PVP Full Loot and the PKing experience!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Greed., Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

but the fact is we do have a choice and there is nothing you can do about it, would i like a full open world PVP YEP! but again thats just my opinion. Also it moved into a direction from line one to now into another PVP battle, ive been through a million of these, its always the same outcome no matter how its put, thats because someone, states why they do or dont like it (even Rufus) if you go back and read some more, i think every ones reasoning is acceptable, although I may not agree with them! So I read as a PVP, and stick up for PVP as a PVP, just like others do that are all PVE, Why you singled me out is unknown since there are many with the same results PVP and PVE alike, but challenge accepted! :)

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That's not true. Ask anyone that fought murlocs on WoW.

Ned888 and Silent Strider like this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

... actually that's not true... I was playing a game this weekend where I died early in game because some critter spawned near my start point and kept killing me before I could do anything. Ended up having to restart the game.

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

hmm continuing argument imagine if with those murlocs, a pkr came along and saw you down, much more harder to stay up. also ask anyone trying to complete a quest in wow, and a pk came along and made it so you couldnt.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

in addition to your scenario drop a pkr in there that is waiting for you to get low enough so he can one shot you!

Honestly as much as you may not like it add a pkr in the midst and it becomes harder.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

No matter what scenario any of you come up with if you add one pk or many to that, it is alot harder! I know the truth hurts, but.....what ive realized no matter how right i am someone will come along and try to prove me wrong, anything that involves someone that can kill you while trying to complete something else, even if there are 50 murlocs, that one pk or many pk will make that battle harder for you, if they can get to you before the murlocs do! Like what you like play what you play and just be happy :)

7. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

My point was whether it's a player or critter doesn't matter.... both are going to kill you before you get a chance so the point is moot... both play styles are equally frustrating/challenging. Adding a player into the mix when I'm already dead from a critter and the the critter is just going to kill me doesn't make it any harder. I'm still dead.... again... and again... doesn't matter who did it. If the game I played this weekend had a Pkr too I'd still have been forced to restart. what I would have preferred would have been a co-op friend showing up and killing the critter and giving me a chance. not somebody looking to make an easy kill... which brings us to the point of why would a PvP think this is harder? It's actually easier... the Pkr just stands over a corpse and keeps killing the same person over and over... that's fun?

Noctiflora likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Change out pkr for "random unexpected attack" then you should see my point.

Noctiflora and Silent Strider like this.
  9. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

I quoted your post as it stipulated that we have choice as to whether or not to flag for PvP. Seeing as Rufus' post was responding to the OP of this thread advocating the removal of that choice and thus your post that we will have that choice was illogical.

All of the posts that so rabidly advocate that PvP + PvE is better than PvE alone aren't really staying on topic. The OP opined that the PvE choice should be completely removed as none of the PvE posts are advocating for the complete removal of PvP from the game the topic at hand is the choice, not the relative merits of PvP vs PvE. As you've early posted that you agree everyone should have that choice I'm at a loss to see the 'challenge'.

So let me see if I understand what you're advocating. You as the PK can follow the PvE player as he deals with the mobs in the area and then wait to attack him until he's weakened enough that you feel comfortable attacking him, thus you haven't had to deal with the environment and are only entering PvP after PvE has tipped the scales of chance in your favour.

While I heartily agree this scenario makes it much more challenging for the PvE player, I am at a lost as to how this makes it challenging for the PvP player. In fact there's a pretty good argument that this is "Easy Mode" for the PvP player and not worth any kind of accolades for brilliant play.

But that's just my opinion YMMV.

10. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

re: my first highlighted part.......You've got that all wrong....(sorry, just couldn't resist. :)) But seriously, of course you feel you're right. You wouldn't be posting something if you didn't think you were right. (well ok, trolls do but you're not a troll). Likewise, so does everyone else. Opinions are opinions, and everyone has one, none of which necessarily constitute facts, just opinions.

