1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R50 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to during the R50 Postmortem. I tried my best to answer these (with help from the rest of the team) but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these. The community did a great job assisting us this telethon to make sure we didn’t miss a single question.

Please note I deleted a bunch of duplicated questions and also deleted any questions that we answered with the Q1 post or with the release of R50 or that we answered in previous postmortems. Also note that we are generally going to stop answering questions about "when?" as those are answered by our quarterly schedule posts and any other answers are going to be either "No ETA" or "soon" or "will update with the next quarterly post".

A final thought: we see a LOT of repeat questions and requests. Please consider reading one of the other missed question posts, watching one of the previous post mortems, reading one of the post mortem transcripts, and/or reading our Post Episode 1 plan post before posting a question. Your question might have already been answered.

Cypher Black: Will episode one be considered complete at launch?
    Starr: Please refer to the Q1 schedule post for that answer.

Spinok: I missed out on buying a reliquary… anymore coming?
    Starr: We have considered it but we have decided to hold on producing more of these for now due to public perception issues.

Belladonna Rose: Is there any way that on the Overworld map that there could be a distinction of the Region boundaries. Hard to tell really the cut offs for the regions. And some zones are on the borders so hard to tell which zone they really belong in.
    Starr: We could spend time on this but for the most part these don’t really impact any game play so the development time would not be a good return on investment.

Mal Hari: Presently only the windows for Chat, Has the ability to have its background set to Opaque. Will we eventually get the ability to set all the windows to Opaque. Inventory, Emotes, Social, … (So we can read what’s in them easier.)
    Starr: Yes

Ajumma: In single player would it be possible to have a survival mode and creative mode (minecraft style)? The latter would be really nice for world exploration
    Starr: We could consider for offline mode eventually.

Browncoat Jayson: Early on, one of the benefits of having an Aether Tower was protection; towns with a tower would come under siege less often than those without. However, sieges as implemented always occur in every town with a devotional, regardless of their protection. Could we see this protection brought back somewhat?
    Starr: We can consider but then the cost vs. reward benefit of devotionals would not be balanced so it is unlikely.

Sneekiepeat: Is there a chance we could get flashing buff and debuff icons under are name plate and target name plates to give us a better idea as to when we should refresh are buffs ad debuffs.

Kain Darkmoor: Will reactionary skills like riposte, opportunity strike, aetheric feedback etc. ever light up when their condition has been met for the bonus? Currently they are difficult to use because you must stare at the combat log to know when to use.
    Starr: yes

Elgarion: Could players in PvP utilizing Night Vision be more vulnerable to Sun Magic and other bright light attacks due to added eye sensitivity? “He’s got night vision on–blast him with Searing Ray!”
    Atos: I would love to do more with the visuals for night vision but just haven’t had time to mess with it. I would like to put a eye adjustment feature on it and set it so it adapts slowly and add in a motion blur for elements that bloom. Like the idea but no time right now to do it!

Elgarion: Can you please explain how looting/pickpocketing players works now? Especially in regards to a large stack of items–let’s say the person has a single piece of ore next to a stack of 500 ore in their inventory.
    Atos: Choosing ransomed items now only includes the first item of a type in its list of choices. So having 200 unstacked worms only counts once. We didn’t get in the stack splitting but it does favor medium size stacks of stuff over giant ones. It can still pick a giant one but just less likely. I don’t think we are going to reveal the exact math but feel free to go experiment with a friend and see what you think!

Uncle Sven: What other reflex / twitch combat features do you intend to implement?
    Atos: I plan on continuing to add more 2-3 second window situational or response skills BUT as with past skills, I try to make this optional. While I like to reward people who do like that aspect I don’t want to make it so powerful that it is required to be competitive. I have hooks for checking time since you criticaled hit or were critically hit, since you block/parry/dodge or were block/parry/dodged, and plan to more options of that sort over time. For the most part between now and launch my focus will be on Masteries (now calling them proficiencies), a small number of new skills, combos, and balance.

Uncle Sven: With all the last minutes changes to combat math, Can we have a concise and transparent UI that shows us our values of combat related numbers in real time? Much like resist and avoidance on our paper doll?
    Atos: I hope to get in a “Verbose” mode for combat feedback before launch that should address some of these concerns but reminder, most games do not show you all the combat numbers and math

Hroth: When Chris wrote in his blog “Chaotic feedback being made slightly less painful…” could you give details on what this means and when it might be implemented?
    Atos: This simply means I’m lowering the damage caused by focus use slightly. I think it was at 1 and then turned up to 2 and now coming back down to a middle spot between those two.

