No Binding everywhere!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatele, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

difference with porting to friends on friends list is, You cannot all the time. Many times people are not where I want to go on the list, so, I run there, and it is so much easier and faster now. And my friends list is huge. They usually are all in UT or the rise etc :) . It is different from zapping everywhere, because you can't. I still see a lot of people on the overworld map now, with porting on the friends list, must be because you can't port where ever you want all the time, when ever you want, so using the overworld is a must, but will be less with porting everywhere., anytime you want.

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

A Bindung for ...
    Our owned home(s)
    Our home town
    Our favor lunar rift
    Our guild house
    Our favor harbor

Whatever is needed?
    If we don't want to have a kind of 'zap'map ;)
    May be a restricted friends list therefor? ;)

However:
    I asked before:
    Why should it be possible for everybody to teleport to every place of the continent without a kind of knowledge? (where is the lunar rift? Where can I get magic scrolls?)

Teleportation should be a skill. It should grow in success and radius with higher skills.

Without this skill runes/scrolls could be used as now. But the loot of such should be less..

Alchemist could have the possibility at higher skill to make a magic Atlas, restricted by an amount of Bindung points.

Would be great to learn scribing for recall/teleport runes (and low Tier scrolls). And there would be a market for that :)

All people understand, noone can use a sword without learning and raising a skill, but such a high magic thing like teleportation, well, won't need any effort?

3. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

maybe your friends list isn't big enough. I will literally sit on the map with the nearby players window open and friend everyone in it. I never need to go to the world map if I don't want to but I do on occasion. I have yet to come across a situation where I didn't have someone to teleport to so as far as I am concerned I DO zap everywhere I want to go so if they implement this new change, it will not really change much of how I play except I will teleport to a zone instead of my teleport beacons.. and someone earlier made a great point. YOU won't have to use the teleport option if you don't wish... by all means take the scenic route via the world map but stop trying to control how the rest of us play. this game is about options. bypass the siege or don't, bypass the control point or don't, and if this change goes into effect, teleport to a zone..... or don't. either way stop trying limit the options for the rest of us thereby forcing the rest of us to play how YOU want us to..... either way I am confident this change will happen and based on the comments it appears that the majority support it.. :) cheers

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

An interesting notion

Making maps and then marking a location on a map.

So go to a location and based on a skill you make a map and mark a location on that map and later when it is used it takes up a teleport scroll.

Hmm

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

No hard feelings. Believe me, I understand both arguments here, I just think the easy answer then is, remove teleporting on friends list to please those complaining about it, and only allow minimal teleportations to your houses, and guilds … and do not make the overworld map pointless. Or make horses pointless, or make boats pointless or make air balloons pointless, which will be if you can zap everywhere, which they will be adding if they get the funding. So, why bother with these since zapping everywhere will be much faster. ah , lets end this, it is pointless.... Port will do what port will do, no matter what we say here... I needed to vent what I strongly believe, so I did, you did, we all did. Lets move on and see what port decides to do.
    THE END... :rolleyes: cheers. by the way, I think it is time for the devs to close this thread, because it will just go on, and on, and on, like the battery bunny.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Even all houses and guild chapter-houses is overkill. If I could do that, I would cover something like half the towns in the game!

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

WOW OMG how many do u own? I have only 1 lol …. How are new comers going to find a place to live when you can own more then 2 properties? wow hmmm of course that is something we need not concern ourselves with at this time, because there are still more lots to fill then there are players.

8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

There are several Taverns and Inn's where they can live. And personally I've setup three Inn's for players to live in. Plus I hear about the near empty POT's.

Plenty of space for new comers :)

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I was against this when I first heard it, but going back and listening to the Livestream, I don't see that this will be all that bad. You *can* bind at multiple town criers, as well as at the entrance to scenes. However, each bind point beyond the first will cost gold or CotOs, just like bank slots, with an increasing cost. Seems like that should be plenty limited.

However, I do still wish that this would do away with "friends as teleport destinations". I want a Friends list, not every rando in the game trying to friend me. Allow teleport to group and guild members, and otherwise use bind points.

Witcheypoo, Sir Frank and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes indeed, right now there is.... Hoping they will all fill up sometime. Would be nice to actually see a lot activity going on in them, including PRT's.

Witcheypoo and Sentinel2 like this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree with what you said, makes sense, as long as the bind points are limited as not to make using the overworld map and the horses and boats etc we are getting useless.. Or make the overworld map look desolate, void of seeing anyone on them long enough to actually see them.

12. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

If needed. Portalarium can make more towns or sell more POTs

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

It's not how many I own, it's how many guild chapterhouses I have access to. I have on more then one occasion went into a random town and I see "huh. there's a chapter-house here." I can't speak for other guilds, but I know a significant number of our membership makes there houses chapterhouses just as a convenience to the rest of the guild.

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I only read the first page.

But why do we even need it now??? With a fleet flute I can go anywhere on the map in under a minute with the changes this release. Even before the pass's opening up, I ran everywhere instead of burning scrolls because it only took 2 minutes.

Just seems like a money grab to me. Porting like this made sense in UO which could take you an hour to run across the entire map. SOTA = 1 minute.

15. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I can't contribute anything useful about binding in several places until the details become more clear, but couldn't we clear up a bit of this consternation about teleporting from the friend's list simply by deleting the "location" column from the Friends gump?

You wouldn't lose any mechanical functionality, but you would need to talk to people to teleport to them. Or jump in randomly. That would be kind of fun, too.

I enjoy stalking my friends as much as the next guy, and I can't resist the temptation like so many others to over-utilize my friends list, but I also wouldn't mind communicating as a defacto-necessary step in using teleportation.

