Open pvp server

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Duke William of Serenite, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

I once pushed for seperate servers myself.
    But then I thought... Why not just create two entirely different games with different rules? Because different people like different games, so if someone doesn't like one game they can play the other game they like more. If your going to quit on SotA because the PvP system isn't EXACTLY what you wanted(And im almost positive it will NOT be exactly what alot of you people want) then theres probably many many other games out there that run PvP more the way you want it to. Just look around theres something out there for everyone.
    Im very vocal on how I would love my PvP served to me, but im not giving up on an awesome game just because the PvP wasn't exactly how I wanted it. Most of the games LB has created have no PvP in them at all. And there all awesome.

2. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Yeah except that SotA has selective mulitiplayer and it has PvP flags so we don't need to have multiple servers and multiple games in the first place.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  3. Robby

Robby Avatar

Hope I didnt come off as still pushing for seperate servers. =P
    Cuz im not. Ive already scrapped that idea. One world is enough I say. Cuz its ONE game.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

The separate server thing comes up a lot because it was how UO was architected.

This game is not made the same way, so it doesn't make sense in the same way as it did for UO.

Even if it were possible, it is a bad idea with the smaller amount of players we currently have to split the player base at this point.

The world should be more than large enough to accommodate everyones play styles.

5. Orion Astrium

Orion Astrium Avatar

Wouldn't separating people physically be the exact OPPOSITE of the whole purpose of this game? I though the idea of not having "Shards" was so that everybody would live in the same world together and share in the discoveries and creativity. The truly innovative part was being able to selectively choose the type of people you wanted to see most often.

Face it, if everyone were exactly the same life would be pretty boring. Even if I don't like a particular play style I don't want to make it extinct. The ripple effects would eventually hurt everyone.

6. Owain

Owain Avatar

I would absolutely prefer that to be the case. For every PvE person in my instance, that is one less ally/enemy who can join. If people want to spectate, they can check you the Youtube videos people will post of their exploits.

baronandy and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  7. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

The thing here is : hard segregation in instances where combat occurs doesn't mean we instantly get two populations barely seeing each other in town and only actually sharing an economy. The whole idea of the flexible system is, as you said, to allow you to select who you want to see but also when.

Switching from open PvP flag to non open PvP flag suddenly (or not so suddenly) makes you see the other half of the population everywhere you go. And everyone is allowed to switch.

It seems like many people have come to think that they'll always play on one side of the fence, but let's face it, even the King of bank sitters will want to try his might against players at least once, and even Dreadlord UsuckD00D will want to only kill monsters after a very long and tiring day of work.

So in the end, I say yes to hard segregation in every hex.

baronandy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.