Hroth: Hammer of Breaking. Can you give us a hint on what this artifact does?
    Atos: Nope! I will say that I need to fix something with it and it won’t be clear what it does until then…

Hroth: For older players – could you consider making the top-left buff dashboard an option to make it a little bigger?
    Starr: Yes, we can make that an option

Kazeookami: Do creatures grow more powerful when more players are present?
    Starr: Not at this time but we do plan to implement a feature that increases spawn rates as player numbers increase in a scene.
    Atos: We would likely have more creatures, not more powerful ones. Creating more powerful ones is more challenging technically and players don’t like it when the exact same creatures vary in difficulty from encounter to encounter.

Sol Stormlin: Will we ever be able to free the fauns without killing them? Perhaps after killing nearby Satyrs, they can return to Perri instead of continuing to attack us?

Vallo Frostbane: How from your perspective is the economy in game doing in terms of items/gold value and what are your plans for the future e.g. are local economies still a thing, meaning markets will get somehow closed in regions due to PVP/PVE or other means?
    Atos: The economy is doing amazing well in my opinion. Inflation is just about exactly where I want it, the gold to COTO values are pretty much exactly where I predicted they would be, but there is too much stagnation on vendors. I think that is one thing I regret is not putting some long term cost for items on vendors or having some kind of auto purge for old things. Mix that with a modest pre-launch player population and it results in a LOT of items sitting on too many vendors. I have ideas on addressing that BUT first I’m waiting for launch to see how things change with lots more players. I think local economies develop but less in the way we expected. Trade towns evolved but it is just too hard and too punishing to all to try and restrict trade to specific areas for the economy. There is still some locality stuff but not as much as we talked about the first year or two.

Grape-Ape: Can we get a Phoenix Hat recipe, crafted using the Phoenix head?
    Starr: Unlikely. The phoenix visuals come mostly from its visual effects. Without visual effects it looks mostly like an eagle.

Grape-Ape: Why do the Ward Gems and Jewels give the same choices when master-working or enchanting as the non ward gems and jewels? Example-10% drain life on a weapon made for necromancy warding, or additional air attunement on air warding gear.
    BCotton: Gems enchants are tied to the color of the gem not to the specific gem type. It’s a possibility that ward and jewels would unlock specific enchants but there are other areas of enchanting that we will expand first.

Valadamir Begemot: Is watering still on a set timer? Is it disconnected from when the plant grows?
    BCotton: Watering is still on a timer. There are not unique visuals of each growth stage. Watering a plant reduces the time it takes to mature.

Trevour: Locating recipes is tough. Shouldn’t there be some way in game to find this information?
    Starr: We will look into providing more text clues but we want them to be part of the exploration of the game.

Lace: Why do crystal/gem nodes only give 100xp regardless of tier location. The same risk is present as with ore nodes in terms of mobs to clear, why the smaller xp amount?
    BCotton: Crystal nodes are not organized by tier like other nodes. They organized by size. It looks like all the sizes offer the same xp reward. This is a bug and will be fixed.

Lace: Are there plans to extend batch size to the sub component creation (i.e. straps, bindings, bolts of cloth, yards of leather).
    Starr: We are considering it but we want to see the data on the impact of the current refining skills on base ingredients for a couple of releases before possibly expanding.
    BCotton: Subcomponent creation is often not on refinement tables so we’d have to add skills to all the skill trees.

Hirosun: Hello! I was wondering will all the weapons and armor get their own graphics designs. (Like a dagger +2 or Leather chest armor of +1) Thank you Love the Game.
    Starr: There would be a large performance implication by doing this so unlikely. We already modify the visual based on the material used (color changes) and whether the item has been enchanted/masterworked (glow effect).

Lace: Stacking is hit or miss. Can we get a community sourced thread of items that do not stack that are not containers and then perhaps get the stacking flag updated for these items.
    Starr: Great idea! Remember though that any item that can be customized or that can have unique stats cannot be stacked.

Doctorface: Any chance to get Barrels that act as containers?

