Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Flagged PVP - Ganked by PVE-ers!

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Fister Magee, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

At 1:02:15

smack likes this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

So...

Non-PvP joining PvP Party:
    - You're not PvP.
    - You join a PvP party.
    - After some "waiting period" then you become PvP.
    - Once you leave the party, after 2 minutes, your original status is restored.

PvP joining non-PvP Party:
    - You're PvP.
    - You join a non-PvP party.
    - After some "waiting period" then you become non-PvP.
    - Once you leave the party, after 2 minutes, your original status is restored.

On either scenario: What is this "waiting period"? It was said that either a party is all PvP or all non-PvP. If it is a non-zero waiting period, then it is a mixed party...which conflicts with the statement that either a party is all PvP or all non-PvP.

On the PvP joining non-PvP party: is that a loophole to unflag? If the "quick fix" is to leave them flagged for 24 hours, is this "waiting period" to become non-PvP lesser than, equal to, or greater than, 24 hours?

Also, if you no longer can temp flag as an individual but must join a party that is already Open PvP, that means the cooldown is effectively 2 minutes? That is, you're not PvP, you join a PvP party, gank someone, leave the party, and 2 minutes later, you're no longer flagged.

Did I interpret that correctly? Or am I missing something?

KuBaTRiZeS and Abydos like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

smack, I agree that @Chris's explanation was a little ambiguous. I *think* he was trying to say that the waiting period would keep people from joining or leaving a group for up to 2 minutes.

So for example, if you're in a PVE group or you're forming a new group and you're flagged PVE: anyone that is flagged PVP will have to wait 2 minutes before they join your group. In my mind that means there's a timer that kicks in, shows up in the upper left hand corner like all the other UI and it counts down. Meanwhile you're still flagged pvp and someone can attack you. I would also assume that if you get attacked during that 2 minute window the clock resets, but he didn't say that.

I love the new direction, I think this is what they planned to do before we got off track with this blue healer stuff and we can count the "experiment" as failed and move on.

Fister Magee and Abydos like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

Ah, ok got it. So you have a waiting period before you can join. That makes more sense. But still, that's a 2 minute cooldown in either direction? Folks here were asking for 24 hours!

I'm still not entirely sold on requiring being in a group to be temp flagged, but it was good to hear how that logic worked for parties, despite that short cooldown. But I want to see this enabled for the lone player, to entice him to attack the other lone PvP player, and then become temp flagged for doing so. If he has to wait for his Open PvP buddy to show up to form a gank squad (and wait 2 minutes to form the party...), that kinda ruins the spontaneity and thrill of unprovoked attacks :)

Cordelayne and Abydos like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's the entire problem with the current system though. Sure, people don't like to wait, but do you know what people really don't like? When the only fights they can find are people making attacks of opportunity against people that can't possibly win.

The lone player needs to grow a pair and flag open pvp or wait for 2 minutes before they get into a fight. We can't have people walking into Owl's Head unflagged, finding someone that is flagged and straight up jumping them. Sun Tzu would say every battle is won before it's fought. We'll that's true, but this is a video game and after you lose a few of those it makes being a lone PK near impossible.

6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

That's why I wanted the Oracle to handle it. The more unflagged players attack pvp flagged players, the less likely the Oracle is going to protect them.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    argyle, Abydos and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  7. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

This idea needs to be augmented with the rolling 24 hour idea. In my opinion.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  8. Carebear 180

Carebear 180 Avatar

All Zones should be PVP enabled, the Matter is Are you flagged or are you not flagged, all you PVEers can run around Non Flagged for years and play that way and all you PVPers can run around Flagged, Its very simple. and if Some players decide that they all of a sudden want to jump a Flagged Player for the thrill of the kill, to capture a quick screen shot or something, then great that's awesome, they are now flagged for a set amount of time, it should not matter what zone they run to were they hide, THERE FLAGGED, it was there choice now the situation can repeat its self, Its Called KARMA.

The Point is if your flagged your flagged yes maybe in the city your safe and the guards will protect you , but that's another topic, the point is once your flagged you should not be able to just run out of the zone and un flag, you should stay flaged for a set period of time, maybe not 10 hours, but 15 minuets or so.

GraveDncer, Fister Magee and Abydos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.