No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

@ lamersons - I do.
    Immune zones: Cities. Protected Quarries, Protected Forests, Protected roads. (edit: moongates) (Nil chance to be murdered)

I also propose semi-protected hexes.
    Hexes where everyone can enter, full PvP, but there are guard outposts and wandering NPCs on the lookout for PKs. These areas would also be guarded by PKKs.

and FFA hexes,
    Hexes out of the guard's protection, where PKs can roam a bit more freely, there could still be the odd patch of roaming NPC PK hunters.

lamersons likes this.
  2. lamersons

lamersons Avatar

That is reasonable scenario

Skalex likes this.
  3. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

Another good option to help protect gatherers who venture into more dangerous hexes could be the ability to hire NPC scouts.
    They could act as lookout for you, warning you of incoming murderers or dangerous MOBs.

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

Who said anything about unwilling? PvP in SotA is only by consent.

Alexander and Abydos like this.
  5. G Din

G Din Avatar

[​IMG]

NO worries, we can still PK !! Its dark because I didn't want to be caught during the daytime.

apoc01, smack and Abydos like this.
  6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I will volunteer to be the pinata. If the the area has better resources than a safe zone. Otherwise I doubt I would subject myself to mindless repetition of a craftsman. Make it fun and I might give a crap about mining. But God forbid a PvP miner to receive anything other than a PvE reward. As Chris says its reward enough just be able to PvP.

7. Owain

Owain Avatar

Personally, I don't subscribe to the risk/reward approach, at least not artificially applied. People suggest that additional rewards are needed to bribe people into PvP. Instead, different areas should have varying resources, and people can decide for themselves if they want to go there. Areas that are valuable will become contested. If an area becomes dangerous, players should be prepared to meet the danger.

Now if only SotA had an Open PvP sandbox environment where such things could develop like this naturally.

Lost opportunities...

8. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I'll be needing a pack llama!

9. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Tell if im wrong... but cant the craftsmen protect himself... dont they have the opportunity to learn combat ad well.. im not even a pker or hardcore pvper.. but id be thrilled to have to protect myself... all you closed world player s dont no what youre missing.. you will grt bored

Subotai and Abydos like this.
  10. Owain

Owain Avatar

They can, but typically they don't. Even if they have learned the combat game skill, they are not proficient at PvP, which requires more practice than crafters generally have.

11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

There most certainly will be crafters in PvP focused guilds who will fight as much as anyone. Perhaps everyone will take a crafting skill or two.

It really depends on how they do synergies and skill caps. It may be that a guild crafter is just a shared account which sits in town all day.

Lineage2 had a dedicated class for crafting. They were sub-par for general PvP but could build and pilot siege equipment, so they were a big deal for sieges. Camelot unchained - the DAoC reboot - is having a dedicated crafting class as well. And that is an all faction based PvP game.

12. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Most will protect themselves by mining in a safe zone...the privilege of PvP will not be "rewarding" enough.

13. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Thank you.. I guess it dont matter cuz I think now that this news has come out... there wont b many pvpers atleast thats what it looks like on here on uo shards and on darkfall..this includes me to but im my guilds eyes for when the official announcement comes forth

Ara likes this.
  14. GregorClegane

GregorClegane Avatar

Interesting, I have a few pledged accounts already. Wish I would have seen that there was no open world PvP before I did agree to pledge. What a travesty this game would be without a real-world feel. How could you build this game without the idea of PKs?

apoc01, Subotai, Abydos and 3 others like this.
  15. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Ara likes this.
  16. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Im with yyou buddy. I also plendged.. its not even about the very rare pk its about how now so many gameplay options n guild ideas n justtt sooo many things are gone mostly freedom.... I realy think they should of said ok full pvp with half loot or something n penalties for the rare pk I mean you get one char not many are gonna waste it gettin gankec by everyone cuz there red al the time... my guildies n I are done to.. just waiting the inevitable official announcement. That if they care about us like they say they do should be monday ..sorry that youre disappoint with the other 65 percent of us... this game population I think just got cut n half.

17. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

They need to do some work on the death graphics lol.

Gunga Din likes this.
  18. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Bye, sota.

Ara and apoc01 like this.
  19. apoc01

apoc01 Avatar

Well I definitely will not be playing if its another cookie cutter game with no freedom in the world. I am sad for this, but I am used to being disappointed by games now.

At least I have Kingdom Come to look forward to where you have real choices in the game

Mercyful Fate and Abydos like this.
  20. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

It seems this is a reoccurring issue where we have to consistently inform people who have been told many times over to obey the rules. This is going to be a final warning to mind the forum rules when you post. As we've stated many times, we welcome people to voice their opinions but only if they do so respectfully.

Lord Gréagóir and Umbrae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.