Xee: Can we have the ability to place things on castle walls and in the castle wall towers?
    Starr: We have done some experiments with this but there are some serious visual issues. The main issue is that walls and fences have very “soft” collision to make them easier to place partially inside of each other to make perimeter fencing easier. Unfortunately this means items placed “on” them will appear partially “inside” the walls/fences. We don’t have an easy way to fix this without creating two separate collision layers which would be performance expensive. With that said we do want to make this happen eventually.

Xee: For Vendors could we get a Vendor magic Mover so that we can rotate our vendors between our markets and or have it like a trade route system where vendors move from place to place on a schedule?
    Starr: Interesting idea

Curt: Why can’t I find POTs in offline mode?
    Starr: We do not support POTs in Offline (see post)

Vulgaren: May we have sittable “toadstools” to go along with our glowing mushrooms?
    Starr: Great idea!

Reilnkur: Could we get ability to manipulate the boats and balloons as pot owners to move them to different locations?
    Starr: Maybe eventually but we would have to put in a lot of code to prevent placement of them in untenable locations.

Mal Hari: Presently in POT’s Town Deco, There is no difference between Owner and Steward (Steward can remove anything placed by the Owner). Can we get a Owner Level above Steward so Owner items are locked down.
    Mal Hari:Can POT’s get the ability for Owners/Stewards to set items to Private.
    Starr: Yes we know that the permissions system needs another polish pass.

Amaasing: Now that we have the ability to craft hanging baskets may we have them set to be used externally and not just internally?
    Starr: Yes please report as bug

SmokerKGB: Can you put “Loot bundles” and other treasure in treasure chests, chest/barrel mimics? Roving encounters has a good selection of loot in their chests, but treasure chest elsewhere and chest/barrel mimics are kind of disappointing…
    BCotton: Updating treasure chest loot as always been on my radar but not a priority right now. We have to careful with treasure chest loot since many of these are easily farmable.

Belladonna Rose: Will the dragons drop heads more often since its needed for the Dragon hat? Dragon head drop is almost nil at the moment.
    Starr: We can examine the drop rates but we do want some items to remain rare.
    BCotton: I would suggest keeping it rare. Just because it has more uses is no reason to make it less rare.

Curt: Why is always the boats to POT’s bigger than the ones to places in Novia?. Would it not make sense that boats that go a longer distance should be bigger?
    Starr: Interesting observation. The size was based on ease of use, not distance but your logic is probably better.

Trevour: Control points can be trivial or leveled to the point of being death traps. There should be some indication at the entrance of the zone as to the current difficulty.
    Starr: The difficulty of every scene is displayed in multiple places. Please bug any scenes that do not have the correct difficulty marker on the overland map (pile of skulls and info screen), inside the scene near the entrance (pile of skulls), or inside the scene below the compass.

Kron Caledon: Can you please review the skill level bonus on Expert Crafting Stations? +5 Proficiency means quite a lot more than +5 Skill Level, especially at high crafting skill.
    BCotton: These bonuses were always meant to add to skill level. It was a bug that it was adding to proficiency. This actually made these bonuses more powerful that they were designed to be.

Arc: We need token or email notification security system. ASAP. Are you guys working on it?
    Atos: Two factor authentication is coming but not in time for launch.

Arc: 3-Can you guys be even more awesome? =)
    Starr: We can always try!

Yzelph: Can you make the X to close windows larger it is kinda small in higher resolutions. Also the Input boxes for filtering lists could be a bit taller I often have to click multiple times to activate the input field
    Kinetic Fed: The Party/Self/Target Health/Mana/Buff bars, is there plans to make these moveable and adjust the sizing?
    Starr: Yes, UI gets polished each release.

