1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Combat/Skills/Spells video chat!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Is subterfuge going to be a magic school? My eyes are automatically honing in on the fact that nine is an odd number, which means there needs a 10th to allow each school to have an 'opposing' school

2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

If anything, it could end under the Strategy group.

Nine schools of magic makes sense: eight in the directions of the arrows of the glyph, and the ninth - Chaos - in opposition to ALL of them. Or I should really say in juxtaposition...

3. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Sorry if this was already asked, but are there plans for an order skill tree? If so, will it be a paladin equivalent?

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The higher of the two makes sense from an intuitiveness standpoint. I posit that using the same school to resist is more about finesse, countering the magic because you know how it is constructed. Using the opposing school to resist is more brute force like holding up a shield to block the high pressure water coming from the hose.

Perhaps you can tweak the resistances to allow the same school a slight advantage based on INT.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

There should be a separate skill pool for resistances, that comes into effect after your first Tier of spells, explanation follows...........

Ok so i pick bludgeon skill as weapon, i have flame fist, death touch, heal self, Ice fist, and gust. I build up my 10 points in each, then i decide to get fire arrow, discharge, healing ray. In that case ive upped my spell selections...and now its time for the resistance tree to finally open

since i have fire, Air, healing, i should be able to raise resistances in the opposite trees, faster and then raise the resistance in the magic fields i have slower. We now have a resistance tree to build skill in depending on what we are using most.

I hope that made sense! :) This is just a suggestion.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Whens your next video Chris?

Logain and padreadamo like this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok i want to talk about healing..........If ive invested in it my healing should be bigger than 15 down all the healing spells! What the hell? 65 healing ray 15 - 18 heal, 39 healing touch 8 -14, 41 healing burst, 42 healing grace etc.... I should be healing way more than i am especially when ive invested so much in healing! You guys are killing me literally!!!! When i advance in the tiers i should do more healing in the tiers above it as well! Just like mages should do more damage when they invest in thier spells!

8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yeah, nerfing healing ray so that is not more powerful than healing touch was a very bad idea :( Please restore it back to its original strength, even if it means a longer cooldown, etc. ...:rolleyes:

Lord Baldrith and blaquerogue like this.
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Wait a second... I just had an idea... and it's gone. #Dewshine #RealSugar

Hey @Chris when can we expect to see your combat video again? I think we're due for one next week or the week after aren't we? :cool: *checks upcoming events* Hmmm... I don't see it scheduled so I figured I'd poke the bird and see what happened :D

padreadamo, Logain and blaquerogue like this.
  10. Palinor Tyne

Palinor Tyne Avatar

See http://sotawiki.net/sota/Magic_Sigil
    There are nine schools of magic in Shroud of the Avatar portrayed in the Sigil above: the eight elemental schools of Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Sun, Moon, Life, and Death all represent Order and are opposed to the ninth school of Chaos in the center of them all. The Magic Sigil therefore represents how all the schools relate to each other and it will appear in the game on many items.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.