No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lamersons

lamersons Avatar

Anti-pk, bounty hunters ? Most of the players hate PK...

2. G Din

G Din Avatar

And just think, in this game you get only 1 , uno , eins, one Character !!! So to turn PK or Red will be extra risky. (Unless u get multiple accounts).

Still, it makes for some dedication to go PK with only 1 character

Mordecai and lamersons like this.
  3. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. You will be able to buy another character slot, just like in EQ. :D

(for those of you who don't know, I'm just making a joke - there is no news this will happen)

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Losing in PvP is not risk. Try again.

The gatherer loses the fight and the items gathered. The PK loses some throw away gear.

5. Owain

Owain Avatar

The risk to the PK is going PK. He doesn't know if there is a stealthed gank squad waiting for him, and he is subject to attack everywhere.

Subotai and Gunga Din like this.
  6. Owain

Owain Avatar

Nonsense. Tell that to every PK group who hated the guts of everyone in the KGB. They would beg t differ.

7. lamersons

lamersons Avatar

Gatherer losses mining time and some resources, PK looses the ability to be a member of society, turning everybody against it.

Gunga Din and Owain like this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

So the gatherer is not subject to attack everywhere?

A PK may be a target of more people for RP reasons but this is PvP not risk vs reward.

Risk vs Reward is two people racing cars and putting the pink slip on the line.. What does the PK bring to the table to possibly lose? Getting attacked by other players is not risk, that's the gameplay they want. The gatherer is putting hours of work on the line. The risk is the complete loss of time.

9. G Din

G Din Avatar

Want to know what the PKer feels ? Go rob a store and show your face to the camera on the way out. Now go try and live a normal life :).

lamersons likes this.
  10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Completely depends on the reason for robbing the store. Rob the store to eat, sure, gotcha, but there are better ways for food. Rob the store to get the police to chase you. Not risk, the chase is on, fun times to be had.

11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

None. That's why it doesn't work. It's like playing poker with someone who goes all in every hand and then keeps running back with a new set of chips. Someone hedges the downside enough to "play the suicide bomber with infinite lives" strategy. Totally destroys the game for everyone else.

12. lamersons

lamersons Avatar

You like to gather resources, you dont have the guts for constant adrenaline rushes, you are soft by nature ? Well, im not, and i still want to be the part of the world. Killing you is the way of farming resources for myself. I have an advantage of killing you in mine. You have different social advantages, like ask for help to kill me. That is the roleplay.

apoc01 likes this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

First off, it's not about me, it's about balance.

Second, your play style is at the expense of others that do not wish to be your source of entertainment. They choose to abstain from PvP. You can't force them to be your victim, they will leave. That's not balance that is self defeating as the victims will eventually go away. Then we have UO Fel/Tram all over again.

Why would you want to play with people that have zero interest in your play style, specially when there are systems that will allow for them to never be seen?

14. mad toxic frog

mad toxic frog Avatar

wow.... I hope that isnt true... becuase if it is thats a huge disappoint and i probally wont play a pve game.. Id rather get ESO or skyrim... then wait till oct to play a pve game... with a tiny area to pvp in....

apoc01 and Sir Frank like this.
  15. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

The (ridiculous) inverse of that would be: As a gather mines resources, PvPers have resources/gold come out of their backpack/bank. Now their playstyle, which you have no interest in, is impacting you. Sounds dumb :)

16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Is this seriously or is this a joke?

I am a Pk for over 17 years.
    All players in the server want to kill you.
    I already quit games because I could not log in anymore.
    Pk life is excruciatingly difficult but nice :D

While all the world chill at the Firelotus tavern, the Pk is in the woods with his frozen ass.

apoc01 and lamersons like this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The risk of PvP? What about the reward that people get for killing you? All they get is to kill the PK. Still this is PvP. PvP is the reward for PvP.

Killing a gatherer has the added reward of taking the resources gathers. The gatherer has risk, the PK does not.

18. Owain

Owain Avatar

I don't think you can consider things in isolation like that. The miner has to plan for the entire environment. If he chooses to go out unprotected, that is his poor judgment. His risk reward is based on mining, not PvP. If the ore is sufficiently valuable, he may die 90% of the time, but still turns a profit if he survives one time out of ten . In the same way, the PK may easy target or hard targets, just as the miner may have easy spots or hard spots. You have to consider all cases, not just the worst case.

Subotai likes this.
  19. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

Then for the love of god propose some rewards!
    Help us!

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I side with what Chris has said, PvP is it's own reward. Go out and PvP with people that wish to PvP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.