been streamlined to a released streamlined AAA title seems... kinda off. I've been in a fair number of early access games that have every bit the same speed issues this one does.

Morph and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I think the issue here lies purely in the phrasing of the title of the thread. If it said something like "Rough draft for the ideas people want so we can put together a 2 year plan post" it would have been better received by those expecting something very specific.

Maybe @Berek can edit the thread title to more accurately reflect what the thread is actually about.

majoria70, Numa and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  6. Morph

Morph Avatar

Totally agree, but just trying to say that talking about you need a better computer is not the issue, nor the solution... :)

I could keep comparing the two games and ESO would loose by far as it just looks great but totally fails on gameplay - where SotA just keeps amazing me with a solid gameplay I can keep digging myself into :)

Barugon and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Well... better computer is ALWAYS a solution.

Problem:
    I don't have food to eat.
    Solution:
    Get a better computer and learn how to hack to reroute grocery delivery drivers.

Problem:
    I have people I don't like.
    Solution:
    Get a better computer and learn how to hack government nuke sites to target those you don't like.

Problem:
    I don't have a job
    Solution:
    Get a better computer and learn how hack to steal money from banks.

Problem:
    I got hacked by some jackass with a better computer than me.
    Solution:
    Get a better computer and learn how to hack to hack the jackass that hacked you.

See, it's the ultimate solution to all life's problems... 8^D

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Morph

Morph Avatar

So better computer also makes my girlfriend stop whining that I play too much? If so link me the best on the market!

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Let's keep this on topic please.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. Dual screen it and play her favorite chick-flick on the other screen.

[edit] Sorry @Berek. :oops:

Astirian and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Well, scenes would load faster and graphics wouldn't be so jerky, so you would get done faster, so....yeah, better computer. :)

12. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

@DarkStarr @Berek
    Maybe a race change item would also be helpful o our developed characters can change.

Numa and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

go to one of the "new you" vendors with magic mirros in ardoris and central brit

14. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

OK, On topic. Items from mobs that were "Crafted by "DevNameHere" not too rare. Items that can be useful, not just decoration.

15. null2

null2 Avatar

[​IMG]

Will machines that exceed the "Recommended" hardware for the game ever be able to play this game with more than 30 fps? Is that part of e1 or e2?

Logain, gtesser, digriz and 1 other person like this.
  16. Morph

Morph Avatar

Sorry for the detour - but to be perfectly on topic, your highest priority is to work on the games load time and fps drops. Seriously sometime I can run half way into Owls before player houses are loaded.

Also the issue that resetting client which increases the frame rate drastically seems just odd, should be stable.

As I said earlier, if you don't address load and FPS issue before launch you will read about it in bad reviews...

gtesser and Widsith [MGT] like this.
  17. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

@DarkStarr First off, thanks for doing this! It looks like there are a ton of nice features being considered for future development of the game.

I have a couple "meta" suggestions in terms of how I think we might be able to get a lot more value out of this "Post Episode 1 Plan".

The first would be for the development team to all sit down and come up with a ranking (i.e. easy, medium, hard) in terms of the actual difficulty of implementing each of these individual features. And then share that result with the backers.

The second would be to allow backers to vote on their interest level in each of these items through a more formal poll *conducted outside the forum* that is distributed to all backers by email. The purpose of this is to make sure you are capturing a broad base of backers- including those who have not played in a while- and minimizing the "echo chamber" effect of the forum itself.

The combination of these- I think- would serve as the framework for more concrete decisions in terms of priorities, timing and such.

One specific feature suggestion I have is to be able to have a "deck of decks". What I imagining is to be able to put- say 6- decks in a loop... A, B, C, D, E, F. If a player currently has deck "F" active, they can only swap to "E" or "A", and so on.

Moiseyev Trueden and Retro like this.
  18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Numa likes this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This thread is about the next few years. There are other threads about your imminent topic. Check out what Chris posts on his daily blog for the latest progress on your topic.

Here's the link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...hris-daily-work-blog.85584/page-4#post-860642

Cheers!

20. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Following that logic,why let people ride horses to avoid risk on foot?

Horses are cool. But alas I don't see a big need for horses in this game yet beyond adding visual coolness. Travel by foot is easy! Perhaps with more land mass that might change.

But boats....that opens up entirely different game play. My question about boats is .... must we own city sized lot deeds to allow us to use our boats? (expensive high bar for game play entry).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.