16. Blightlord Knightmare

Blightlord Knightmare Avatar

Or even better charge a COTO per teleport when not going to your home/primary binding slot. And maybe add like a 1-2minute countdown (basically just add 40-100 seconds or so to the current teleport countdown)

17. Curt

Curt Avatar

Paying N gold /day as taxes for each bindpoint?

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Chatele I don't know why people think boats, mounts, even airships one day, and the map would become useless due to fast travel. All the reasons to use other modes of travel can be added in. Yeah yeah but will they? ;).

I never expected mounts to have much travel value as much as fun value. Like ability to horse race, strut your mount, perhaps battle mounts one day, flying mounts etc. Perhaps you are faster on the map riding them and they can carry some things for us.

As to the map there is still tons they can do with it to make it have a time necessary to use it such as finding treasure hunting spots only seen on the map, trade routes discovered there, weigh points could be discovered there and until discovered you can't teleport to some locations.

Boating in my thoughts is its own unique adventure. The waterways can lead to ports of towns or new discoveries but while on them you can fish off of them, fight sea monsters, and even PvP sea battles.

All modes of travel could have their own reasons or uses. Of course as usual I'm future thinking. We will see people on the map when there is reasons to be on the map.

Imo in a game that is comprised of separate scenes that players can get lost in we must connect the world and make it fuller and richer. My idea is We could use a heat map effect. You know when pulling up the map with the end key or m key whichever and we could see dots of where players are but not showing names. Well or some type of heat map anyway to let us know others are out there;).

As always I wish for interesting details to be add to whatever is implemented deserving of this game of course and we will see . I am hopeful that we will let the floodgates down and let us fast travel to the whole world or entrances at least. There should also be some timers and costs included imo. Thanks @Chatele for caring so much to bring us this discussion. There are A lot of great ideas on this thread.

19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I agree 100% on this I would rather see people only able to bind to lots they own, and keep the existing teleport to friends (mind you Id be happy with this did away with this as well) Running across the map now with out the gates/control points makes things pretty quick.

20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Not exactly what I meant ;)

I try to describe better (even if I know >80% won't read it ;)

Dear Avatars, just think about the following four sentences:
    Should people with houses have a kind of small "portal" to jump fast between their lots? Sounds good!
    But if someone owns 4 houses (or more) distributed over Novia?
    Shouldn't we have possibilities for all players to have a better journey?

Just a few further thoughts:
    1. Why should everybody have the ability to teleport "by design"? (-->"Friend List")
    2. A teleport skill could give (air using) mages the possibility to teleport without scrolls/runes.
    The power (success and radius) could grow with the skill raising.
    3. Other people (not using the teleport skill) could use (like before) scrolls.
    4. Unfortunately, currently there are so many teleport/recall scrolls in loot, that people mustn't craft/buy them often. So I think, there should be less scroll drops ...
    5. We have a recipe for a "recall" or "teleport" scroll for Alchemy.
    It would be fine, to have a skill for scribing as basis to expand this. How? Giving a location to the teleport scroll!
    6. Beside scrolls for ONE WAY use there could be the ability (high tier skill needed) to craft a magic atlas.
    This atlas could provide (depending on Scribe/Alchemy skill) diverse binding points.
    7. Scrolls and Magic Atlas should be usable by non mages (without a teleport skill!)
    A great way for scriber to sell a very good item ;)
    8. Having these skills/possibilities, a friend list would be restricted automatically ...
    9. There should be areas where teleportation won't work because of magic barriers ...
    10. Teleportation between far land masses shouldn't work (Therefor we have ships and lunar rifts)
    Like Hidden Vale <--> Novia <--> Episode 2 new lands ...

I know, a lot of people don't like any kind of so called "restriction".
    But the current map can be explored in a few minutes without any teleportation ...

Why do we expect to teleport with no effort? (Just a scroll)?
    The same time we need to lvl up skills for running faster (like dash). Why is that? Is teleportation so much easier than running fast? ;)
    It would be great to have the ability to use more MOVING skills on the overworld map for a better meaning of those skills (to be faster as encounters, so they wouldn't be a problem to bypass them).

Giving "free teleport" for all places over the map takes a few interesting possibilites for skill improving and game feeling.

If we have a way to jump fast to every place of the map, consider this, please:
    Why not just clicking on a town / dungeon / quest location and be there?
    Why the effort to have recall or teleport scrolls any longer?
    Why the effort to have lunar rifts?
    Why the effort to have a horse stretch goal? (This would be a dead horse ...)
    Why the effort to think about travelling by ships? No ship is needed any longer.
    Why wagons/ships at the entrance of towns? No need for them any longer.

Beside that:
    Why thinking about more effort for fishing? Keep it just simple!
    Why not clicking on water, choosing from a pull down menu the fish we want to have?
    Why wasting time for waiting until a fish bites? ;)

Another task:
    Why the effort to do quests like before?
    Click on "Arabella" (she shows what to do and the target where we can do it - '!')
    Click on "Target"- '!' and "zap" over there to meet with Lord British (he tells what to do and where to do - '!')
    Click on "Target" - '!' "zap" - meet and kill a monster. Take the artifact. Klick on the "Return" button to "zap"- '!' and see Lord British.
    Click on the "Return" button to - '!' see Arabella again.
    Receive 100.000 XP and 50.000 gp.
    Would be a fine quest marathon ;)

How great is that? How challenging!
    How wonderful could life be with less effort? ;)

I am really for better engine and less distracting and disturbing stuff - but have an eye on the game design overall, please ...
    Binding everywhere feels like playing CLUE without using a dice to enter a room ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.