1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Darkstarr's Release 7 Impressions (+ Revised R8)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There's usually one new thread a day asking for this. It's not going to happen.

But there's going to be A LOT of opportunity for PVP and to loot and take trophies and maybe even take body parts and literally back pies with them (if that's your thing).

Numa, Time Lord and tekkamansoul like this.
  2. Lord Scooby

Lord Scooby Avatar

I really like the ideas on how the PvP going to turn out. Let's sit back, relax and enjoy pvp as it is once it comes out. Whoever likes it fine and who doesn't well idk what to say.
    I played ultima online back in 98. It was fun while it lasted(until trammel came into play) but that's my personal opinion. I like the idea in not making trammel and felluca, but making just one world. You decide if you want to do open pvp or not. In my case the more ppl in pvp the more I get to kill, the more crafting members the better for us pvpers also. Its a level playing field. Equal opportunity for us all!

3. digitallyjinxed

digitallyjinxed Avatar

I haven't logged in since r3 because it was eating me up inside to play w/o pvp. So excited about this game all over again now!

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I change my mind about having good gear. How about removing all Epic gear from being found by players, and we can only craft armor and weapons acceptable to our level?

I wouldn't want some people to be totally impervious to damage, and others get thrashed.

5. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

Now you mention it... I want a new housing item: Outhouses! ^^

cartodude and licemeat like this.
  6. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

So ummm what's gonna happen when we get all them pledge items?
    There are a lot of things there are we going to have another performance issue?
    I hate to sound critical but, there is still a long way to go...pets,vendors,servant.
    Not to mention the Holdfasts towns the lists goes on and on...
    Just curious

7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The item limits will be well above the number of pledge items. Also items in containers (like chests) probably won't count against the item limits because the item limits are specifically related to visible objects (i.e. decorations). On top of that there are banks.

Olahorand, Numa, Arianna and 11 others like this.
  8. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I'm thinking it's too bad there's not a chest of some sort in pledge rewards or an expensive one on the store

Crikey, Khloec and Lord Baldrith like this.
  9. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Thanks Bro!!

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That was something I had suggested as well, a Benefactor Chest that you could purchase before launch for a modest amount. I'd buy a $5 chest to hold my loot before a $5 cat!

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I would hope that we can get containers in-game! I honestly want to start the game without a fully decorated house, I plan to bring back trophies from my adventures and rare finds in the marketplace.

Though my furniture I may be looking for a master craftsman :)

12. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

a chest or 2 is hardly a "fully decorated house"

13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Chests, and barrels of property. Nobody can break 'em by clicking on them. ;)

14. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

15. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I'm assuming the chest wouldn't look like the chests in game, but would have some sort of special design instead. That might make it worth buying.

Khloec and Lord Baldrith like this.
  16. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Mirror image?

17. Drocis the Devious

The mirror image spell (a spell that involves creating multiple illusionary images of the caster) would be a good example of a counter.

Also the Reflect spell (a spell that "reflects" what's been used as an attack back on the original caster).

These are general all purpose spells though that would require additional balance to keep them from being over powered. A specific use spell, let's call it Proactive Fireball Immunity, would only work against fireball. This would be an example of a counter that was more balanced, imo.

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think it's cool they are bringing in PVP interactions to the game at this point, however, I hope they don't use it to balance how the rest of the world will work. The thought of everyone wearing the same gear of the same level sounds incredibly boring. Sure, it makes pvp balanced but it makes fora rather dry rpg.

Lord Baldrith and Noctiflora like this.
  19. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

This is a really good idea but not for this combat system. Counter abilities would have to be more specialized, due to the random draw nature of the game. Counterspell, counter (melee), and "catch arrows" or something similar would be all you'd need.

20. Drocis the Devious

It's my understanding that the "deck system" current design allows players to "lock" some spells and skills into place on your tool bar. The draw back to this is that it takes up a slot and it can't be changed out on the fly.

So you could, I think, have counters taking up "locked" slots on your tool bar that would proactively defend against specific things. The counters could have their own cool downs, it's really a way to keep the initiative of battle a little less in favor of who attacks first always wins.

Khloec, Mishri and tekkamansoul like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.