Yzelph: Column headers disappeared in the last update to the Crafting UI, so now you cannot sort the list in reverse order. Was that intentional?
    Starr: Please report in bug forums

Mystarr: How is the decay on a skill calculated?
    Atos: First off, a reminder that you don’t need to know this information and most games wouldn’t share the exact math because it is too complicated for most players. But you asked for it so here it goes, just don’t complain that it is too complicated plzthx or I’ll just start giving simple answers! Decay accumulates over time (real time, not game time) but is capped at a max of 1 day. When you die in a PVE zone to something other than a player, half of the current decay is applied. If a friend resurrects you, then a quarter of the decay is applied. Half of one day’s decay is 0.125% or 1/800th. If you are over level 40, each adventurer skill over 40 will have decay applied. If the skill is 80 or lower, it receives half the decay, 81 to 100 receives normal decay, and 101 and above receives double decay. So if you had your thrust skill at level 80, that is around 180k xps, and died without a res from a friend you would lose 180k x 1/800th x ½ because the skill is 80 or under which means you would lose about 112 of the experience you had applied to that skill. If you have have the skill set to maintain/train and had xps in your pool, it would take them from your pool, if not, it would take them from the skill and it could potentially drop to 79. If you got a res, it would lose 56 points.So 56 xp point per skill at 80, why are some complaining you ask? Well, let’s say you had your Blade Speed skill at 110 and died. XPs to get it to 110 are roughly 13 million. The same math as above except it is 2x loss because it is over 100 and you end up with 32.5k xps. Still doesn’t sound too bad, right? Well, now level 100 skills to 110 and BAM, you’re up to 3.25mln xps lost on a death. Just a friendly reminder that skills don’t have a cap BUT that doesn’t mean you should train them all crazy high. You can choose when to stop but if you want to level them really high, you are choosing to take that risk!

Eli: Have you considered “pet patterns” (the ability to use the appearance of addon/reward pets on summoned/tamed pets)?
    Starr: Interesting suggestion.

Antrax Artek: Q2: For immersion purposes, can you add some epic music or effects for example when the boss fight starts or entering in special rooms in dungeons (to fill the lack of cut-scenes)?
    Starr: We answered this in a previous telethon but we are waiting on context sensitive music tech to implement this.

Dhanas: Can you make mushrooms in The hollow Village Log House solid?
    Starr: We can consider but we try to keep collision shapes as simple as we can for performance reasons.

Tedio: Other upcoming features like the resistance skill which will give minus to opposite school, and set bonuses, doesn’t that destroy the “you can set up you character however you want” vision?
    Atos: So first, I’m confused by your statement that allowing players to make choices with benefits and costs is somehow destroying your ability to setup your character however you want? As for that feature, just a friendly reminder that I throw out ideas on my blog to get player feedback BUT I listen to player feedback. I’ll be making a long post on what the system ended up being. The final system does require players make a choice but the choice is not permanent or even required.

Kazeookami: Is there an expectation on when true mounts will become available?
    Starr: No ETA, post launch.

Kazeookami: Are there any plans for areas guilds can fight over that actually matter and impact gameplay on a level more meaningful than a leaderboard or point system?

Monkeysmack: Can we get a right-click 'Repair' menu option for equipment/tools when an appropriate repair kit is in inventory?

Monk: Can we have a Ammo/Reg counter (maybe togglable) on our HUD?
    Starr: We will consider

Monk: How come when we go into a zone with Guildmates or people on our Friends list, we're not in the same instance?
    Starr: If you are not partied with them and they are in a Party instance or an instance that is full you will not go into the same instance. Or if you are not playing in Open Mode then you won’t go into same instance either.

Jack Knyfe: If there isn't one already, can there be a JIRA task to have all chestpieces cross-referenced with all three cloak styles to check for clipping errors? One of the reasons I don't wear cloaks often is that they tend to clip through some of the more fancy chest pieces horribly.
    Starr: We don’t have the manpower to do that test. That is tens of 1000s of combinations that you are talking about. The best thing to do is for players to report any issues they see with these items in the bug forums.

Boedy Arc: Question: can we get Walls x2 x3 x4 for enclose our town? (like Roadwaypaver x2 x3 x4)
    Starr: We can consider

Tila Tenderfoot: can you adjust the casting speed of healing blast, now it takes forever
    Atos: By design! Healing blast is largely aimed at the dedicated healer and is big and more efficient but by design, slow. The new proficiency system (was masteries) will actually speed up healing blast but currently that is the only way to make it go faster!

Mia Sway: after geming weapons and getting "on hit" then geming ring and necklace to do more damage, Does adding that gem to your chest add anything ? if not should it ?
    Starr: Yes there are lots of gem enchantments tied to the chestpiece.
    BCotton: Armor procs are unique to chest armor and require them to be gemmed. Chest armor has enchantments just like all other slots.

