Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Return Damage Resistance Back To Pre-53

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by By Tor, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

It's amazing how in life what can be "fresh and exciting" for one can be "aggravating and annoying" to another lol. :)

At any rate, I do plan to continue playing and like you, believe they will eventually fix these things. Just takes a little patience! :D

2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

How can you have that argument, admit you understand us, and then go on and say it keeps things fresh and exiting ?

It does not if we're sent back to kill what we killed 6 months ago. Please tell me you're more sensitive than that...

I asked all my high level friends if the DR change really impacted them... they are FORMAL... NO... and they still wear plate. You want me to go get them to participate in this thread or what ? I have a job, I have a life I just wanna play my warrior thats all, I don't bother anyone.

Have some compassion... its obvious that the only people who's playstyle (abstract the DR itself) was really badly affected, are us casual players who work their ass off almost likes slaves just to handle paying the rent.

I exaggerate, but thats the truth.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I don't think so... when this happens is because the people handling the situation have no advanced math knowledge in order to apply those mitigating equations in a logarithmic fashion.

After 5 years I think I have been patient enough, I wait to use all my xp and raise skills that the game was announced "launched" so since we want to help here... its our duty to say when balancing hurts justice and equity. It would make it an oxymoron.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and By Tor like this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I think he can say that (sorry for speaking for you @Adam Crow) because that is his opinion and how he feels as a player. Whether you, myself or anyone else agrees is irrelevant, because he is allowed to voice his pov. Just like we are. I also completely understand where he is coming from, given his enjoyment of learning new builds and trying to figure out how to min/max those builds. I personally would hate that, but he likes it and that's great!

5. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I changed from plate to chain long before this recent change / change back. I just couldn't handle the fizzle from wearing plate. That said, it sure would be nice if @Chris would get things settled, ie. balanced, so that "everyone" could know what to expect from the various armor options. Many of us here have been playing for years. I would not expect new players to be nearly as forgiving for "errors" that take months to find and have such a drastic effect on playing the game.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Amen!

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yeah but its obvious that at this level the change does not affect him so much, and we can try fresh playstyles from the start (most replay value) with multiple character slots.

I have tons of good feedback to give actually about the last releases... I SEE the improvements in the structure itself...

But I can't swallow that pill... once we accept to speak of logic and not only opinion, cause its been unbalanced here, then I will move on to my positive feedback.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and By Tor like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You know what the main reason I chose to accept the high fizzle rate was that I had more chance to get out of situations with everything focused on defense. I'm that type of player, I like to take HIGH risk and then run at the last moment, and I die, often... alot.

So yeah, I saw that nerf coming I can't lie... but it was badly applied, and affected the wrong people, again. Admittedly the goal here is diminishing returns, not meta-gap creation.

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah maybe, but that's pure speculation on your part. The only one who could definitively answer that is Adam. Maybe it affects him drastically but it doesn't bother him because he likes the challenge. Who knows?

Regardless, I understand where you are coming from re: the casual player. I am in the same boat and yes, currently the incentive to play outside of mining and stocking my vendor is nil. We've all been here before and things have always gotten better. I'm still frustrated, but recognize Port is a small team with a lot on their plate. I'm not making excuses for them, but we have to be fair and look at all sides. Things need to get balanced, a lot more evenly and I think they will.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That would be logical... however what I'm saying is that higher levels, players don't need so much DR anyways... they might do against a high level boss, but thats where you can expect to see nerfs when certain builds overpower certain situations in an unintended way.

So sure, looks normal for him... but halving my defence capability when I was already much slower and much more in danger to die than other builds, he should understand and accept the logic behind this.

I can excuse port... but what I cannot excuse is one dev saying we're only a handful complaining, so we should feel bad for explaining the logic behind our complaint, which we weren't yet given the occasion to.

I understand Adam, he wanted to help us see from the other point of view... but it should be obvious by now, even in this thread alone, that we are competent.

