Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I konw this will catch some hell but . PvP ?????

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I didn't say it was in any way, you should re-read my post. I said if someone is AFK and not trying to exploit anything, I personally consider it their "pause button." For all intents and purposes, they're out of the game -- their body is just still there. So I leave them alone.

And again, killing AFK players doesn't make the game harder in any way, just more annoying.

Net and Caliya like this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

To be fair I just looked at the first line and dropped my head in my hands and replied ;)

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Easy solution. Turn on looting. No one will AFK in a place they can be killed anymore. (Both PvE and PvP looting)

Budner, Keira OFaolain and E n v y like this.
  4. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

Rista your frightening me... seriously... why are you starting to make since?

5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Because I always have and you have been resisting it. ;)

I come at things from the perspective of neutral, the rules are king.

6. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

No that cant be true, i think your starting to come to the dark side, but thats ok we have cookies.... just ask Gabriel he's eatten plenty of em. :p

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I guarantee if afk gave immunity in any way shape or form.. it will take me an hour at most before i figure out how to exploit the feature to attain world domination. New Britanian time will then officially be GMT +11, vegemite will be the new in game currency and all your base are belong to us.

Lyran, lollie, Net and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Where I stand is in balance. No dark without light. Light likes to pretend there is no dark.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  9. smack

smack Avatar

Easy solution:

Options -> Exit to main menu instead of going AFK.
    Sub-option: Only if flagged for PvP (for any reason).

Of course, the option would obey any cooldowns/timers/etc.

I mean, it wasn't that hard to hit ESC and choose "Exit to Main Menu" manually, but this would be an automatic method.

Once implemented, no more excuses.

Lyran and foobard like this.
  10. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

I totally agree, sad but true. Not an issue at all as there are - at least for the time being - no really consequences for dying.

In my opinion the important questions are:
    * What can be done to minimize persons who play the game and get their fun out of grieving others?
    * How can reward for this kind of behavior be minimized, or even penalized?

Certainly not every "can do" is a "should be doable without consequences".

Caliya likes this.
  11. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

Good idea, but as current loading times are one minute or longer to enter the world your suggestion turns a 60s AFK into 60s AFK + 1m or longer staring at the "loading" screen.

12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Unless the very first (insert appropriate programming term here) executed is "remove character from scene"

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  13. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

AFK Ganking has existed since time immemorial in any MMO/game with PVP in it. It's not going to go away with a set of arcane etiquette being imposed by people who oppose it. The fact is that the angrier people get about it, the more the gankers have fun.

To me this is an extreme non-issue though. You only need to worry about it if you've flagged yourself for pvp in first place right? So unflag if you need to go afk, and if it's an emergency... well forgive me for sounding callous but the fact that you had an emergency to deal with should trump whatever happens to your video game character anyway.

It seems like people are talking about living in fear of travelling due to the impending threat of being PK'd at any time, any moment. If that's the problem just don't flag. Or play single-player online, or play friends only, or play single-player offline. Remember there's going to be a lot of options how to play this game.

Personally I prefer to play on PVP servers in games NOT to be a ganker, but because the threat of potential combat during the levelling process makes it more exciting. If I need to go afk I need to think about where to do it, can I use making it look like I'm afk as a trap? All sorts of things. I almost never initiate attacks, but some of my best MMO memories are surviving surprise attacks.

Beli Mawr and L u s t like this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I'd like to toss out a small little side comment on this. The usage of the term ganking is very misleading to me (not yours specifically) Heck, I am not even sure I know it means any more. I know ganking is not griefing, malicious intent is required for it to be griefing. Is 1 vs 1 ganking? 3 vs 1? eh doesn't matter really.

There is plenty of room for the possibility that someone claiming to be AFK was actually caught with their pants down. If I was watching someone and waiting for the favorable moment to pounce. Then when I do, I catch them completely off guard and take them to near death before they can react. So they don't and complain they were AFK. Is AFK code for "I wasn't ready"? Is that the kind of open PvP we are looking for?

15. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

Nevertheless it would be nice if a new and visionary game had a way to remove, avoid or has any good way to deal with griefing other than
    • get used to it
    • some players are just childish idiots
    • or any other excuse to not come up with a plan
    Best Answer:
    • it's your own fault cause you must not answer the door if the bell rings
    It is always a good idea to make the victim the culprit. The catholic church has been doing that successfully for centuries. And is still getting away with it.

PS: I think I would call an AFK killer "griefer" unless you are being AFK killed by more than one player, which would in my book make it AFK grief-ganking. I would prefer if the game had a way to deal with it other than to ignore it.

16. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Braemer is the Wild West and I love it!!

17. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

"Griefing" is interrupting someone else's gameplay experience, making it impossible for them to play the game.

"Ganking" is killing another PC from surprise.

Ganking does not necessarily mean Griefing.
    Repeated Ganking usually constitutes Griefing.
    Griefing can also refer to non-PVP activities like spamming chat, jumping around in front of others, etc

Themo Lock, Tahru and Moonshadow like this.
  18. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I have a bad feeling about the direction this game is headed pvp wise due to all of the role players making comments and talking down about pvp etc.. It would be a sad day if the devs actually listened to the negative comments and began to ruin the pvp instead of build it up.

Isaiah and E n v y like this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm happy as long as it doesn't go further than it currently is.

If you are flagged for PvP then anything goes......if that means the player rage logging and smashing up their keyboard then that means I will cry tears of joy. Long live the true no fear PvPer.....short live the wanna be PvPer within a safety bubble holding peoples hands.

Heavy Smoker, Tahru and Isaiah like this.
  20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Most of the role-players PVP, also i have pics of you role-playing lol. I have made suggestions for improving both aspects. This is never going to be full loot open world PVP but if we accept that and move on there is no reason why we can't work together to find ways to keep both crowds happy.

Gaelis and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.