Spoon: Will there be another polish pass of Isle of Storms for release? (For instance adding a floating rock one can jump onto to showcase more of the game).
    Starr: We have already done multiple polish passes on this space so unlikely as we have other scenes that also need work.

Spoon: Which are the top 20 least used recipes?
    Atos: We don't have an automatic query for this so it takes a while to pull this so only going to do 10 and get back to working on Mastery:
    • Shingle-Roof Four-Story (Row Home) - 7
    • Shingle-Roof Two-Story (Village Home) - 7
    • Wood & Plaster Burned (Village Home) - 10
    • Shingle-Roof Three-Story (Village Home) - 11
    • Meteoric Iron Two-handed Hammer Head - 12
    • Shogun Bungalow (Village Home) - 15
    • Shogun Crafting Pavillion (Village Home) - 16
    • White Iron Two-handed Sword Blade - 17
    • Constantan Two-handed Sword Blade - 24
    • Ancient Staff of Anarchy - 26
    Seferfantasy: Will the taming system be adjusted anytime soon?
    Atos: My belief is the concerns with the taming system are largely caused by people comparing it to the UO system and the power it gave. The difference is in UO, you had to give up a LOT of other skills to be a master tamer. In games like WoW or EQ, the classes are designed around whether they have a pet or not so they can make the pet more powerful. In SOTA, we let you learn any and all skills so if we made pets powerful, they would be essentially mandatory for play and players wouldn’t have to give up anything for them. We tried to balance this through focus costs and consumables but still didn’t get to a point where old tamers were happy. I will be introducing a new proficiency system (I was calling it masteries) and it will finally bring choice and also more power to tamers. It will go live in R51.

Brogan Murphy: Is there any plan to have infighting amongst the Norgard barbarian clans? Currently you can find scenes with two clans co-existing in close proximity that ignore each other -- hardly behaviour suited for cannibals!
    Starr: We will consider

Diego.DG: With the Samba emote will we be able to walk in a parade like playing music?
    Starr: It would require a new walk mode so unlikely. Also if you look at the actual carnival parades the dancers walk and then stop periodically to do the actual dancing.

Hemswal: Can we have more information about the new skills and spells that are going in before launch?
    Starr: We post these in the release notes each release. We don’t post these ahead of time because they change so dynamically each release. For the latest up to date information check out Chris’s blog posts in the forums.
    Atos: I try to post daily what I’m working on and explain my reasoning when possible. I also respond to feedback as time permits. What my blog for the best information on new skills and features coming!

Selene Brightshadow: can we get more info about new magic Mastery/attunement skills coming in next release??
    Starr: Please see Chris’s blog posts in the forums for the latest information
    Atos: Too much information to list here! I will make a big post before QA goes live explaining all the features and changes. Remember, these are completely optional!

Kaffein: are there plans to make the knight / lord / baron's servant actually do anything?
    Starr: Yes, like turning lights on/off, closing shutters, etc.

Gix: How do you target something in "free attack" mode without swinging your sword? (aka: without breaking stealth)
    Atos: Tab? Is this a trick question? :/

Dayhok: why does it seem that certain numbers of glyphs generate drag on the draw system? Several decks I have tried do this around 26 to 28 glyphs (draw faster above and below that number)
    Atos: I’m pretty sure this is just your imagination. The system has a fixed speed. If you are 100% certain, make a youtube video showing it please and report it as a bug.

Dayhok: Is there any work being done on the quest logging system? I have noticed the ability to suppress the quests individually, but we do need some work on those hung quests

Afroman: a lot of games today are not optimized for SLI as having 2 gtx1080tis in the future will they optimize for SLI?
    Atos: How well games on any engine make use of SLI is largely dependent on the game. SLI tends to break the second you add any post effects that use data from the previous frame. For instance, a motion blur or a tone mapper with an adjusting brightness feature. Currently, you won’t see much if any improvement but post launch we will continue to optimize for more advanced features. Right now we still bounce back and forth between CPU and GPU bound depending on the machine specs and the scene.

Fionwyn Wyldemane: Now that female elves are in the game, when will we see a female elf mask similar to the male elf mask?

Echondas: will there be a mastery skill for Elementals (not tamed pets)
    Atos: Strongly considering adding a Focus PROFICIENCY (changed from mastery) skill for pet mastery that will aid all pets, including tamed. For tamers who choose both taming and pet proficiency, they will see significant tamed pet power!

