Blood & Gore

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Galamar, Jun 9, 2014.

?

What level of violence would you like SOTA to have?

1. Blood

5.5%
  2. Blood & Gore

13.7%
  3. All of the above & the ability to mutiliate other players (Ultima Online)

80.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galamar

Galamar Avatar

Okay well you still cant comprehend what I have been saying about why I did not include no blood... So we will leave it at that.

herradam likes this.
  2. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

The blood explosion is obviously not proportional to the size of the corpse. I have only tried corpse explosion on chickens and sheep so far, it was the same amount of blood for both.

crossbowsoda and Galamar like this.
  3. Galamar

Galamar Avatar

Yeah exactly. They obviously just made one corpse explosion animation which applies to every monster. They didn't specifically tailor each animation proportionally to the size of each monster.

4. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

For light-hearted individuals riding the lower end of the blood & gore filter, the effect of Corpse Explosion could cause cadavers to explode into a bunch of stuffed animals, unicorns & ponies and/or EZBake Ovens!

All joking aside, the corpses should definitely have proportional blood. I wasn't aware of there being just one animation. Meh. More polishing to do, I suppose.

That seems like a decent amount for a small animal. Flying feathers or bone/cartilage would be nice, though.

Humanoids? Whew. Lots more blood. Ugh! So excited for a Corpse Explosion spell. I loved it in Diablo 2. The Necromancer class had such a great feel to it.

Maka and Galamar like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nah, just glitter and rainbows is enough.

Galamar and crossbowsoda like this.
  6. Margard

Margard Avatar

Ferrets running out like lemmings from the corpse for me and scattering in all directions

crossbowsoda likes this.
  7. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

This is what's known as "Crackin 'n Fackin" ie: Something said with a smile on one's face, with a disclaimer that they're joking, when in reality they're serious as a heart attack.

Anyway, perhaps they could have it for the more ghoulish types riding the upper end of the blood & gore filter, the effect of Corpse Explosion could cause blood to splatter the screen to such an extent that visibility is impaired and all they can see is blood & body bits with little spaces in between for navigation, which would then require a potion of eyewash from the local alchemist that has to be made fresh on the spot (so no carrying around a supply), and should also require a bath & clean armor before said alchemist will do business with them. :) <------me smiling

But all joking aside,..............as long as there's an optional filter, I don't really care how much guts anyone wants to wallow in.
    ;) <--------smiles sweetly.

8. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Noctiflora, you need not explain!

Having read many of your posts (most similar to what's above), I'm now very familiar with this technique. You've perfected it!

Though it's unrelated to the filter, I like the idea of people not willing to do business with/help out someone covered in blood. Very nice. Adds a level of commitment to the playstyle.

Maka and Noctiflora like this.
  9. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

the punisher want pvp and gore maybe he should talk to the developers XD small joke lol what a crazy games got developed in the old days

majoria70 and Galamar like this.
  10. Maka

Maka Avatar

Personally I don't want a lot of blood and gore in the game simply because I often have little eyes looking over my shoulder. Dad, what are you doing? What is that? Why is it floating? Why are you on fire? Why is your guy on the ground? Can we turn him into a girl so I can go buy stuff at the market? :oops: Side note I'm very happy with the extra character slots so mine doesn't have to keep having a sex change! :)

Back on topic, just give me a toggle to turn if off sometimes. :)

Noctiflora and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  11. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What about explicit sex scenes? If there is blood, gore and dismemberment, why not show sex, too?

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well.. there's blood. Haven't seen any gore or dismemberment yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves..

Maka likes this.
  13. Maka

Maka Avatar

Sure.. lets show sex too and give me a toggle to turn that off too. When it's toggled off though I want it to make a bow chicka bow wow sound.

crossbowsoda likes this.
  14. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Oh pshaw. Come now, you flatter me, I don't deserve all the credit. You've done quite well all on your own.

About the doing business covered in blood, although I was being facetious when I thought of it in keeping with your post about the stuffed animals and unicorns, after more thought it doesn't sound like a half bad idea. Maybe have the dogs and cats in town following you around too. :) <---me smiling at the last sentence.

Silent Strider, crossbowsoda and Maka like this.
  15. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Couple of years back I was chopping veg and thought it would be a good idea to try and cut my thumb off!, I gave a little yelp!, And there was blood every where, On the floor ceiling walls 3 sides! and on the kitchen table, It took a lot of cleaning up next morning, Just saying with swords and stuff there would be quiet a lot of blood and screaming.
    In my opinion like other games you should be given a choice, blood and screaming if you want it or under 18 mode if you don't, I have enough MMo with killing as the main function I would really like Sota to be based more about non killing ways to finish quests now that would be ground breaking!

crossbowsoda and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Naked women are THE EVIL!!!!! ;)
    But unfortunately this is a discussion that will lead to no conclusion...

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

breasts are a lot more desexualized in europe than they are in the US.

Blame the people on the mayflower. Probably built up a lot of tension wondering what was under those black tunics

NRaas and crossbowsoda like this.
  18. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Our country is so backwards. :D

Body parts are naughty and should not be seen, but nobody in Texas feels safe drinking their Starbucks coffee without having a fully-loaded AR-15 at their side. o_o

(facepalm)

19. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

btw didnt they talked about a tropy collection system

here my recommendation collecting scalps XD

majoria70 likes this.
  20. Guards

Guards Avatar

I am all for blood and gore but a blood/gore slider might be a good option for those who are not so keen on it.

herradam, Hazard and crossbowsoda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.