Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Flagged PVP - Ganked by PVE-ers!

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Fister Magee, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

PvP Dread Lord @Chris Honor Us With Your Presence.

2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Putting the whole Trammie view points on one side.......... I would suggest the following:

- Enabling/Disabling PvP from the Oracle should have a cooldown of 24 hours.
    - A non-PvP player flagging against a PvP player in a non-PvP area should have a PvP cooldown of 4 hours.
    - The Oracle disapproves of a non-PvPers attacking PvPers in non-PvP zones and as a result they can lose an additional item if they die.

reesian, charock, Oba Evesor and 4 others like this.
  3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Awesome !

4. uziraff

uziraff Avatar

I would agree with every part except the last.
    If they are already flagged for the next 4 hours you can just hunt them.

Fister Magee and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  5. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Exactly........... I enjoy a good hunt.

6. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Still, 2 year old information.. this has surely changed a lot...? It is fun to read though!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Abydos, CrazyPhil and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  8. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Any non pvp that attacks me Should be on my Portalarium coded Sh** List until I choose to retaliate. I will settle for the dishonorably Hue of Gray for such avatars ....... Thank you ...

9. smack

smack Avatar

What's the point of the cooldown for adding/removing the Oracle's protection? Or is this 24 hour timer in affect for only specific situations?

I think the 4 hour cooldown for temp flagging sounds reasonable, as a start. I'd consider even scaling this cooldown for continued infractions up to the point where it becomes permanent since clearly with your continued infractions you'd rather be in Open PvP. To remove, go see the Oracle.

I don't see the need for any additional loot penalty once you've been flagged.

Also, we really need to talk how temp flagging works with parties, be it on the attacking or defending side, how the flag works when joining a party where either you or the party leader is temp-flagged, etc. Lots of unanswered questions there.

10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i do not think there should be an extra penalty for dying in this scenario but yes, a penalty the exactd same there is for pvp deaths when both parties are 'signed up' for pvp.

if someone is not pvp, and attacks a pvp'er (if they don't have a price on their heads, via in game justice system), they should be flagged pvp until they go to the oracle and go 'my bad' - and at that time, the oracle does something in return for behaving badly... i'd recommend refusing to let them perform that action (ambushing pvp'ers) for a period of time that is fairly long, so they have to weigh the cost return benefits of picking a target that way..

i'd also like to have the devs consider a way that the community could police itself that way too..hm...yeah, the justice system.

ok, so back to the "if they don't have a price on their heads, via the justice system" thing - if they DO have a price on their heads via that system, i don't think anyone who attacks them should be forced to go pvp, but they should still be forced to accept pvp-death-rules if they don't kill the offender.

blaquerogue likes this.
  11. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Most people who decide they are PvPers will flag as PvP and stay PvP. In saying that by putting a 24h cooldown prevents some players from using the Oracle as an exploit to get around a 4h cooldown and additional loot penalty.

The 4h cooldown and the extra loot item if you die both act as a balance. In other words if you decide to be a sneaky bugger, don't flag as PvP in order to gain an advantage in attacking a PvPer then there is a consequence.

Flagging is really easy. If a non PvP player conducts a beneficial or negative act on a PvP player then they are flagged as PvP. There should be an option to block this kind of act in the settings to ensure it isn't done by accident.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I hope this subject will be addressed during the Google hangout session today.

13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

14. smack

smack Avatar

If there are repeated infractions by exploiting the Oracle, then the Oracle can just enforce the cooldown timer rather than re-enable protection. And that cooldown timer has a multiplier that goes up with repeated infractions.

And I thought you'll get a pop up to confirm that your action will flag you, otherwise you have an opportunity to cancel the action.

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I dont see any reason why a player would need to have less than a 24h cooldown.

KuBaTRiZeS, Abydos and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We had a response :D

[​IMG]

17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Can someone please put this on www.imgur.com and link it here? :)

I promise this goes viral. I need to read random comments from internet trolls about this.

18. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

19. smack

smack Avatar

It might be too punitive for a first-time infraction, but I'm not against longer cooldowns. Continued offenses should scale accordingly and may eventually even exceed 24 hours. I think that's fair. I just don't think it's appropriate for players that are playing by the rules and not attacking while unflagged to be subjected to a 24-hour cooldown for no reason. They already have to obey standard PvP cooldown timers before the Oracle will remove it.

But we can certainly make other suggestions. Perhaps an initial 4-hour cooldown, along with a 24-hour probationary period -- both of which include a multiplier which increases with continued infractions based on some logic. The repeat offender is very likely going to have a cooldown and probationary period well beyond 24 hours.

Fister Magee, KuBaTRiZeS and Abydos like this.
  20. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

this post made me think of a couple things.

i'd like to see some visual occur in the direction of the oracle shrine, when someone flags pvp, if i'm in the other side of the scene, i should get visual and audio signal that someone just flagged.. if i were to be a pvp hunter, i'd like that option.

also, if someone tries to de-flag, and the oracle says 'no, not yet' then everyone in the scene, and maybe even adjoining scenes that are flagged pvp, should be notified somehow. *grin*

Fister Magee and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.