Minerva: Taming and Summoning are very different. A tamer can tame and sell. So will those using pets have to also ne tamers?
    Atos: Pets in the hands of those who don’t have skills will be weak. Pets are largely defined by their master. With the upcoming changes, the exact same pet could have 300 hps with one owner and 1500 with another.

Galiwyn: Will there be a melee slot for Rangers?
    Atos: If you mean will players want archers in their parties, then I believe the answer is yes. They are good damage, low heal requirement party members who can AE or focus damage and even do a little CC.

Draugur: Wait so if you use Body Slam on someone they can just jump out it? Can Atos explain a lil better plz.
    Atos: There will be an amount of mandatory down time with knockdown BUT yes, you will be able to jump out of it. While knocked down, the target will have greatly reduced defense and will be easily crit-able. I’m pretty sure everyone knows how broken knockdown was and how there was zero defense or counter for it.

Cambria Stomlin: Will we soon be able to craft bonfires for beach and camp?
    Starr: Eventually but this requires a major feature addition called “Place Items Anywhere” that has lots of potential exploits that will need to be accounted for so this will be happening post launch.

Helvig: Is there a chance that all these awesome wearables get a polish before launch so they don't cut through bodies or other wearables anymore? Would make mixing and matching so much easier!
    Starr: Please report individual issues in our bug forums so we can address each one.

Helvig: Can we get pictures on the add-on store for wearables being worn by male and by female characters so we know what it will look like and don't have to guess? Especially for clothes showcased by females it is a wild guess if this will look manly enough on a male character or simply funny
    Starr: Eventually yes but right now we simply do not have the resources.

Arthemis_Treboran: Is there any intention of organizing the journal in a better fashion so we can tell which dialog goes with what quest and which ones have been completed?

Tedio: Will there be mastery for melee too? If yes, what do we get instead of attunement?
    Atos: Yes, full details coming on PROFICIENCIES! (changed the name) Read my blog for examples of what melee will see.

Fakhart: When will we be able to "link" the item's name in the chat to show its properties to other players?

Alley Oop: what's the demonym for residents of the hidden vale?
    Starr: Good question. Hidden Valley Ranchers?

Tiina Onir: Are they putting the player-vendor sales into the API?
    Atos: I think until we get by launch, we’re holding off on any API changes. Once we see what the load is on that big data box, we’ll consider adding more metrics for players to mine.

Bankee: will recipes ever come out of bundles? The prices people charge are stupid ridiculous.
    Starr: Unlikely as they are part of what drives the value of those bundles.

Diab Blackbow: Will there be masteries for crafting?
    Arc: Could we please get only one mastery for crafts too?
    Starr: We are considering it.

Arlin: what plans are there to alleviate the problems with the only viable methods of earning production experience being mining/skinning?
    BCotton: I believe this is more supply and demand. All the refined elements have the same array of potential resource nodes. Mining nodes are clustered in caves while leather comes from creatures. Both of these are more common than tree and cotton nodes.

Lomyr Edain: Will we be able to buy NPC's for our lots ? IE guards or Farmers
    Starr: Yes eventually

Lomyr Edain: will Inn's be craftable?
    Starr: Yes we will have a craftable Inn

Lomyr Edain: Will houses/pavilions, etc,etc be able to change color/paint?
    Starr: Perhaps eventually.

Shimcat: what about placing necklaces/rings as deco as well?
    Starr: Yes eventually however currently those items have no 3D object built for them so there would be a bunch of art production time to be spent to make this feasible.

York: Can we get a graphic option to disable all interior and exterior decorations (except vendors) until we step inside a plot area?
    Atos: This would help performance a lot with decos BUT remember, that many decos define the lot. Currently walls and fences and greenhouses and trees and other defining elements are decos. Also, we’ve seen lots of players get creative and build their lot boundary walls out of furniture. We could do this but it would require a fair amount of work to find all the edge cases for stuff we need to load no matter what. It is on our list of performance items to tackle soon though but it is far from trivial!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the point was that control points in multi-player may have been previously triggered by someone passing through, so you don't know going in if you're going to get the base, untriggered mobs or the final wave that killed some almost-good-enough-to-hold-it party.

niteowl57, curt and Trevour like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

The visuals change at half the maturation time and finally when mature. Watering a plant increases its yield, it has no affect on maturation time.