[​IMG]

I agree with you about the second part I highlighted though. Thankfully SotA will allow us all to play how we want and when we want. :)

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You need to stop getting a Pkr and PVPr mixed up, for instance if i showed up i wouldve helped you but if a pkr showed up he wouldve killed you!

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

wow you guys just refuse to see it a pkr droped into any scenario that wants to kill you makes it harder this argument is dumb, you have monster then you have a pkr hiding waiting till you get down low on hp then he kills you. but keep- not believing that its all good and this argument has ben exhausted over and over!

13. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Point well taken ... But in this case i was refering to just a pk'er... I just added the pvp'r at the end as a general question and perhaps should have left it as pk'r.

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok first of all me as the pvp not pk, everyone gets that all mixed up, so here it is for the millionth time PVP - just has the option to attack anyone who is in pvp, pk like to run up on noobs and kill them or gank other players, once you get that straight youll understand. IMO your just trying to start an arguement and if i was one of the other (pve advocates on here, i probably wouldve reported the thread for a personal attack) but since im not one of those. heres a shovel you and the rest of your followers keep digging!

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just enjoy what you got simple solution, if your not in pvp then we will hardly see each other, i would imagine, except in passing.

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah i am not the PKr that runs up on the weakest opponent, I am the PVP that can attack that Pkr if i feel its a necessity, under the standing that i am flagged PVP. which i will be all the time unless im forced to go into PVE mode (which like a lot of PVE, i wouldnt be happy with!)

cartodude likes this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No, I see things from a programmers perspective. It's simple math and you want to make it about PK.

Expected combat + unexpected combat = solution.

PvE + PvP = desired result (for you)

You are saying that PvE + unexpected PvE can never = desired result (for those that do not wish PvP)

Wasn't it you that started to the thread about should PvE combat be more challenging?

Silent Strider and Batoche1864 like this.
  18. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

You're contradicting yourself then

Implies that you are the PK and not just PvP. Or at least support the right of the PK to run up on those who aren't choosing to be flagged PvP and gank them.

Again I reiterate my continued participation in this conversation is because the OP wants us to have no choice, he's advocating FULL WORLD PvP and FULL LOOT as the only thing that gets him excited about playing and all he want's for this game.

Seeing as you've stated that you also agree we should have the choice I wonder what you're still doing here, no one wants to take away your choice so why are you still defending someone that wants to take away mine? Something you've already said you agree I have the right too?

There's no one here advocating PvP should be removed from the game. They are advocating that PvP remain consensual and PKing is the non-consensual act of killing those who don't wish to PvP at least in the context of this discussion, a point you seem to agree with. Logically it makes sense that PKing is the non-consensual act, as rolling up on someone flagged PvP and killing them, is PvP regardless of what they are doing at the time you attack.

So while on the one hand you claim to respect the rights of others to only participate in PvP by choice, and claim you'd never be the one PKing. You keep defending the PK as you choose to include them in PvPers, you imply at times that you are the PKer or at the very least agree with the PKer's right to force non-consensual PvP on others.

You claim you're just here to defend PvP there is no one here who starts off by denigrating PvP in their post, they are defending the rights to consensual PvP and denying that the PK has the right to make PvP non-consensual. So what are you defending?

I know I've just made the same point three times in a row but only because you still seem to not get it even though all three of those points have been made earlier in the debate.

Earlier you make a post and ended with "challenge accepted" but there was no challenge implied and good thing there wasn't as by your own statements you can't seem to decide which side you are on. This isn't a debate about the relative merits of PvP vs PvE it's a debate about Consensual-PvP vs Non-Consensual-PvP. So by continuing to take one side and then the other it seems you've come unarmed, to the challenge you created in your own mind.

Perhaps it's time to remind everyone, myself included, to stop feeding the trolls.

19. Artariel

Artariel Avatar

Isn't that what happens in real world and isn't law force what keeps this not happening? I thought you were a role player, can't you just group up for those murderers?

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

In the real world people must live within the laws of physics. In a game, players will always find ways to exploit flaws in the code to live outside the rules as defined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.