1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Darkstarr's Release 7 Impressions (+ Revised R8)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

From what I understand, they're bringing it in earlier to balance all combat, which includes PvE combat. Beyond that, you never know.

Time Lord, Duke NRaas and Arianna like this.
  2. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

*Looks around* Hey... Psst... Over here... >>Master Craftsman<<

3. Sharabdin

Sharabdin Avatar

I believe and support those people who believe that the best idea was to leave pvp as in 1988, when you could get killed and all that that was the killed in the bag, it gave a taste of the game, when you're in stealth mode, expecting the player to turn back on you, or vice-versa when getting back to the wall so that someone could kill you in the back and those who constantly detective in stealth, all the sweetness in this game (sorry writing via google translator may be errors in spelling)

4. Sharabdin

Sharabdin Avatar

I want to say that many have left the world Ultima Online after getting all the trophies removed from dead enemy. as many expect from SOTA same from that good old Ultima Online and want to see everything for what we love very Ultima.

5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

6. Biglovins

Biglovins Avatar

Great Update! To bad I won't be around to try this one. Darn summer vacations! :(

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Master Kush

Master Kush Avatar

Well well... Now is the time for me to jump into this.
    I was full of bear caring things... LETS ROCK!

See you all (being smashed by my hammer)!
    Sir Zachary IpkeeZ

8. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Speaking of things that are both decorative and useful... since there will be a specific limit to the number of visible items in one's house, how about a peculiar and singularly amusing house pet:

A tamed Mimic, that will wander about a particular area within the house, acting like a chest that thinks it is a Newfoundland puppy, that one can 'open' like a normal chest, but everything that is placed within the Mimic's UI window is actually tossed at (and destroyed by) it like one would toss a treat to a happy dog once the window is closed.

Just an idea that came to mind...

9. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

Hey

I really hope this will see the day thou think it was one of the best aspects of ultima online, after AOS you didnt lose much when dieing but just being ghost when dieing having to run far to find a rez made NOT wanna die by any costs kind of, yea I loved that.
    Anyway I think you should just keep many aspects of the original UO.

Else I wanted to thank Richard Garriot and all the producers and workers of this project I was already totally amazed just hearing there would be a new Lord British game from the Ultima series now seeing all the efforts made all the amazing screenshots posted and the VODs which I really enjoy watching, all that makes madly impatient but take your time guys I feel like its going to require a lot of it.
    But yeah thx for this game I wish you realise your goals for your producers and for us gamers

ANYWAY I cant wait anymore Im lierally going nuts :p

Time Lord and crossbowsoda like this.
  10. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

I wanted to share some ideas since I really really enjoyed Ultima including U7, Pagan, Ascension and most of all Ultima Online.

I really hope open world pvp will be like in the original UO no Trammel plz! NPC Towns should be kept safe with guards like in the original as for Player Houses Im not sure It could bring a lot of fun being able to raid them as It could spoil it for the really poeaceful players maybe enable to buy srtong guards (not as strong as Npc town guards), so with enough money Players which dont want to pvp can just buy tons of guards or/and help their tamed Pets (Tamed Dragon OH YEAAAAH) defend. The Option to only play with friends helps there thou If youre afraid of open world pvp u can just hang with your friends and do your stuff, that would be great. Player Town pvp would be amazing, designing your houses only to pvp oh yeaah!!

I have no idea how skills are going to look like but I hope theres the variety UO has, with inscription, poisoning, archery, taming, peacemaking/provocation/discordance, etc etc all that nice stuff we LOVED about UO.
    Also I hope to hear spells fizzle by failing t cast them or getting interrupted escape paralize with trapped pouches, all those little details UO had wich in todays Games I restricted by using cooldowns only that is so boring... Yes I really hope all that stuff comes back all the little craftable neatos like smoke bombs etc

Another concern I have are Ganks I hope like in UO its possible with good running skills to just run away from lots of gankers, theyll most likely catch you depending on their numbers but as long as a slight chance to run away remains I think that would be very positive, again just like in old UO ^^. On th other hand gankers should have tools to root/dismount but like in UO again those should require good timing to not make it too easy to gank a poor hunter or miner.

