SOTA Female character, the softer feminine side & more

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by majoria70, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I don't even know where to start to rip this ridiculous, posted-everywhere article to pieces. Every time I see it referenced, I go full berserk! :mad:

Saying that only plump female bodies are "realistic" is so wrong on so many levels! A colleague of mine plays as pitcher in a national-ranking softball team; she's in the room across my corridor, and while being an athlete, tall and muscular and well trained, she has all the "fullness" in the right places (I know because we boop each other often! :p).

I can tell you that Lara Croft would DREAM of having her body.

SJW should really just keep that thin-skinned trap shut.

Lord Soliwilos and Myrcello like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh my that article is craziness Raveclaw. Some women have tiny waistlines. I definitely did in younger years. I think there are some who aren't happy with themselves. So no matter what they do they have a poor self perception of themselves. I think the article has overdone it. While having choices and sliders is great to have different types of body types in a games, Im not sure we are getting them at this time. I don't think our females are emaciated at all. They just look like healthy, active females. After all they are busy, busy, busy.;)

edited

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

The larger women looked better to me, in all honesty.

Just as men often stereotype the perfect type of female body, women often assume that men automatically gravitate toward a certain type.

I don't often choose new mates, but when I do, I prefer something substantial to grab on to. Stay lusty, my friends.

4. EVL Treasurer

EVL Treasurer Avatar

And, tell me @Katrina Bekers, how many young girls starve themselves to the point of hospitalization or worse to get that body that is 1 in 100,000?

Myrcello and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

I have no idea.

Tell me, since you seem to know the exact figures.

Myrcello likes this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Some women are naturally slender; some are not. It is not surprising that female characters that are physically active in games would look like they are physically active. Some games have characters that are purely caricatures, entirely unrealistic versions of both men and women. In some games, you might play a gun toting raccoon. No one cares about their waistline, then.

That being said, with a persistent game like Shroud, where you might play the same character for years (not just to beat a storyline), it is good to have some variation. I think most everyone would like to have a character shaped the way they envision them, with the option for either entirely realistic or more toward their fantasy. I'm sure as we go along, the character design will develop in that direction.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Oh, looking good and beautiful does not mean you are not being stereotyped also in a negative way. :)

9. EVL Treasurer

EVL Treasurer Avatar

I'm sorry Katrina, I wish I did have the exact numbers but if you have any interest in our young girls that are trying to become that which they CANNOT take a look at this article. And with that I will exit this discussion.

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

*Laughs at all the drama* The article may not be the greatest thing written but it does show that most games tend to provide that "desired" or "perfect" figure of a woman when they develop characters. Why don't they create or offer other body types? Not everyone is an athlete. The same holds true for the male avatars. What if someone wanted to play the 'Friar Tuck' role of a character? In any case, most games won't even consider these other body types as they feel the thin, athletic look sells better. I'm not saying we should do away with this but a little variety would be a breath of fresh air. 100 Controls for the face, not one for the waist.

No "Friar Tucks" below, ok maybe one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <-- {Not playable as a character in a video game near you}

Budner and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

By the way, this looks interesting, I wonder if this could be used in some way with the Unity software.

Mixamo with Body Labs

"... With our body models, we can pose the human form and change the shape of the form and pose instantaneously. And, we can transfer any motion capture data onto any body shape. As a result, intricate video games can be efficiently designed and produced at a fraction of the cost. ..."

Used with pre-defined models of different shapes, it sounds interesting anyway. Something to keep an eye on. (And maybe no more clothing issues. ;) )

EDIT: Just saw this:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18466

majoria70 and Budner like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG]
    From early releases............we had this female
    [​IMG]
    And this is early also
    [​IMG]
    this was the beginning of the female updates

[​IMG]
    To now although it is a bit dark
    [​IMG]
    Shedding some light on the picture but forgot to F9 the other sutff out;)

[​IMG]
    Ok here's where we are in R19 and then onward we go.........................................

[​IMG]
    I love her hair and accessories and the alchemy stuff too;) For in town wear.
    [​IMG]
    I love lipstick and accessories.;)

[​IMG]
    I think she has a really beautiful face.
    [​IMG]
    More character customization. I am for pink if someone wants it. Not debating it though.
    [​IMG]
    Another for nice facial features

[​IMG]
    Also very nice facial features
    [​IMG]
    Dirt on the face is a nice touch and also another look for customization

Hey guys can we get back on topic a bit? This is our character model thread to give examples for the Devs when they get around to working more on them. They are not going to be like Tera and many others games. We will not be portraying women in a bad way. See above for current and previous SOTA Characters and some more examples from me.

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK back on topic but I'm reporting that window for obscenity. :eek:

majoria70 and unicornslady like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh now Budner thanks for getting back on topic like a good little boy.;) Hmmm but perhaps you should put your glasses on. You are suppose to look at the face. Don't I always say Mr Budner keep your eyes on the face.:eek:

Budner likes this.
  15. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Lipstick and accessories, yes please! I'd also like to be able to change hairstyles. Sometimes a girl needs to let her hair down ;) Maybe we could purchase wigs?

The under eye circles really bother me too, for some reason.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I agree margarite we must have more hairstyles, hmmm maybe wigs would work better than hair has been working. What a good idea. Now wouldnt that be funny to have stands or hat stands with different wigs on them. You are so smart. I think Ill look them up.

margaritte and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Kara Brae likes this.
  18. Katrina Bekers

I find hilarious how much information we have at hand in the era of Internet, and how uninformed we still are, using only trite memes, prejudices and stereotypes.

Let's always blame World Of Warcraft, isn't what all the cool kids do, after all? Still, on this awful awful game one can play exactly a Friar Tuc character. A fat, happy, hungry, rotund monk, barely able to button his own shirt on his huge soft belly! Let me show you a picture of him:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-mop?view=wowx4-artwork-14

A race of very playable characters whose traits (details: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/pandaren ) include:

EPICUREAN
    Your love of food allows you to receive double the stats from Well Fed effects.
    (Your char positively loves to eat and drink like a black hole, and yes, that gives a bonus!)

GOURMAND
    Cooking skill increased by 15.
    (From producer to consumer, without ever leaving your own hands)

INNER PEACE
    Your rested experience bonus lasts twice as long.
    (Because, it's a freaking well-fed monk!)

BOUNCY
    You take 50% less falling damage.
    ("I'm so fat I bounce on the ground! You heard me? I'M FAT AND HAPPY WITH IT!")

But who cares about the reality? Let's sperg some more nonsense - not that this thread needs any more, really... :rolleyes:

majoria70 and Elhaym like this.
  19. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

So many negative adjectives. Cheer up. ;)

20. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

If you're looking to play a chubby character there's Pontius in Trine:
    [​IMG]
    I get to play a fat bloke in real life though so I can take it or leave it myself (the Trine series, especially the first two, are excellent games BTW).

The problem with bouncing, however, is that you get to land again a short while later. Might make it worth having armour with special dampening effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.