Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Disappointed in land rush

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Oyjord Hansen, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I suppose knowing where and how to look helps. :)

Sean Silverfoot (PAX) likes this.
  2. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

Also if you hit the "p" key the sign/rock will shoot a light up to show unclaimed lots.

3. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Thanks, Bowen.

So, Hoylegu - the offer still stands. PM me your avatar name and you will have free reign of my house until you get your own.

Phenom Ill Il IlI l likes this.
  4. Phenom Ill Il IlI l

Phenom Ill Il IlI l Avatar

From the City in the sky and house of Legend's
    Same here for anyone else that want's to mess around with mine.

5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I wonder how this will play out when the game officially launches. Will people spread out immediately after arriving in New Britannia? Rushing towards every town and city on the map to claim their land without paying attention to the story and everything that sets up the background of the game?
    Will this even be possible? I mean can a level 1 player rush across the whole continent, hoping to survive in order to reach a city at the other end of the continent? What if he sees some siege or other story-related event on the way? Will he ignore it, missing some part of the story just so that he can claim his land?

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Took a while to find a plot as well but finally found one in Northshire, the town few people see because it's behind the northern mountains north of Owl's Head. Don't know if there are any left. I wasn't able to get a plot last release, it isn't a big deal in these early stages.

7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

That will happen.
    All with Lot Deeds will rush to a bank and rush to get land as number 1 priority.

My first minutes of gaming experience release 14:

I did feel bad ignoring the starting story.
    But i also wanted to be sure to claim my land before it is gone.

I am in germany. I was aware that i will be home from work and the release will be open already for some hours.
    It was a stressful, non fun experience.
    Logged in, took the basic character settings in a rush.
    I did feel like the loading time took ages.
    I basically did break out of solace bridge, jumping into the water. Pressing escape at every npc trying to pull me into a conversation.
    I even ignored LB and the Developers welcome in Breamar rushing for that bank npc. Totally overwhelmed about what deed is the Lot Deed.
    Owls Head was gone down to 0 just like that.
    I forgot in my hurry to take a lot deed with me. Had only house deeds i noticed.

If you are in a hurry the run over the overland map did feel like hell.
    I cursed at every random encounter.

At the end i rushed around hitting P,P,P.
    Cursing that town lot beaming lights did not have a different color then village lots.
    And was lucky to get a town lot at bravecoast to still have enough time to make dinner.
    Before dinner Bravecoast still had plenty of town lots, after i logged in all was gone.

But do i want this experience at release.
    To be honest. I have a Nightmare thinking of that landrush day.
    I think we should have our Lots resolved before we start the game.
    To have time to experience the story.
    But it will be the other way - Rush with character and get a Lot - Claim Lot - Delete Character and start in peace with the story.

I probably will go for a village lot even if i could have a town lot.
    I will first grab a village lot , as these are easier to get at good spots and then search for a town lot.

This is a recommendation for the tru landrush at release:
    Create 24 hour time slots, not 10 hour per pledge levels.

Why: we sleep, work and are on planet that turns around itself in 24 hours.

24 hours creates the fairest opportunity for all of us to have enough time. No matter where we are and most important when we are on earth.

Any other lower time slot feels bad.
    Some will argue that the game is created in U.S.A - so bad luck.
    But hey , your customers are Global.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Port has already noted in, I believe the Deep Dive, that there will be housing in game that will be unreachable until the storyline hits that area.

Myrcello likes this.
  9. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

I have to say I was suprised how quick the land got nabbed and how quick people were able to get online?

Something was amiss for me as the server message on the website (which I monitored whilst waiting for my 100kb/s download) didnt go online for about 45 mins after the launch. I also suspect the Steam client was MUCH faster to download than the normal client which was terribly slow and put me out of the land rush.

10. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

This is the first time I've had a lot. I think we should all just relax and just remember that the game is in testing stages and PRE-ALPHA.

Also, remember the 7 day inactivity period means lots get freed up. So even if you don't have one now, some people might log in, do the grand tour, and not log in for another month. That means those lots will open up.

Let's be patient.

11. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

I got 3 hours sleep last night battling the landrush. It was awsome! reminded me of another familiar game back in the day when they opened a server up in Australia for the first time.

FYI - for those who missed out on their dream lots for R14. In R13 I managed to grind and own with one account 4 different village lots, 3 row lots, a town lot and a castle lot in Port Mirem. Lost all of them due to bugs, mistakes and or inactivity. So keep trying!

Myrcello likes this.
  12. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I remember before this game went on Steam that I had to get in on the Early Dev.+ schedule which usually occurred 2 days before official release in order to claim a Town lot for my Lord Marshall mansion or the Town Water lot for my houseboat. This time I did not get one because I couldn't log on yet. If I ever get both lots and you don't have one, look me up and I will let you use it during the release.

E n v y likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Many thanks for the kind offer but no worries. I got a lot in R12 so I had plenty of time to play with it. Right now it'd just be a nice convenience. :) Plus you're looking at a new town owner (as soon as my request is fully processed).. so when those go in I won't need to hurry. :D

majoria70 likes this.
  14. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

I don't understand your objection regarding the time zone. US Central time was 10:30 a.m. for the release launch, so US customers were even unluckier than you regarding being at work when R14 went live.

15. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

You combined my quote to create a different meaning.

The first part i only did talk about my experience for this release.
    And i feel sorry for the US that had been even more unlucky then me. I was 2 hours late for the official start. So all you US must have had no chance for getting a town lot.

The second part is a recommendation for the still far away "Release Land Rush" to have not 10 hours, but 24 hours time slots per pledge level.
    Just suggesting a fair solution.

Sir Cabirus and Duke Olahorand like this.
  16. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

Ah, thanks, now I understand what you meant :)

17. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I noticed a lot of houses in remote areas too , you just had to look a little harder. I think the real problem here is the fact that someone could play for less than 8 hours and have half the amount needed to buy a lot! Man I hope this is scaled way back just to let people get their testing on. If you can buy a place to live in game in essentially one day, that's crazy in my opinion and devalues the expensive pledges by more than a tad.

18. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Btw. I am sure once Adoris is reachable more easy on the mainland it will become much more desirable place.

Due to the loading, kingsport, loading and being not reachable and visible spot on the overland map it feels disconnected.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

19. Lordy2

Lordy2 Avatar

Rune 74 holds the truth....it's too hard to find a plot even for ppl with Town or higher plots...

Lordy aka Lord Marshall Vulcano

20. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

land shortage = lame

Willowhawk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.