No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yes it is good enough to quit for many people. I hope the devs take a close look at this thread and take it seriously. There's no reason not to include open pvp if they can do it for guilds. There is selective multiplayer. Why not allow PvP? There is no excuse, and no they did not claim this since Kickstarter. In fact the early videos Lord British even mentioned the possibility to create an open world type PvP experience as well as quests.

This is a real issue. Especially since they said they wanted to make the game we want to play. If they go this route then they have not been listening to this community. The longest and most active threads have been PvP related. Sorry folks you just alienated a whole lot of people. Sure you'll still have the single player ultima crowd but big deal that is a small part of the gaming community. They need to add PvP to this game.

This is also a question they could have answered months ago, but again they want to suck up as many pledges as possible (which also means they know that PvP is popular but they don't want to spend the time to add it to the game). Guild based PvP and tournaments only is a load of crap. Why not have a PvP type experience?

Lord British used an example of a quest that flags a person for PvP anywhere in the world while he is carrying that item. Now who would be able to attack this guy? Wouldn't it also be people flagged for PvP? (I don't care if you don't like the terminology of a flag so keep your nitpicking about words to yourself.) Also if they can have a quest that makes that "single" player eligable for attack, then why not have a mode that allows your character to be eligible to be attacked the same way just without needing a PvP guild???

2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Good enough if true. If Darkstar means what the OP thinks he means. All I was saying was wait for something more official than this before jumping ship. It might be taken completely out of context. Who knows?

3. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

Are you serious... im not a pk but I still want full pvp.. it adds so much to the game.. so much directly n indirectly and do u relize how rare it is to run into a pker.. its just the thrill of always being on guard and if you do get pked the thrill of getting emotional n using that to wanna get better.. or better yet when pk attacks you .. n u end upmkilling them.. being a pk is hard you got to b rich have connections cuz u cant go to town and be good cause everyone n there mom gonna attack you.. I hate when ppl think just cuz people want full pvp they must be a pker.. ewww I cant beilive what wow has done to the free world gaming community. ? But people are sickmof it.. n thats why archeage is the number one most wanted game in the us now.. cuz of the freedom n thrill.. im just mad cause I feel like got us to feel it was a uo in spirit. Thats why they went on to talk to the full pvp shards.. n told us about the game.. im disappointed but still hope the game does well cuz of my respect for the devs. Its just not a old uo players game.. its a wow players game..well were thinking it is but likemi said im gonna wait a couple days and see if pvp is finaly explained.. if not ill do darkfall 2 witch is like old uo.. n def cant wait for archeage hardcore pvp sandbox game.. its got amazing reviews... please stop acting likempeople who want full pvp are pkers.. like thats so backwards

blaquerogue, TemplarAssassin and Ara like this.
  4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

No if people want to leave let them. They haven't even bothered to give an official word on the matter yet. Why are they dodging this question. People who want an Open PvP mode should have an answer by now since it is such a major topic. The threads about Open PvP are longer than any other threads, and many of them get closed and they open other threads.

No it's an issue that needs to be addressed.

blaquerogue, Ferrus and Brutal Brutis like this.
  5. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

All you people who hate on full pvp cause you never played any full pvp games and think its all freaking pkers running around are gonna b so mad.. when u relize that 75 percent of the people on here are old uo players..and we wont be playin so the populations gonna be low and youll wish we were around. so go have youre easy no one attacks me world.. where you dont even have the freedom to drop stuff on the ground( where I found half my stuff in uo).. we got sucked in for are funds n now that people are wanting pvp answers things are coming out.. this is why they waited so long to say anything about pvp.. cuz they knew more then half there starter money came from us sandbox full pvpers.. but they got there money now.. so have fun playing wow 2014.

6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

70 000 forum members. For me, a large part of members are here to PvP and full loot + the amazing craft system and rich environnement. I dont talk about the 400 or 500 members mega actives in this place.

Think dev dont image how many poeple are here for a full PvP game. Its bad. I dont understand why we dont have a official post yet.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

With Selective Multi-Player the PvE players could have enjoyed a world without PvP just fine. PvE isn't the issue. The issue is if they truly say there is no PvP mode apart from guilds and sparing.

blaquerogue and TemplarAssassin like this.
  8. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Just like UO....take money from veterans to make a pop game they don't want.

9. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Bah , Mega Active Forum PvE Members ll be happy.

10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I understand your disappointment.

Two servers = double the work and $$$.

Most MMORPG's have gone this direction that SotA is now going and are successful (like SWTOR).

11. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

I read the comments in the OP as that there were going to be PvP Areas (The PvP active hexes we knew about), the Guild Wars (that we knew about), Arena and Dueling (Apparently they've been discussed?) but that the whole world wouldn't just be a free for all Open PvP always. OPO =/= Open PvP Online, it just meant no restrictions on who you saw.

Thats always been the case as far as I've been aware as the baseline. I'm sorry if people think they were 'duped' into thinking the game was a free-for-all but I don't think it was ever presented as such in the material? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd love to see screenshots of the comments just so we can get it into some form of context and have Starr's actual words on the matter.

NRaas, NirAntae, Wsye and 1 other person like this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

It makes sense to listen to the people who need convincing to play this game. The people who don't need convincing are going to play regardless.

13. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

I can save you.. play darkfall2 n wait for archeage to come out..

I love you guys saying pve won n use pvpers lost.. no really you lost becuase this game just lost alot of population and just gained all kinds of bad reviews n trust issues since we were lead to believe its was uo in spirit n they even went to the free uo full pvp shards n talked about the game.. but they got are money to start world of warcraft 2014 I mean sota... so I guess they got wjat they wanted but just in short term.

TemplarAssassin and apoc01 like this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Doesn't need two servers it has selective multiplayer. Let them create a PvP only selection in Selective Multi-player.

15. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

People will whine and cry about anythhing. From the very beginning RG said there would be no open world PvP and open loot. If some would have actually followed the game this would have been known to them

16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If they can do it for guilds then why not???

blaquerogue and TemplarAssassin like this.
  17. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Dude! I know you're mad, but are you reading the same thread as me? Where are all these gloaters you speak of? I'm pro PvE and I've been nothing but nice in this thread.

Ferrus and NirAntae like this.
  18. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I have been following from the beginning and nothing has been clearly stated. I also came across a video a few months ago from early on where Richard says that selective multiplayer could create an open world pvp type experience or a non pvp experience. So this has not been this way from the beginning.

apoc01, Subotai, Kct and 3 others like this.
  19. Ara

Ara Avatar

Developers should have put less developer resources into making house owners happy and instead developed a good PvP game for the ones that were looking forward to just that.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

We knew this was the case from the Kickstarter stretch goals.

Was this actually stated by Darkstarr or did you just add this part yourself?

$2M: Players Take over the World!!!
    • Castles & Keeps effectively a new “Town Type”, where the structure is ownable by players or guilds
    • Guilds can declare war against other guilds
    • Guilds can declare as full time PVP
    • Guilds can earn a guild house and guild bank
    • Guild Tabbard/Shield/Flags usable by all members
    • Minimum of 5 castle types added to the game
    • Castle merchants with unique merchandise
    • Castle defense scenarios for most castles which can be played offline as well as online

Take a look at the stretch goal. Yellow is Guild vs Guild. Purple is what?

Mishri, vjek and Wsye like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.