Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Outdoor Storage (Lawns)

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Poor game design, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

No surprise there...
    Really???
    Your own words declare others version of lawn deco as horrible and that they are being lazy.
    "No one said anything about where you put anything....." Really??? Please.........

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You're suggesting that freedom be impinged, or taxed. Paying for freedom, or being penalized for exercising your freedom, is not really freedom.

Lord Baldrith and FrostII like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's a good point for the devs to consider. I don't see it being of great value to the game though.

4. Drocis the Devious

Here's what I said: I think most of the yards look horrible, mainly because people throw all their stuff out in front to make it easy to access.
    What I'm calling for is a way to make lazy people pay a price for being lazy.

People can still put whatever they want wherever they want. That's totally consistent with what I've been saying throughout the thread. Sorry if you don't like how I said it or my motivation, that doesn't change how the solution works though. You're still free to do whatever you want and everyone has to play by the same rules.

5. Drocis the Devious

Sure it is. We do it with everything in this game.

Even decorating as it is right now comes at a cost. You're using the word freedom as a crutch for convenience regardless of the impact on roleplaying.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So let's see here. There are going to be lots of crafters whose business will rely on attracting traffic from passersby.

The easiest way is to display objects as visible as possible to do this.

Nothing says "blacksmith" more than a blacksmith station after all.

So what happens if we can up vote or down vote player lots and basically censor them?
    Well first thing e can expect is business griefing. Ie down voting competitors and up voting ones own. So largest guild wins really.
    If they regular players can't see your business due to your lot being down voted, then you can pretty much give up a crafting career. Unless you guild up and get a bandwagon of your own...

Doesn't sound like a good enough solution as the objective such widespread effects does not motivate change.

Acred, Lord Baldrith and FrostII like this.
  7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

ANNOUNCEMENT. MY HOA RULES! -

At night i do not want anyone to carry a weapon or a mask passing my house - or i will kill him

I will ring a bell at night! This signaling all my neighbors to "shut down their houses, turn off Avatar Radio, all requiring to be quit and turn off all lights that might disturb me drinking my good night Ale" - If not a Arrow will fly right between your eyes.

If you see my servant running around after i did ring the midnight bell you have the right to torcher him and force him with brutality to return to me to be able to clean my dirty shoes from daytime and prepare all for the next day for me.

If any Merchant starts screaming and selling stuff in my neighborhood before i finished my wonderful breakfast in the morning I will kill him Long and slow with my breakfast spoon

If you open a shop in my neighborhood you Need to paint a huge model of what the purpose is of your shop - My stupid servant , like most in the middle Age , cant READ!

Just because you are a travelling Minstrel, does not mean you can sit down at my home and tell me your boring adventure stories. I kill you the Moment you start singing or opening your mouth on my property.
    Go tell your stories somewhere else!

Just because the years in Novia has Holy Days does not give you the right to pass my House with your silly colorful processions! I am not intrested in being part of Holy Days. Rest assured this will be the last time your colorful processions past my House!

That would be it for now.

One more HOA i have: I will create new HOA´s the Moment i feel they are suitable for me giving me the right to kill someone so i can get my sleep uninterrupted.

Deep Respect.

Myrcello. :)

8. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

So you have the ability to distinguish which folks are being lazy vs. those who are decorating their exterior, and want to tax the lazy ones? Or you don't have the ability to distinguish between the two, and you just want to tax everyone if even, in your judgment, they're not "lazy"?

9. Drocis the Devious

I don't have the ability, that's why it's a good solution to have weather (which impacts everyone equally) to impact everything equally. The idea is that the casual person will not pay more for "water proofing" just to put their stuff in the front yard. Instead, they'll think, "Hey I'm glad I have a house that can protect this stuff and not make me pay more money!"

10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

We certainly do not impinge freedom or tax freedom in every game context. That is preposterous.

We don't currently tax yard decorations. You want to impose a new tax, where one doesn't currently exist. It is entirely unnecessary. You want us to choose to tax people. We can, you know, choose not to be taxed for every little thing. Don't you have enough taxes and government in your life already, without imposing it on our game? And no I'm not a Tea Party person.

11. Drocis the Devious

You make a lot of good points here.... I like the weather system idea much better.

12. Drocis the Devious

All lots are taxed in game gold or out of game money... You can't play if you don't pay.

All decorations cost something, time, money, in game gold.

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK that's one thing, congrats. Can you please tell us how ALL game mechanics are currently taxed?

And product purchases, are not taxes.

You're talking about putting an additional tax on a product that already been bought.

14. Drocis the Devious

You can't use any game mechanics without paying, I already told you.

But specifically for what we're talking about....If you want a front yard you have to pay a tax just to get it. What I'm saying is that it's a very small step to tax people more to use it (weather effects are a simple solution because it impacts everyone that uses their front yard).

It's actually a very eloquent solution.

15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK I give up. But one more thing.

Please don't ever run for public office. We don't need any more "small eloquent steps".

16. Drocis the Devious

You have my word I will never run for public office - I don't enjoy talking to people that can't handle the truth.

17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Man take it easy all.

Cool down. Tried to deliver some humor in this "overheated" discussion. :)

I also do not like some Gardens. But some are on the other hand very beautiful.
    Decoration Freedom vs "Eye Sore". Always a unsolvable topic.

Acred and Aveea like this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

It's solvable. You just have to look to the middle ground. Allow everyone to do what they want, but give incentives to those that do what the game expects. It's just like the cooking system.

19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I played Star Wars Galaxy Online.

They had resolved this problem very simple.

1.No Gardens! - No complains

2. But far more decoration Freedom in the Houses. - you could flip , flop , move items into the walls, move items within each other! and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. twotrees123

twotrees123 Avatar

Throwing everything in your front yard IS decorating. Just because it's not YOUR version of decorating doesn't make it any less so. From the screenshots I've seen it looks as if quite a few people took a bit of time decorating their yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.