1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

First Quarter 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Is that really possible to do now? I wasn't even aware of that Spoon, that is so cool. Especially once stealth type skills get introduced which will make it even more legit for thief type players.

TheMadHermit and Koldar like this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It is in fact. Go the Owl's Head sewers, search for hidden walls and really explore. You'll find the underground of the whole Vale is secretly linked.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes it is.
    I love RPG spelunking so for some of the locations like Dragons Cave I didn't even know you could reach them from the surface.
    Until in R13 the grand tour took me to the SW corner...
    Add me in game and I could give you a quick lesson in how to spot secret doors.

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Done! I've gotten pretty decent at finding them (thanks to The Mad Hermit's videos), but that is absolutely amazing that it links all the way between the two. I'd love it if you could show me. Feel free to add me as well Cordelayne Valkaris. :D

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I need to get back into the game and do some exploring. I've spent far too little time in R13.

6. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Indeed it is. Myrcello and I spent a few hours a couple releases back and explored the hidden passages that connect the underground network trying to learn how various points connect. Very cool!

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I was doing daily tours of the underground secrets but that blind bug slowed me down a bit this release.

TheMadHermit, Cordelayne and Tahru like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You are not completely blind though.
    One can still chat and highlight enemies. Which is all you need for some silly fun.
    -where is he?
    - on your left, no the other left.
    That's a wall
    Behind the wall
    Etc
    Hilarious for about 5 m before the first ghost arrives.

Tahru, Cordelayne and Themo Lock like this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol those ghosts are killer!

Lord Lonn, Tahru, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  10. danz409

danz409 Avatar

so i'm kind of new to the SotA sean. what does episode 1 mean? is there going to be expansion packs later? it just feels very incomplete for a ultima game to NOT have mounts and considering how big its planned to be.. yikes... i would expect the most basic of mounts at least. maybe horse and some sort of rideable bird. hopefully they deliver ^^:

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome danz409. yes there are a total of 5 thus Ep1-EP5. Each adding more content, features, and land mass. And you are very correct the game is not complete at all. It is still in development. Happy you joined us to help test and give feedback. That will help very much at this point in development. :)

Zelek Uther likes this.
  12. danz409

danz409 Avatar

so is each episode going to cost more to obtain? basically being a TRUE expansion pack, right down to expanding the size of the continent and content, sounds exciting and condiering its free to play presumably. im down with buying an expansion pack once every 6 months or so! :D

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

danz some pledges include them all. I just refreshed my memory on the home page. So the $90 pledge gives you ep 2&3 also and the $140 gives you all episodes. So you have time to check it all out, not sure what you did or can do, just giving some facts. Feel free anytime to ask any questions you can even pm me if you'd like. I'd be happy to answer anything I can or try to refer you. I've been here since 11/2013.:)

Zelek Uther and Tahru like this.
  14. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

You have reminded me that I should donate to the pack animal stretch goal. For now I suggest that you use the /home command to pick up your goods from your house and then /zone back. If you have no house use the /bank command to pick up your extra goods from the 3 local banks that will be in release 14 to hold your extra stuf. You probably already know this and it is a nuisance but we are still alpha. At least encumbrance will get rid of slugs. We like a challenge and SOTA is always obliging!

Zelek Uther, Tahru and enderandrew like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

People already hate the load screens in this game. Forcing extra load screens to constantly go /home a few times mid-dungeon run is only going to make that worse. And I don't think you can /zone back unless you're doing the run with another player and have someone to /zone back to.

Zelek Uther, Heradite and Tahru like this.
  16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Each of the 5 episodes will be full complete games with storyline elements. The persistent world will remain the same though, except that each episode will double the size of the world.

They have said in the past that they will add mounts in episode 2 at the latest. While mounts are cool to have they are working on a tight budget, and mounts are a lot of work considering they are still building the basic features of this game.

When episode 2 is being developed, they won't have to build the basic game components from scratch again because there will already be a persistent world. They can focus on adding new features like mounts, wagons, new skills, or whatever.

Bodhbh Dearg and Tahru like this.
  17. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

Such an epic release. I'm growing more and more excited to begin grinding :)

Tahru likes this.
  18. Baer

Baer Avatar

Aaaaaarrrrg, I am so disappointed. I was at CES covering it for some of the magazines I write for (not gaming mags) and I did not realize that S of the A would be there. That is what I get for not reading everything carefully.

19. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I'm pacing myself, I have ruined many a game for myself by over playing a Alpha or Beta. Right now I come in for a day or two, complete the grand tour, test the new skills, and play with some crafting. Once thats done a take a break and wait for the next release.

20. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I cannot pace myself.. i have zero self control in this area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.