Will there be mounted combat like in UO? That was one of the best things, although you should have Combat advantages (hit chance, Dodge/Parry chance) when dismounted.

I really really hope like in the original UO (pre AOS), that there will be a bounty system again! I still remember when I started UO watching those bounty leader boards and oncelike the top2 of em chased after me I managed to hide and sneak inside a house they were standing close to search for me I was shitting my pants holding my breath and they finally gave up searching that was such a feeling of success when I hit that recall hotkey ^^
    Best thing about Open world pvp was blues guarding noob hunting gounds from other reds as well.

thats all I got for now but yea always great memories just hunting being afraid reds would show up but feeling secure with many strong blues around to defend us, later the great faction fights and the champ spawn raids, combined with nearly unlimited roleplay options(be a merchant, a smith, an adventurer, an assassin etc etc etc etc.......) makes Ultima Online still the best MMO out on the market OH I forgot cutting up a red to claim his head and bring it to a guard or just keep it as a collection HELL YEAH!

While I respect your creativity I really hope to see all those aspects in SOTA ^^

Again thx for all the work your guys are just amazing and thx again to Lord British for giving us the great Ultima Series NOONE has managed to create an equally good game yet YES Ultima7 to me is still unbeaten! Me being a Grand Theft Auto fan those guys managed to do great games but in my heart Ultima will always remain number one!

Hope u can keep up the amazing work wish u guys the best so u can focus on making SOTA happen ^^

Also Big Up to the comunity for sharing great ideas

11. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

I hink its exactly what made the game so good with everyone having almost the same gear you either had to be skilled or bring some friends or your dragon or use very sneaky tactics. I think getting an advantage in pvp jus by farming all day is as boring as things could be

12. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

nooooo back to gaming like ir originally was find your way and remember it ^^
    well a minimap would be nice thou in such a huge world but no markers plz

Time Lord and crossbowsoda like this.
  13. Hexus

Hexus Avatar

Agreed, the reason games like UO have had such a religious following is because of a few factors:
    1) PVP w/ loot option - to give the player the fear (exhilarating excitement) of dieing and losing their goodies
    2) Few items so the loss isn't too great, but just enough to make the "silver vanq slayer" all that much helpful during PVE or PVP
    3) Housing to store all those shiney treasures and magical items like a crazed squirrel who better watch / lock their front door! *i ban thee @$$*
    4) Hiding, Stealth and Stealing for all those lonely nights at Brit bank and when you're feeling a bit on your bad side :mad: - Or of course the classic house break-in
    5) LAST BUT NOT LEAST - SKILL BASED!! To allow the individual to custom make their character and not cookie cut individuals into "classes". This is CORE.

These 5 pieces must live on!

GREAT JOB EVERYONE AT Shroud of the Avatar!! You guys are doing an amazing job :)

14. ClaudelGFX

ClaudelGFX Avatar

it would be nice if the offline mode would work >.>

15. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

Totally agree. My inpatience also grows and grows. Even if there would nothing exist to do yet, this really would be awesome! Maybe I play some ultima forever to kill the waiting time :)

16. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

cant wait either lol I started playing UO again :p

Frank Bach, Time Lord and kronides like this.
  17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'm going to like the Open PvP mode. Then we can attack people across the world who have a PvP flag. Then it isn't just combat zones. People flock to combat zones, but you might encounter individuals more often with Open World PvP. I like having only one or two opponents from time to time. We can't always have a party with us.

18. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Meh... Why does every PKer assume that because I do not agree with them, I am opposed to PvP? *puzzled*

Ned888 likes this.
  19. psychlo

psychlo Avatar

this is not the case i simply think that i am more special there for I will be the one! I am no bodys field hand...

20. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I've had to do some cleaning in this thread. If your post was removed in the sweep but you were not issued a warning, consider this your notification of moderation. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.