PVP Full Loot and the PKing experience!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Greed., Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You need not understand it, only accept that there are people that do not enjoy the things that you do.

That's what I do.

2. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

Umm. No. I'll voice my opinion like everyone else here had

Especially since I've contributed money towards this project just like others have.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ara likes this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Wasn't asking you to not voice your opinion... Have at.
    Was asking you to accept that not everyone enjoys what you enjoy, and accept that fact without needing to understand it.
    I will never understand why people enjoy harassing others in games, and frankly don't want to, but I accept the fact that some do.

4. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

I don't think anyone has said the game should be PVE only, especially in this thread. They've expressed opinions of not liking PvP and not wanting to be forced into PvP surely, I'm in the same boat, I don't want to be forced into PvP, but I also do not want the world to be PvE only. There is a big difference between a PvE only world, and not wanting PvP to constantly be hovering over your shoulder.

I enjoy PvE and PvP, I want the ability to choose either one, back and forth, one then the other as my mood changes. So I agree, PvE only would be boring, but I think you will also find that few, if any here, want it to be that way in actuality.

5. Ara

Ara Avatar

There will be PvP but i fear it will be a watered down PvP to please the casual PvP players that dont want to much risk vs reward and consequences. They are also trying to entice others that never would have taken part in PvP to take part.

That is also why i as a hardcore PvP player feel left out in the cold. My gameplay isn't covered by developers.

6. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Which is your gameplay that isn't covered? I've ready many of your posts, but I'm curious to see a succinct description of what you are looking for that isn't covered by what we have heard or assume thus far.

Arcon Wornsteel likes this.
  7. Ara

Ara Avatar

Full loot or a skill based loot system like the one Envy proposed, we have ransom instead.

Not a player skill based combat system, instead a random, luck based card game.

Affinity that most likely will make the game a more item based PvP game, weapons should have little impact on a 1 vs 1. Player skill should be the decider.

blaquerogue likes this.
  8. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Will there be an option to Toggle on/off PVP.

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

YES :) Unless of course you go willingly into a just PVP zoned area/town. But you will get a "do you want to go into a flagged area" warning before you do so

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  10. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

after watching the Hangout from yesterday I have a renewed sense of excitement for the pvp element in this game with the acknowledgement of PVP zones/ towns.

The team has said that certain zones will have uncommon resources, but the risk of dying at the hands of other players will follow...this is EXACTLY the type of PVP that I personally, find meaningful.

It lets PVErs opt out of pvp accordingly, and gives PVPers the risk/reward that they are looking for that has been missing in so many games.

This is what I wanted and it seems as though the team will deliver. Can't wait to battle for those precious resources!

11. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Yeah, personally I would prefer non full loot, but really could care less. With the option to involve myself or not as I choose, it resolves the idea that there is equipment I don't want to lose. If thats the case, prior to involving self in PvP, I just don't take it with me.

I'm not sure I agree with you assessment of the combat system. I agree that luck will likely be playing a part, but it always does to one extent or another. I will need to see how the system works out to really weigh in. In thinking about it, it might be fun, or it might suck. It all depends on how it feels. I don't need total control over my skills while in combat, you never would in real combat anyway, so it adds a bit of excitement to me, having some luck of the draw thrown in.

Oh, if its becomes COMPLETELY luck of the draw, no. THAT I would not enjoy, but nothing in what they have told us makes me even come close to thinking that will be the case, so we will have to wait and see how it plays out.

I think that items should not have as much of an impact on combat as, for example, they do in WoW, but I think they should have at least a good amount of impact. I think a good balance of item vs skill is important.

Arcon Wornsteel likes this.
  12. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

I have yet to watch the hangout (I typically hate watching webcasts and listening to podcasts), so I'm going by the overview posted here, but apparently it's just as it was said since Kickstarter: PvP zones and events where certain high end resources are more abundant, but the same resources also available for pure PvE players to obtain in other ways. So, nothing exclusive to PvPers, they are just playing in easy mode when it comes to obtaining those resources.

As long as the difference is not too great it will be fine with me. If the difference is so great that I feel gimped by not engaging in PvP, I will just sell my two largest pledges and use the remaining one to play the game exclusively offline.

13. Ara

Ara Avatar

Excuse me?

Since when became it easy mode getting resources if you have to do PvP and PvE same time?

The chance coming empty handed back to bank or being disrupted while gathering resources is of course way higher if you are taking part in PvP and same time have to fight PvE mobs.

Only fighting PvE creatures is easy mode.

But your point might be sorta accurate depending on how much more resources you can gather in PvP areas.

Huge PvP guilds that also is skilled at PvP might gather more/time.

KingPramus likes this.
  14. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

That was my exact response when I read that. So competing in combat against other (hopefully) skilled players for resources is "easy mode" while killing AI rats again and again isn't.

You can't make this stuff up man I swear...

15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

16. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

You guys assume it will be more difficult with no evidence to support your claims.

From my perspective it will be a guild controlling the node while a few crafters pick it clean, little to no threat or effort at all.

You guys make such a big deal out of PVP. It ain't that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Ara

Ara Avatar

So you claim it will only be 1 PvP guild fighting for these resources? =)

What are the odds for that? I would say zero.

What happens in these areas full of resources is that they become PvP hotspots.

Both for the extra resources and for the fun of PvP.

In UO (Renaissance) was fighting mobs so easy that it almost felt embarrasing compared to fight skilled PvP players.

18. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

The guild controlling the node will kill any individual who comes along and will most likely deter any who decide to try and take it, or at the very least hold them off.

For some reason you talk as though you have played this game in full already. If you are just laying down your standard UO line then you should probably be able to remember how power scrolls were obtained and how that worked. This system is a reflection of that system and may work the same way... As I am describing.

As for players being so much more difficult to kill, that is extreme bunk. The vast majority of PVP participants are at a low or median level of skill. The few who are really good are not likely to be encountered. You act as though everyone will be top tier and that just isn't so. PvE challenges can and usually are much more difficult than your average Johnny-whack-a-mole PVPer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

I'm starting to think you're just trolling now bro. You say things like this as if its fact instead of opinion, which it obviously is.

Ara likes this.
  20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

There will Indeed be some king of the hill combat going on. But all of that will probably be turned against the person trying to get a node lol. supreme gankage, then continue on fighting. There also probably will be alliances and pacts made between guilds that will secure regions or "turf" area's. Either way, the nodes will probably be difficult to get unless you are the controlling guild or alliance.

Time Lord and Sold and gone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.