No Open PvP World :( Ds said it into Alpha Im MADDD.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

No doc your right agian I ment to post that in a differ thread.. where that was said *pve people win* lol I need you in my life to correct all my mistakes lol.. come to pittsburgh pa please.. lol

2. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Im sorry , i dont have screenshots of this. Ragnar was into the discussion too, some other people. OneAndOnly + Darkstarr war.

I'm sorry to create a psychodrama. But for me it is very difficult to accept. I waited 10 years with the hope that RG gives us another sublime game. I invested $ 165. I caller all my friends and family for their announce this new game (near 20 PvPlayers) I have a friend who is a knight 800$+, he is a super PvPlayers. I think my old guild Armata, 100 + PvPlayers. Im Mad for me, and im mad for us :(

Plz Dev. (Darkstarr) Come here to talk to us.

blaquerogue, apoc01 and Akeashar like this.
  3. Brutal Brutis

Brutal Brutis Avatar

Dude this was never ever ever stated .. I followed the game every second of the day.. not only was that not said but by saying Its uo in spirit and them going onto the full pvp uo shards to tell thousands about the new game n answer questions.. kinda made everyone think it was gonna be a pvp game. I understznd not full lootnmaybe not as much full pvp as uo .. but this is crap

apoc01 and Ara like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It was stated from the begining that PvP will be consensual and it will not be full loot due to the way they serialize items.

5. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Yes in theory it CAN and still COULD. He said no open world pvp, he didn't say you soulden't use the system to create your own virtual friends list of flagged pvpers

6. Owain

Owain Avatar

Well, if guild wars will be permitted, every one who wants Open PvP can add each other to all our friends lists, and all our guilds can declare war on each other, and we can all go to FPO, and we will have the functional equivalent of Open PvP.

It's a bit of a kludge, but it would work, and it would be a thumb in the eye for Starr for doubting the support Open PvP has among PvP players.

7. Ben

Ben Avatar

i never PK`d, but still love Free Loot PVP!
    it adds SO much Thrill to Gaming, beign emotional envolved into the game adds sooo much.
    People who never played UO have NO Idea how Great, Open PVP is, you got this REAL feeling of Achievment when you survive the worst Situations.
    always on the peak of losing everything you have on yourself, that envolves you much more deeply into a game then anything i experienced in wow (as an example) i played wow from 2004(Closed Beta) until 2009 and i NEVER ever EVER had any experience which would come close to the things happend in UO (whenever i meet old UO RL friends we are still talking about UO as if it was 1998 * do you remember the day we went to deceit to kill some lichkings and sixlooter came and i used mark instead of recall ect.*)
    in games like wow ... everything is meaningless, i rarely remember anything from this years..
    (forgive me my bad english)

8. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

The opposite can exist. Open world PvP with a bunch of hexes being protected areas. More realistic.

If you look at what they're proposing hard enough.. It's almost like that.

I just hope these PvP zones are plenty and common enough that the world still feels like it can be dangerous.
    If they aren't numerous enough and too spread out, the world will not feel realistic and those hexes will become saturated FFAs.
    A good variety of hexes is the key.

I just hope they have a good justification for the invisible force preventing combat in the far wilds of the land.. Super expanded Guard's protection or something like that.
    It makes sense to have safe zones near cities and certain choke points in a world, but to be able to protect the majority of the continent is a stretch.

Looking forward to official word..
    I'm sure that mega-post will be coming soon.

9. Ara

Ara Avatar

Show me a kickstarter developer statement where loot were explained please.

apoc01, Ferrus and Skalex like this.
  10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

One day, when I have the desire to do so, I will hunt down the video, till then, you can either look for your self, wait till they make the statement again. Choice is yours.

The statement was made by Chris none the less.

11. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Not a hardcore PvPer myself, though I played in the original days of UO. I liked the idea of the toggle to allow like-minded players to group for that experience, while still providing the PvE-based selection for those are adamant about avoiding non-consensual PKs and ganking.

The problem was never really the fact that players killed each other; it was those who abused the system without any consequence simply to antagonize and harass others. Personally, I would much prefer to see in-game mechanics and potential RP support for the defenders, verses simply preventing it entirely. ;)

Heck, couldn't it just be the normal "PvP on/off" switch that someone could click to select upon login, and have a brief cooldown before letting them turn it off to prevent trolling. It's worked in many other games.

blaquerogue likes this.
  12. Root2

Root2 Avatar

I have followed the game since day one and I was never under the impression that it would be full pvp. It, at least to me, was quite clear from the begining that it would be consensual pvp to a large degree.

Ser Alain likes this.
  13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Hi Ristra,

We were suppose to have a filter to join the players that have the same profile as us. (FULL FULL LOOT PVP).

I understand that the company is very open with us. But there is still a limit. I always felt that from day 1, I could play with other PvPlayers. I am very disappointed.
    On the other hand, this discusion was very clear, unfortunately. I must add that DS has mentioned that the award would be more interesting in PvP zones. But, as my friend said '' On s'en Calissss''

apoc01 and Skalex like this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

dev chats stated they werent' going to do full loot. However they never said there wouldn't be an option for open pvp for those who wanted to enable PvP.

I agree with Owain. All the PvP guilds should declair war against eachother in protest, unless they are moving to an order/chaos faction type system where some guilds are on one side and some guilds are on another. Then we won't have to declair war at all.

apoc01, Ferrus and Chaos And Order like this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That isn't in question. The problem would be if there is no open pvp for those who want it.

blaquerogue and apoc01 like this.
  16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Yep man !

BUT, it was also clear that those who want to PvP everywhere would be able to do it too.

blaquerogue and Isaiah like this.
  17. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

Chaos / Order or some type of system would be nice.
    That way you get a lot of people to PvP with instantly, without having to chase down guilds to declare wars.

Make it story related. Let people pick a side(s) without having to join a guild.
    That way the solo type PvPers don't need to join a guild if they don't want to.

18. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I think people are confusing "open PvP" with "selective multiplayer" No one said you cant edit your multiplayer options to play with other players who want to PvP. What has been said that there will be no "Open, attack anyone you want, grief, hunt crafters or farmers or fishermen etc. PvP" . You can pvp all you want with those who wish to pvp.

19. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'm confused.
    1) Join a guild
    2) PvP
    3) Profit

What's the issue?

vjek, O`Sullivan, NirAntae and 4 others like this.
  20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That is still the case, well, a priority list.

Ser Alain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.