Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I konw this will catch some hell but . PvP ?????

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I just saw a guy run into Breamar and kill another Open Pvp guy, the target was clearly not even there. So again WHY.

I know if you are flagged you take that chance but really, what is the point?

So PvP flagged open, if you are standing around in a town what is the point of killing them, No skill , no challenge , no reward, no value, nothing but plan out and out pointless killing?

There are plenty of FPS out there for players like that, No wonder why Open PvP will NEVER happen all over.

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There was a long thread a while back about turning on PvP.

Short version:
    Pro enable PvP: umm because it's PvP.
    Con enable PvP: <insert you question here>

Tahru and Weins201 like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL Weins why do you need to know so badly. I am not a PVPer myself, I have done it in the past only in situations to help a friend or as in WOW where you are in the group protecting the land against the horde,
    but I am a PVEer at heart. Who knows what people get out of it.

I heard some very good comments on your last post on this. I really liked the one from blaquerogue about the challenge of fighting against a persons mind rather than AI for the strategy it takes.
    Maybe someone will say something that answers whatever question it is that you need answered in this question.

For myself I truly want people to decide their game, their battles, their way. I don't have to or chose to decide that for them.

I just want this game to offer tons of fun for the different play styles and it doesn't have to be my own style. This game is all of ours.:)

4. Beli

Beli Avatar

Its simple you don't go afk when flagged pvp in a well traveled area. But I do wonder the same thing you do. whats the point of killing of a afk player standing in a town. To each there own I guess. You wont be seeing me afk no where when I am flagged pvp though.

foobard, FrostII, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I to like to play against a much higher level of Int that a PLayer give me over the (any) AI , but I just don't understand why someone would kill a player who clearly is NOT there? I understand that if they are flagged PvP they should go someplace safe when AFK, but even if they are found they can still be killed, the question is WHY?

Why would you kill a player clearly not there?

FrostII and Beli Mawr like this.
  6. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Because killing unsuspecting AFK victims is fun.

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There was also the "Kill Aquila" pvp event scheduled there very recently so allot of the PVP guys are still hanging in Braemar stabbing each other.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

bottom line is because they can the game in its alpha is designed that way, the victim could have been at war with somone or some guild? If you want a really good response kick it up to gen forums!

KuBaTRiZeS and Tahru like this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's not in Dev+ it's the R13 feedback forum. :)

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ahh i thought is was DEV + my fault! :oops: ok fixed

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ya 'spose..... :rolleyes:

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Why do humans kill for sport ?

Net, Keira OFaolain and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Given that we're talking within the context of a game.. let's keep it that way shall we?

14. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

To compensate other personal weaknesses in their life.
    (removed facts that are considered offensive by some closed minds)

Tarsilion likes this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I strongly advise a change of subject. Bringing RL issues in is both out of context and in this case.. really not a good idea for reasons I should not have to explain.

16. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Bowen is so right, that is a path that cannot end well.

17. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Thing is that this kind of killing just make it worse for us that want to have a more open PvP world. How are we to convince players to flag open PvP when there is cowards that do things like this? Most PvP players are constantly demanding reward vs risk behaviour, to kill AFK players have no risk whatsoever...

Only thing I can hope for is that all notice the name of players with this kind of behaviour and start making list of names to put on their ignore list so the risk of running in to them once we get proper instancing are low to none. Hopefully will that mean they only run in to each other.

Weins201 likes this.
  18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think that this could be done. Someone killing a player who is AFK gets a PK flag on him, so that other players see what he has done. If he does PK someone again he is automatically put on the ignore list of all players except for thosw who are also flagged as PK. This way the PKer would see only other PKers.

Weins201 likes this.
  19. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It often isn't the kill that is important, there is a certain percentage of the population that gains joy and satisfaction from interrupting other peoples events or ruining peoples day in general. It is the same reason that when a certain players favourite song came on the radio so they killed the noisy turkeys to hear it... several other players summoned turkeys and followed her around. The same reason when a certain player politely asked their neighbour to rearrange a messy yard, that neighbour drew the word "TWAT" in hedges and a large arrow pointing in their direction. The same reason people run past new players about to defeat a lich and open the chest to take gear they don't need or want. Some people are just jerks and will find a way to hassle the rest of the world for their own amusement regardless of game mechanics.

EDIT: mind you ... the hedge thing was hilarious.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I can never understand why people form these unenforceable "etiquettes" when it comes to PvP. This is no different than saying, "You would not have won if you didn't pot. We should force people to not be able to use pots in PvP."

It's PvP, why would you go AFK where you can be freely killed? Do people complain this much when they AFK out in the swamp and a Lich walks up and eats their liver?

Come on, seriously. Make an etiquette FAQ so you can point people to a standardized list of fuax pas or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.