Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game imbalance is not incentive

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Umuri, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Very well said, @Koldar .... I agree completely. ;)

Vaiden Luro, Mykll, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

From what u mention of all the disadvantages of being in mmo and being in pvp.....don't you think there should be some incentive to reflect the suffering?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Why do you craft? Because at the end of all that crafting when you could be losing all the stuff you mention, you are actually GAINING some good items, either to sell or use....if not why does anyone craft?

And in that hour while someone is doing pvp, they are not doing pve, not gaining skills or any having real monetary gain, likely a loss, especially for me. They would then have to do 2 hrs of pve to keep up skills to someone who did pve for that hour, a 100% loss in skill gain in comparison .....the 25% extra XP will not cover people who do pvp and keep them relevant if they devote more than a quarter of their time to it, and for people who do this, that doesn't even come close to compensating them.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I never had any issues topping charts for pvp, pve and crafting all at once. Experiences do vary though.

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Granted, you think yourself exceptional. However in the real world, while people generally have jobs and other things to do, MOST people cant devote their entire life to a game and being number 1 in all facets of. Some things have to have more importance in a game for them and their time has to be split between all. As i mentioned in my other post by having this 25% xp bonus, for people who have to be in mmo mode with the already lack of resources due to competition, possibility of dieing while harvesting/pve, 'compensation' for when they do try and keep their skills relevant, is a needed incentive to encourage others participation.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Oh i live in the real world too, it smells. My time is split between a vast number of things. Perhaps you are just not as efficient with the game time that you do have as you think you are.

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

How much time do you put into the game per week/day? Just asking not trying to flame.

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Its hard to say really, allot of the time i am here is spent on Bug brigade and other out of game project that technically count as game time i guess. In game i manage guilds and towns but actual time to level is about 4 hours a day mid week usually.

9. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

fair enough. :)

10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Cant remember saying i was efficient... My game time is quite large mind, but i am more a passenger in the world, enjoying the view, the sunrise and sunset and not being overly concerned of min/maxing my time, than a driver of it in an efficient manner. This is about the majority of people, not the outliers like yourself. If 18+ hour days and crafting while you fight was needed to be competitive here, then you would generally be playing by yourself. Also it has been said numerous time here by the devs they try and cater for all sides, those with time to burn, and those with money to burn, all can use their advantage in either to keep up to a degree in the game, houses/land etc..... This encouragement, incentive offered by the devs i feel helps, is in the same vein and trying to alleviate the need to stay competitive with no skill cap and time devoted to pvp taking the place of pve.

Additionally, I'm not knocking your achievements here and your commitment to the game, all good in my book, but you have to realise not everyone can be a Themo Lock :)

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Not at all. I m not going to repeat what ive been spouting the same of for the last 5 post or so, but plz read my posts and see if the incentives offered by the devs don't seem a little less of an advantage for others as your initial thoughts suggest.

12. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I was just defending myself cos im tired, no foul. I am not a fan of the pvp exp bonus, but i am a fan of pvp so i guess we will see if this helps pvp without making the pve only crowd feel like they are getting jipped XD

Vaiden Luro, majoria70 and Bow Vale like this.
  13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Now...if u had already that 25% xp bonus, you could have 25% more sleep!

Mykll and Themo Lock like this.
  14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Believe me, I get it. The idea is to give more incentives for people to PVP. Well, I'm sure that will work for some people. I have zero interest in PVP and very little interest in MPO. That's not why I'm here. And while I understand that 25% more xp at level 80 only boosts you to level 82, what does that mean in terms of time? I play for 5-10 hours per week. How long would that take me to go from 80 to 82? How long does it take to go from 40 (my current level) to 80 with and without the xp bonuses? That is a huge difference. Receiving 25% less experience equates to 25% more time I have to spend grinding (and repairing) to catch up to a pvp-flagged player and that is a huge disincentive [for me]. But to each their own.

I do hope their experiment works - Spite is a lonely town and would benefit from a larger server population.

Gaelis and Bow Vale like this.
  15. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

But..if they doing PvP and not doing PvE then you would be gaining on them, even with their XP bonus.

I have seen your past posts about being behind the curve and your concerns. Feel free to add me in game if u like and i can try and help you advance a little maybe...I don't watch the sunrise/sunset ALL the time :)

Gaelis likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And xp incentives is not the answer of course anyway. Well to say it again ;)

Mykll, Chatele and Phoenix007 like this.
  17. Selene

Selene Avatar

And what about the people writing books or doing deco to create beautiful homes, shops, or public areas? Governors setting up and managing their towns? What about building mazes or creating player quests? Those are hours spent not grinding experience. So shouldn't that be rewarded with experience bonuses too?

Of course not. One would argue people do those things because they enjoy them... because it is in itself its own reward. If people don't feel that way about PvP then THAT is what needs to be fixed. A small exp bonus to compensate for playing in multiplayer for everyone? Sure.. because it is less resources and less mobs than friends or solo... but an experience bonus for pvp flagging isn't fixing what's wrong with pvp.

18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

There's no way I'm the only person that realizes that the devs are trying to create incentives to boost multiplayer participation and PVP - so they can work on fixing multiplayer and PVP. How on earth are they going to fix combat and netcode and looting and virtue and stats and balance and everything if no one is doing it? If they wanted to double XP gains for people in multiplayer - I'd be happy about that. That they're limiting the bonus to people that are PVP flagged tells me that they want to make a push toward polishing PVP mechanics.

This a good thing!

Once PVP is on par with gaming - more people will join the game - and once more people join the game - more people will buy land deeds and furniture and books and pet turkeys. There is so much hypocrisy in this thread it makes me want to throw up. All day long there are posts about trust the devs - the devs know what they're doing - I know it's (insert something) but just wait it'll get better. But now that the devs are making a push to incentivize PVP everyone's now suddenly convinced they know better than the devs.

Please, by all means... feel free to flag for PVP and early access test with the rest of us. :eek:

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Good points and yes I agree if people aren't willing to get together to test it then they can't fix it all. :)

Chatele likes this.
  20. Selene

Selene Avatar

And this would have been a great tactic to employ... before persistence. Unbalancing things to favor a playstyle to encourage people to play it so they can "fix it"? Too late for that tactic.

Open a pvp QA to everyone and make it full loot. I'd play it for funsies (since no matter what you do, it won't damage the persistent game).. I bet a lot of people would. They could get whatever metrics they need to "fix it" that way. Post a big leaderboard on the forums with everybody's scores. Top 5 players from the QA get special titles in game.

Vaiden Luro and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.