PVP Full Loot and the PKing experience!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Greed., Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

One of my 3 characters will be PvE, One Pvp,One a Crafter.

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I dont think so PVP open zones are much smaller PVE have 90% of map so ill end it there, as far as im concerned PVE refuses to meet PVP half way! Everything changes for PVE even our playstle as PVP. No matter how you argue it, the benefits go to pve and ill stand by that forever. We pvp are the only ones that have to change our playstyle with hopes that it will attract pve which in any case it wont, and the pvp will be well watered down.

Ara and L.M. Avorin Swiftslay like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Hrm, I havent seen that statistic Blaquerogue, can you tell me where you got it from? I know you are hard core about pvp. I really hope we can get to a place where it will be acceptable for all of us. I have some questions:
    Do you want to remove the extra resource nodes in pvp zones then if you do not think it will work to entice some pve to enter? If there was no incentive for pve to go to pvp zones what looting would you want? Do you think there will be enough pvp people to sustain themselves in these zones? Can I ask what benefits the PvE people have over the pvp people?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

one other thing I am not sure of......... If you flag yourself for pvp, can you pvp anywhere in Novia, with any other flagged character? I am not sure about this one.

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I personally want full loot pvp in pvp! my solution from the start is 2 servers PVP and PVE, PVP being full loot. Thats not gonna happen we know that already! but honestly not too many of the PVE even want to come in to PVP, (with full loot etc..) PVP isnt going to want to come into PVE for anything, its too soft for us, we have one or two areas your gonna have to either accept pvp or turn around (10% of PVP open area is a guess compared to the amount of PVE areas) fortunately we can stay flagged PVP in all of it! but if a pve is there then we have toi listen to them ***** about how unfair it is (*hits ignore in game) I dont think anything will entice PVE into PVP except, safety everywhere from getting really looted. It seems to me a lot of PVE, are missing self esteem since they don't think they could stand a chance against PVP!
    Honestly when you get killed over and over if your not learning from that, then yes, you are wasting your time in PVP, there are a lot of PVE that could stand a good chance against at PVP if they only tried or learned how! I honestly believe that taking out another player is not that hard if your paying attention to how they are killing you off!
    So in the end PVE will not come to PVP unless they are completely safe from all the PVP elements, which is why i say "ok if you dont like pvp there is an option to opt out of it!" That option has always been there from the start!
    Ok on to the nect question about nodes higher resorces, yes i beleive that o be legit since it is harder to get stuff in PVP (other people killing you off) along with monsters in game, those two things we will always have to be cautious of! In PVP.

L.M. Avorin Swiftslay likes this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you for your answer. I have one comment to something you said. You might be right that some people have low self esteem and avoid pvp because of it. I don't think that many do though. I do believe its an Ideological way of thinking for many. Some people do not want to kill. Some people want to live up to virtues. Some people want to be crafters and gatherers. Many do both, pvp and pve. I do not think its my place to judge them or assume why they do not do pvp. I think some can be enticed and maybe will like it if they get their self esteem boosted. I also think some will be turned away at some of the more provocative pvp antics from some people. Either way, we are all in this together, and this is the time and place to meet in the middle, and find what is best for all of us. I wish more people had constructive criticism and the ability to listen to reason. Thanks for listening to my rant Blaquerogue :)

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

That is good news then. You might be able to entice more people one on one, in a safe area. Get them to flag and show them how to pvp. Show them the ropes before throwing them to the wolves so to speak haha.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Yes, with the "current thinking," if you are flagged for pvp you can pvp anywhere, even in towns (but the devs said the guards "may" react in towns). So actually that's 100% of the map open pvp with anyone who is flagged. In addition there will be a certain percentage of the map, certain hexes, where it will be mandatory pvp; if you enter the hex you're automatically flagged pvp. So for non-pvpers that is less than 100%.

So I don't understand where some people are saying it's only those hexes that are open pvp, unless they're meaning that there will be no un-flagged people there; I know that some of the pvpers here are offended by a mere glimpse of someone they can't attack. I don't really know what to say to them about that, to be honest.

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok i had some more time to think about this (again) and heres what i think, PVP will have each other to PVP, so thats fine, PVE will be able to play PVE without worrying about getting attacked by another player.
    PVE need to realize that not all PVP just roll up and attack you for no reason, I being one of those just don't roll up and attack someone! I do believe that PVP need to have full loot, if i happen to roll up and attack someone for a reason i want the ability to take all their stuff so they can go somewhere else for awhile and re equip their stuff while i continue what i was doing prior to that.
    There are many reasons someone may need to be killed #1 Pking you out of the blue just cause they can, my main reason for killing someone off, #2 annoying you in the game (i know you could hit ignore but that's no fun)
    Now if you are pvp imagine some PVE talking smack to you and going on and on, "god i wish i could just kill off that guy but i cant cause hes in PVE", PVP can be, just as grieved as any PVE, the difference is i cant kill you now because your in PVE! So ill hear request a duel over and over which will annoy me and i will decline. But why duel theirs nothing at stake? Now if i could duel you and take all your stuff if i killed you, i might have accepted on the first request to duel!
    Im hoping that since i will be PVP, i will be grouped in certain hexes with those that are pvp so i don't have to worry about PVE wanting to duel, perfect example "WoW" it seemed every second someone wanted to duel even if you declined "boom" there it was again "request to duel" to me that is grieving other players no matter if your PVP or PVE, if i was in town i was there to complete a quest or craft something! If i wanted to duel someone i would be in a PVP zone and able to take all your stuff.
    So to sum it up yes i am full everything PVP for those reasons, I will always be PVP so just respect the fact that i like a different game than you do! If your PVE and very against PVP that is also a personal choice and i support that for your enjoyment of a game.
    But there is no way that PVE is as Hard as PVP so i agree if you want something extra then by all means come on over to PVP, but it will not be as easy as it was when you were PVE, again you will have to worry about game generated monsters and other pkrs that will attack you! That will never happen in PVE. theres the only difference i can think of between the 2 PVE and PVP.

10. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

You just said in your last post that PVP isn't all that hard....

The only consistency to any of your arguments thus far seems to be that you are a L33T D00D in PVP and you kill people who annoy you , which is an undefined parameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah if they annoy me i will kill them to stop the annoyance, thats my prerogative! Since i will be in PVP all the time, ill be able o do that! Which you in PVE wont, but youll still be protected from US! Thats all you seem to want protection and everything handed to you, easy game with no challenge except, game mechanics, good for you once again i understand you do not want to play PVP, just like i dont want to play PVE/M Id rather play against the game and against other players! :) stay safe! It was defined when i say "no" i dont want to do something as stupid as a duel, walk away and dont keep badgering me (that was my WoW experience) now when we were in pvp zone at that point i would kill you if i could :) just for annoying me when im trying to do something else! Besides listening to "im a L33t Dood" maybe that is what you did, but i did not. Besides ned i thought we cleared this up "no matter what i say youll argue it, your starting to bore me! Its all the same over and over! Im PVP and will stand up for it, your PVE and will stand up for it as well, just leave it at that we both understand that from each other, or at least i thought. Oh and let me mention PVP is not that hard if your PVP and know what your doing (even against a L33t Dood) But yes it is hard for PVE. Its also alot harder than PVE, especially when trying to complete a quest and somone keeps attacking you! Challenge accepted!

12. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

That's where you're wrong on two counts. I'm not arguing with you, I'm rebutting the same exact statements you have been making for months, just in different ways. Second, I'm a PVPer through and through. I'm just not a PVPer who wants to recreate a 17 year old system. I've played too many much better games to accept that. You assume that I am a PvE only player because I don't agree with you and I don't spout off about PVP all the time... I wonder how many other posters you have made that mistake about.

Oh and just for the record, IMO if you kill someone for annoying you (who knows what will do that... Maybe disagreeing with you) that makes you a PK pure and simple. It's an in game hissy fit at the most basic level.

The game as it stands in current thinking seems fine to me. I don't agree that full loot will make it better in any way, although I have offered ideas that I feel could make that a possibility; I'm still anxiously awaiting a post from your camp that is not a clamor for the return of a 17 year old game.

Just remember, there is literally no game without PvE content. No monsters means no gold seeded into the game, no resources means no crafting, so no weapons and armor or a myriad other things. No trees, grass, rocks, mountains, etc means no environment to play your whack-a-mole game with other players. Saying that PvE doesn't matter is just plain wrong. On the flip side saying PVP doesn't affect everyone is completely wrong too. PVP will offer increased rewards in resources, an increased source of experience, and a definite drain on game resources just to name a few things. It has the potential to really make things different for everyone in the game and 'you guys' need to actually consider the ramifications. Adding in PVP as an additional layer to the game, instead of a side pursuit has the very real potential to unbalance almost every system in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL i like how you slipped that in there to go against my pvp %! Very sneaky! but yes i will be able to PVP anywhere i want, you are right so ill take that 10% thing back, I was at work and tired and you got me there! lol you see im a good sport! overall!

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

God i hope your PVP! but back to your statement there {environment + somone that can kill you = harder than just PVE.} Think about all the times you may have gone into a dungeon trying to complete a quest and then your ganked! right there its harder to play than not having to worry about that scenario. pretty much all youve written in no pvp no pvp or lack there of. So to me hearing that all the time tells me you are not pvp. As far as what im used to in PVP! So yes that is my personal opinion of you, from what you have written, and only that.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I don't believe there are many who believe that.

The difficulty becomes differentiating one from the other. If the possibility exists that each person may be one of the few, then every encounter must be approached with the assumption that that person you do not know *IS* one of those who will attack you for no reason. While I accept that some find that level of paranoia entertaining, and will pay good money to have that feeling in a virtual world where the consequences of that paranoia are limited, I simply do not find it entertaining and will never (again) pay for that 'privledge.'

Yes, there are many Noble PvP players. Those that roleplay, those that fight the bad guys, and protect the innocent. I acknowledge and applaud their existance. Unfortunately for them, this is a case of a few bad apples spoiling the whole bunch.

Silent Strider and Noctiflora like this.
  16. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

I'd like to suggest that your metaphor leaves the wrong impression about the frequency of the Noble PvP compared to those who are less so. I think a more accurate metaphor would be "falling into the cesspool and coming up with a golden ring" which, for me, gives a better description of the situation you're in and how rare the Noble PvP is.

As always YMMV

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well that is just the risk of being in pvp! Its that simple, i can also be rolled up on and ganked! So its not onesided, its a risk i choose to take since that is what i like to play, If you like PVE and want nothing to do with PVP, by all means do put yourself in PVE! It is a choice! theres no argument there at all, I accept your scenario and you do not. Ok thats fine with me.

18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This is a choice. How is it any different than someone pulling more MOBs than expected? Or a MOB running in fear and agroing a more MOBs unexpectedly? Or if the devs decide to add in MOBs that stalk you and attack when you are in less than desirable situations?

PvP is the unknown factor you seek in that equation, devs can add in other unknown factors beyond PvP.

19. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

Rufus D'Asperdi's comments are based on this thread's OP advocating that you don't have the choice and that the world be 'Open PvP'.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

dont forget then a pkr comes along when your down and kills you! (back to square one) it wont happen in PVE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.