A character is the perfect example of why noone wants to play PvP in SotA...

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by twofoldsilence, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This thread confuses me. Have we not learned that open PvP means there is an agreement in place? You are flagged open to PvP. The real question here is why would someone be flagged open PvP yet not want to PvP?

SotA PvP isn't bad. It's open PvP that's bad. Don't know why people haven't been pushing for more substance to PvP.

Unless it's about that bonus exp. If that's the case, you fell for the bait, sheep meet wolf.

2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I find it all rather amusing... after the second death I would have unflagged... sheesh...

MrBlight and fonsvitae like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

But, see... they're ROLE PLAYING a Cowardly, Dishonorable lout, so it's All Good!

Numa, margaritte, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im pretty sure this is exactly what every single person who has played PVP has pushed for...
    the problem is the majority of them left a while ago.
    And the few that didnt leave a while go, left more recent.

And i would argue that the OP was RP'ing the coward in this situation no? Way i see it, a PVP'er fought another flagged PVPer. Only difference is the OP came in upset that he couldnt best him.
    I'd argue that the player being bashed in this thread, simply played a good PVP'er by fighting on sight.

Again. Seems like a lot of non - SOTA PVP orientated people, on a high horse against players using the system in place.

* Re quoteing - It's open PvP that's bad. Don't know why people haven't been pushing for more substance to PvP.

If anything, its more impressive people are still trying to find use for the garbage mechanics in play. Lol..

Unrelated to the quote...
    I thought calling calling out players on the forums was against some forum rule... ? How is this thread even a thing .. lol.

Chrystoph Reis and Stundorn like this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I agree... that is the system in place... and it wasn't misused. It allows people to be dicks... encourages and rewards dickish behavior even. Little surprise when they do.

I will never, ever participate.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Make a note on that player (right click their name in the /who list or in chat) or keep track of them on a list outside of the game. No mercy for res killers, don't buy stuff from their vendors and boycott them in other ways. They want to roleplay evil pieces of trash then treat them that way. Seems to be a trend for a lot of players in this game, they kill another player then they run to the nearest ankh to try and res kill them again. Despicable.

Numa, margaritte, chaoticbeej and 3 others like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I will remember that :D

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Still a better string of thought than to run into your death again and again and again and again (read it with Benedict Cumberbatch's voice for Kahn).

MrBlight likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Then don't.
    And while I am at it:
    @twofoldsilence then don't.

Nobody will miss you two because nobody is there to miss you.

That's the basic problem with pvp.
    Not the fact that you actually can get *gasp* killed in open pvp but the fact that this is actually the ONLY thing to do in pvp. That's the reason I don't flag. Not because I might get killed but because I could turn into a **** like the op ran into because I am BORED.

10. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

[​IMG]

11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

OP presents one of the two reasons (rez killing) why I have not flagged PvP for a VERY long time o_O , the other reason being pickpocketing - never did find out who the invisible player was who snuck up on me once in a scene (Ruined Keep in the Hidden Vale) while I was just standing there healing myself and stole HALF my inventory before I noticed, thus forcing me to pay a huge ransom to get my stuff back :mad:) I highly doubt that I will ever flag myself PvP (which I had done solely for the extra xp) again...:(

Numa and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  12. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

You should never flag PVP if you plan on going afk or not spend attention to your surroundings... We shouldn't dumb down the game too much...

Brickbat and margaritte like this.
  13. Gabriel Nightshadow

It was not an open PvP zone and as far as I knew, there was no else around (had clicked on menu to see if anyone else was in the zone) since the person was obviously using Silent Movement or something similar to cloak themselves o_O I had just taken a really bad beating from the troll on the bridge and had barely managed to retreat to near the entrance to heal... The other player was clearly just taking advantage of my weakened state (near death :eek:)

Sir_Michael likes this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sandbox PvP

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I honestly can't see the issue here.
    You made a mistake.
    Lesson learned and paid for.

16. Gabriel Nightshadow

Clearly, we have different views on PvP o_O If someone wants my stuff, I expect them to fight me fairly for it (the honorable way of doing it...) , not steal from me (yeah...no honor among thieves...indeed) :mad:

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

No honor among thiefs. Pretty old saying.
    In my opinion you have the wrong expecations.
    We are talking about a game part that exists so we can KILL each other.
    And you expect e-honor and moral? I would like to say e-honor died a long time ago...but in my opinion it never existed.
    If he would have attacked you in your weakend state, wouldn't you complain the same now?

18. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I can't remember the name of the person,I mean for my own sake,not that I would post it. But a few months ago I remember someone who would kill people over and over in Owl's Head who I talked to one day when I saw him gank someone over and over,he said that this was his character and his immersion. He said my avatar is a stealing,thieving, ganking killing s.o.b. and this is who I am in the game and what I do,if people don't like it,then they better not flag PVP,because when they do,all is fair in love and war.. So everyone needs to grasp,like it or not,this is who some folks are in game.

margaritte likes this.
  19. Gabriel Nightshadow

Actually, I DO expect e-honor and morality. MANY who are engaged in PvP are not playing ruthless, immoral characters o_O ...and yes, if he had attacked me head on (not from behind...), I would have been fine with that :) I have no respect for cowards :mad: Forcing everyone who wishes to engage in PvP to sink to that level is just plain WRONG!

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That is correct!
    But as well it dosen't mean you have to be the PvP white knight.

In my EvE online time i have backstabbed so many players, corps and alliances that i stopped counting.
    I actually got paid pretty well for doing that (in game currency, just for clarification ^^).
    Is that amoral? It absolutley is.
    But it was well within the game mechanic and had nothing to do with grief play.
    It has something to do with identifiying and using another players/corp/alliance/guild weaknes and maximize the impact of your own attack and keep your own losses as low as possible as well as to cover your own weak points.

I can see no difference to what the thief did to you.
    If i would still do stuff like that i would have probbaly attacked you openly when you were at low health for the lolz. But that's personal preference at work here. The deed is the same.

In other words: in my (i admit fully: ver ypersonal) opinion you got lazy and paid the price for it.

Non the less i can fully understand if that isn't your kind of pvp play; don't get me wrong here please.

MrBlight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.