Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Flagged PVP - Ganked by PVE-ers!

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Fister Magee, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Not a bad idea, but I'm against anything that splits the community even more.

smack and Fister Magee like this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

....... So a PvPer can log onto "Open PvP Online" and only see other PvPers who have logged onto that mode. There is not an increase of players, you either want to PvP or you don't.

Or you can just visit the Oracle and flag PvP, start guild wars etc etc etc in standard online.......you would see just as many PvPers, have the opportunity to involve non-PvPers.....and most importantly spend time with your friends whether they are RP, PvP or PvM.

Someone please explain to me why having a separate mode for PvP is a good idea.......i'm obviously missing something.

Moonshadow likes this.
  3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Been thinking about it for a while and i actually forgot why i thought it was a bad idea. If i can choose to play with my friends, i may as well choose to play with my enemies :D

I won't take the PVP flag away though... Some people may want the whole mixed experience, and there's no reason to limit it. Also at the risk of being unpopular i'll use this post to bring it back to the main topic and say that i support PVErs being able to hit first *ducks* I just think it lacks the appropiate supportive elements, like active guards that protect people attacked in towns (whether it's PVE hitting PVP or PVP hitting PVP), an appropiate amount of flagging for PVE attackers (requiring to go at the oracle to unflag for example) and a system that tracks how many "first hits" you gave and the conditions of them so maybe unflag is not that easy for you that time.

Now if you gentlemen excuse me... i'll be hiding in that trench.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Quality over quantity :)

There is no need for a justification, besides its a mode you would only play when you feel like it, so it would not "split the community" most events and bigger guild wars and arena pvp would still occur in an organised fashion.

You would have a separate character, advancement needs to be slowed down 4x, separate economy with much scarcer gold and ressources etc...

Siege perilous...

cariac likes this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Think you will find a very empty world there.

GraveDncer likes this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

A bit like single player online is an empty world with regards to PvP.

Phydra and GraveDncer like this.
  7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Ganked & Griefed by PVE-ers!

PvE-ers can will deliberately irritates and harasses PvP players within the game, using unfair aspects of the game

I can but YOU CANTTTTT !!!

Moonshadow likes this.
  8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Jeez what does it matter? your a PvPer get over it.

You want PvP, you got PvP, just butt hurt because it came from a player who wasn't flagged at the time.

Given the ruleset is known the answer is simple, when you go to buy things from an NPC you do so when it's quiet or when in a group......you know just like you would do if everywhere was PvP!

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

if =/ then... same disguised bullying,..

10. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

You're wrong @E n v y !

With this stupid rule, a player or party can using unfair aspects of the game and be particular nuisance for PvP development whitout penalties .

Like you said bud,

''You want PvP'' ------------------) Turn On the PvP Flag with the Oracle like everyone.

''You got PvP'' -------------------) Not really, this stupid rule is detrimental to PvP development, it's easy to see.

Why harm the pvp players like this ?

Its annoying !!!

-Abydos

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sorry.....I'm not.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

If you turn the PvP flag on, you should act as if the whole world is PvP enabled. Why? because it is. The only limiting factor is that you can't start a fight with a non-flagged player unless they start it first.

Would a PvP player still cry about getting attacked whilst buying items from a shop if the entire world as PvP?

All I can say is:

"Tram that way you noobs" -------------------> http://www.uoguide.com/Trammel

13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Im going to say this again, all this talk of PVP and I don't think I have seen maybe 1/10 of you flagged.. EVER! Lets just put the words down, swords up and get it on...

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Run 3 PvP towns one of which is my guild town. Quite often go to shard falls (certainly in the past anyway). Game hasn't started yet.

Used to do lots of PvP but haven't really bothered with it for a while due to lack of time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbk4ysdkXKRpqhMa9we5Dg/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd

KuBaTRiZeS and Fister Magee like this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I suppose in many ways the current flag system is a bit like being red in UO. You can go to a town but you cant attack (well you can but you get guard wacked) .....but anyone can attack you and flag you.

If you were used to being red in UO the current mechanism shouldn't worry you.....................if you were a trammy blubie.......what can I say.....

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ahem... if you were red in UO, you couldn't enter towns that had guards, you were insta killed by the guards as soon an one person or npc called them.

I used to be a red, and the current mechanism worries me to no end. It's like a hidden vengeance upon those who like pvp but still want to play their virtuous role.

I might be flagged, but I wouldn't attack innocents or provoke people in the back or even anything close to this, my role is royal knight, and although my title means nothing I'd like to think I can follow virtue and still pvp with some semblance of roleplaying sense.

Some people in UO used to get 30 stealing just to flag themselves to players so they would provoke pvp, it was called lure flagging. Reds often had blue healers who could flag themselves by looting a body and then once someone attacked them they could reply.

None of these situations resemble the royal knight who is crafting or buying reagents in a shop and get killed for no reason and if the person realises they are going to lose they can run out of the scene and have no consequence.

Now if people want to join guild wars or faction wars or organised pvp events its their thing, then yes they should have to keep on their toes at all times, but they know they joined this war.

The distinction should be clear between being flagged PvP and being a freely attackable criminal. Because there will be a big chunk of players who won't join with this ruleset where people who want to take revenge for their old UO grudge can join in teams of 5-10 players and instantly kill any pvp flagged player they encounter.

If we're not going to change the rule, at least limit the number of people who can attack you. Griefing is never fun... we all should agree.

17. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Good To know, i'll spend a good portion of my time tonight looking for you. Nice videos btw, good flow of pve content, couldn't help but notice you weren't flagged in any of the 3 I picked to watch.. Either flag or get off the porch..

KuBaTRiZeS and Fister Magee like this.
  18. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

@E n v y Let's get this clear.

I am definitely for a Open PvP Server with hard ans savage PvP + Full Loot !

But the question is not to know who is the best ?
    Who is THE tough guy on New Britannia ?
    Who are Tram/Fel players.
    We &?$& dont care !

We all want a strong PvP community.

PvP must not only be done for Super Hard Core ''I'm again the reste of the world bla bla bla'' players.

In the direction, we will having only a few players whit the PvP flag and get few PvP.

We want PvP, not to play hide and seek children game with griefers.

Peace !

-Abydos

It's boring

And why we dont get feedback by devs on this ???

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe they don't PVP and rely on a few opinions to make their decisions? Not sure really.. just my guess :p

It is good that we have a nice selection of opinions and suggestions though, I guess it's all we can do.

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.