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Seems you added a negation that my question didn't had
    "Why can i find POTs in offline mode?" was my question
    not
    "Why can't i find POTs in offline mode?"

Chatele likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Sure, it would look like the mounted Phoenix head deco, but I think some people would want that as a hat.

[​IMG]

Tiina Onir and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Hi

Is it possible that you accidentally overlooked two questions?

Q2: When will episode two content begin to appear?

Q3: What is the first episode 2 content that players can expect to see?

For Q1: Will episode one be considered complete at launch?
    Starr: Please refer to the Q1 schedule post for that answer.

I did check the Q1 post. It seems to say yes the story will be complete, but no for feature complete, with continued monthly releases and optimism that all will be complete by Christmas 2018.

I suppose we can wait for the Q2 post to get more details.

Thanks,

Cypher Black

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So when this is done, will we also be able to see these types of items on players?

Cirsee likes this.
  8. eli

eli Avatar

hm no mention of my biggest question.

a while ago there was a plan to experiment with capping effective skill levels in a certain pvp zone at 100. I suppose I will interpret the lack of acknowledgement as "we changed our mind because implementing it was too hard for RC1"

I am confused because as your link shows, it was supposed to be for R45, and I am still unsure of whether it is implemented.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Chatele, Jens_T and MrBlight like this.
  9. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Hi @Chris. My question was overlooked and I can't for The life of me find an answer anywhere else.

Q. Regarding PvP and the stackable ransom item, does it now take ALL of that type of item regardless if you have it broke into smaller stacks or does it ONLY take ONE stack of that item. I understand that an item only counts as one roll of the dice regardless of how many you have. I am curious how many it will take from you though and my concern is a mage who has ALL of one reagent taken in one fell swoop. Thank you @Chris and keep up the great work :) :)

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And what do they eat on their salads and dunk their wings in, @DarkStarr?

11. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris Thanks for the explanation on decay. In the past you had indicated that the increases in decay amount were happening at 80 (instead of 81) and 100 (instead of 101). Has this been fixed?
    (It would be nice to know if I'm shooting myself in the foot with lvl 100 skills and should just drop them to 99 for the time being)

Chatele, Jaanelle DeJure and FrostII like this.
  12. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

I was more referring to the fact that the only reliable way to generate production experience is either mining or skinning. Anyone who wants to be a crafter is going to be spending the vast majority of their time on one of those two activities, regardless of what they actually want to spend the experience on. This is a miserable grind that may or may not make any sense for the character in question, and grinding up millions of experience 500 at a time is not fun or engaging gameplay.

13. oplek

oplek Avatar

Also while intermittently yelling at no one in particular, "Is it so HARD to TURN OFF A LIGHT AROUND HERE"

Alley Oop likes this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Each other.

15. oplek

oplek Avatar

I've tried to sell recipes at a reasonable price. I kind of wish there was some tracking of people who speculate off your vendor and sell on theirs for steeply increased prices. I think that should affect your Truth virtue... or something.

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

But... isn't capitalism based on this idea? It's fair to get whatever price you can get! No virtue hit needed. :)

17. eli

eli Avatar

If there were a way to search vendors, i'm sure prices would be down <5k.

The problem is, there's no point in listing 3-4 recipes. When someone needs a recipe, they are out to find it, not scan through hundreds of lists which might contain a handful they can individually look at. I don't list mine because they would just be noise on my vendor, unless some magical happenstance matched me with someone.

So the price gets to be effectively set by those who have dedicated a whole vendor to selling recipes. And they can further encourage this process by buying up recipes and relisting them on their centralized vendor.

I'm guessing this is "working as intended" as a "merchant class" or whatever.

I really want a co-op where everyone pools their recipes in a few boxes, then takes one as they need.

18. oplek

oplek Avatar

I wouldn't argue that truth and fairness are interchangeable, though. If I take a rusty dagger, and put it on my vendor for a million gold.. I'm essentially saying "this rusty dagger is worth a million gold"... but the statement is false.

But being able to track it depends on the system determining what something is actually "worth".

19. oplek

oplek Avatar

Though I think we'd also have to take a hit if we undervalue an item too... even if it's generous.

20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Hmm.. I guess it is about intention?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.