Don't accuse me of having subpar items when I cannot even play to afford better... that is an illegal under the belt punch at my most vulnerable.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Well I completely agree here. This agitated me as well, as it was dismissive to dozens of players, not just 2-5.

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Maybe because our avatars are small on the screen or *cough* in the devs mind, that alot fit in a handful.

*runs for cover*

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

@StrangerDiamond wow, I'm not going to respond to any of that.

But if you are having trouble killing things just from this change, please send me a pm. I will gladly go over your deck, and I'm sure we can find some things to improve on. A few tweaks, maybe a few skills you didn't consider, or maybe some tweaks to your plate armor and I bet I can get you back into that same zone having fun again.

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats exactly what I've been saying all along, that I can respec and ask my guild to PL me in another boring grind. You're not going to respond to any of that because you haven't actually cared about any of the premise, logical, at least.

I really truthfully appreciate the offer, but I'll be fine, I just have lost many months of playing for absolutely no logical reason. At least saying to people like @Yipp sure they should allow a respec, I feel compassion for you guys, is a good way forward.

We just want people to understand, if you have a better idea by all means but expect a similar vociferous reaction if you bulldoze over me with judgements, especially on elements I have no control over.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Im not asking you to respec or PL. You said you hadn't been playing much until launch. So I'm saying if you pm me with some specifics you prob are just missing a few things that we can talk about with a 20 minute conversation that will get you right back to fighting in the same zone. This game has an insanely steep learning curve and I am offering to help you fine tune your skills so you don't lose any time. Not sure why you would refuse that.

16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

And I'm not trying to sound like the master of this game or anything. I'm far from that, trust me. I may not be able to help you at all, or I might even see something in your setup that I never considered that may help me.

But it's worth a shot. You seem really upset about the lost time from this change. Just thinking a different set of eyes on your particular build might help.

17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

oh its ok believe me... I don't take it personally at all... it just brushed me against the hair that you talked about my armor which took me months of investment as "sub-par" and causing problems.

The only reason I say no thank you is because we have about 6 similar players in our guild... and we've studied the issue completely...

My build around damage resistance was never "clever" nor in any way refined... but thats the type of character I wanted to play. It allowed me to take on 2 berserkers and maybe one archer, so it was in no way unbalanced.

Yesterday I fought kobolds I used to fight in my first main quest (courage) which gave me a challenge because of their sheer number previously. Now well... I had to stay on the outskirts and wait for them to respawn and drag one or two...

These are green kobolds which hit me with a rusty hammer and wear fur.

Now I'm behaving exactly like a range attacker, but in much less powerful... as in I need to pull mobs and hope they don't respawn too fast.

The major difference (and I teamed up with a mage and an archer yesterday) is that they can pull and kill without receiving one single damage, they have their routine that 100% kills the enemy.

Me well... it was always a challenge, stacking defenses and heals and being VERY twitchy to actually if I was lucky enough not to have 2 archers on my back, I could perhaps kill 10-20% faster than them, that is if I don't count the longer break times they don't have because they're not in the middle of the enemies getting destroyed, they're kiting them. So its even more profit for them regardless because if they are careful they won't get damaged equipment or need to use potions in extremis. (I'm talking about casual farming here)

Sooo... if you want to talk about the logic of why this underpowered style (@adv level 70) needed to be nerfed... then I'm all ears.

Don't forget that according to Chris, the only issue with this is that SOME high level players weren't receiving damage at all... for us casual players that only happened in tier 1 and random encounters, with all buffs on, stuff we could kill comfortably years ago without any buffs.

So my character is already being distorted... at first like @Bowen Bloodgood I wanted to play a pure warrior without any magic... this is the only game that do not allow me to do it.

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I never said anything about your personal armor. I don't even know what you're wearing because you refuse to have a conversation with me. Was just trying to help, good luck!

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've been doing it.. and still am. :) Though there seems to be a big difference in expectations concerning what a non-magic user in heavy armor should be able to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.