1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Thanks for poitnng that out . I do not often look a the old plans because they are fluid, but that helps assuage fears I suspect if folks look at that and again t hey are not subject to change

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i wonder about the boat from aerie to elysium. it doesn't make sense given all the pilgrims to artifice that have built up in etceter.

3. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

Ack yes there is and what I actually thinking of (seems I was not thinking) was to get to the Soltown area without the run. I liked the porter that was there originally. :confused:

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Good question Lace. The current routes we think are final but its a good reminder that we need to audit them to make sure. Stay tuned.

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Would it be possible to ensure no ferry fees are introduced until AFTER primary lot selection?

6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

idea for chapter 2 or beyond. an uber-like door to door service, for direct transportation from town crier to town crier.. one that costs enough gold and/or crafted items to not be useful every time you wish to travel, but works great if you decide to change hometowns to another continent.
    to be clear, to move your stuff, you have to have it in your inventory, regardless of how overburdened you are - it'll just cost more, depending on how much overburdened you are, over your max.

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

This is what the magic movers is intended for.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

ah, but i was speaking of the insides of your bank account, not what is placed in your home already. :)

9. elorebaen

elorebaen Avatar

I'm excited!

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

@DarkStarr - Can we expect to see deadlines and guide-lines on support requests as we approach (and move past) the final-wipe?

Some starting questions:

1. How long in advance would we need to put in a request to move a pledge if buying or selling a pledge.
    2.a. How long in advance of final-wipe to upgrade a pledge to a higher placement tier - ie. the 2300$ for Lord Marshall?
    2.b. Suggestion regarding above - adding in some upgrade tiers might be a good idea in advance of the telethon so people who feel the impulse can upgrade (ie.
    Lord Marshal @2300, Duke@6000, etc.).
    3.a. After final-wipe can a pledge be moved from one account to another if they have a) not logged into the game yet b) logged into the game but not claimed bank rewards c) logged into the game and claimed bank rewards?
    3.b Can the game access/items/properties etc. all be removed from one person's account and hooked to another forum account after paying a fee?
    4.Can a town governership/name/location be changed after final-wipe?

5. Anything else you can think of that may be useful for an avatar to know after we hit persistence :)

Edit - @Berek too

Edit2 - Thanks! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...transfers-before-and-during-final-wipe.54468/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  11. Azur

Azur Avatar

Given that the rewards will be persistent once claimed after wipe are there are restrictions rules or constraints people need to be aware of. For example selling or trading items in game seems reasonably straight-forwards but what about for real world money etc. So far this has been pledges and gifting stuff from the account page that had not yet been redeemed, after persistence we'll presumably see people wanting to sell things that have been claimed in game.

Solaris Aeternum likes this.
  12. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

For the Add-on lots portion of lot selection, is there any restriction on who can claim those lots? For example, if I were to sell my secondary lot prior to Group 91, would another player be allowed to place it?

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Deeds are to be locked to accounts and not tradable for the duration of Sprint 32.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr, @dallas;

Is it your intention, or would it be possible to at the end of the Land Rush publish statistics on the results? What lots were claimed where, inclusive of all town types, possibly (At least for PRTs and NPC Towns) with measures of maximum occupancy?

I think seeing the results of the land rush would be Highly interesting, especially after the years of prognostication we've had concerning the event.

15. Azur

Azur Avatar

I'd love to see this too. In my view this will be the best insight into the interest the game still holds amongst the backers (well at least the deed holding ones).

16. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

You won't be able to trade deeds between players during Release 32.

However you could always just claim a plot yourself using that extra deed in Group 91 to reserve a location for that person, then trade it to them in Release 33. They could keep the location or relocate as they choose.

17. Elay

Elay Avatar

Does anyone know if there was an updated version of the numbers of pledges in each category since the original post was made?

It would be very interesting to see the numbers in each category so we know what we're up against!

18. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Elay likes this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I went based on austin time, server time was 2 minutes faster and the lots were claimed :/

Leelu likes this.
  20. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Oh nooooooooooo Im so sorry that is horrible

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.