Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Return Damage Resistance Back To Pre-53

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by By Tor, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almar

Almar Avatar

You know, if you are brimmed in plate gear, with proper resistance set up - meaning you can't cast decent spells - why CAN'T you have 100% physical resist?

Archers and mages cut the tripe from me, even with fire resistances and other resists, why can't a melee build be viable? There is more than physical damage surely? So why can't I be immune from that and vulnerable to everything else? Like, y'know, how it was before today...

If I do a siege now, in a camp I can face 1-2 high level archers, 1-2 high level mages, PLUS the all new, improved engineers with their kiting and bows!

Just. No.

StrangerDiamond, K1000, Nikko and 3 others like this.
  2. golruul

golruul Avatar

Just logged in to see I lost 49 max DR in my plate armor. Sorry but that's too much -- in fact I'm going to straight up call it garbage. If this was a bug then it should have been fixed earlier rather than let players get used to it and level their skills with this expectation.

This kind of extreme yo-yo "balancing" shouldn't be happening right after release.

At the very minimum the heavy armor tree needs a 100% refund because of this change.

3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

They always seemed to over do nerfs. My DR was like 8... Can't wait to see it now.

Tamsen, FrostII, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Agree! If this change is here to stay, give us tanks (which are now practically useless) a refund on skills so we can change our avatars to whatever build actually works.

5. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Where is the 100% return for this bull ****, You could have atleast turned on that so we could all get our hard earned xp back since you want to make it unplayable as a tank.

6. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

TBH, if they are going to persist with this type of development schedule, then they need to be looking 2 releases into the future, and the day RXX goes live, then RXX+1 should go live on QA. A week is not sufficient to test builds that directly affect the future of your company.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

And instead of plate, they are just wearing cloth and have all become ranged casters because getting in close now just doesn't make sense! ;)

8. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I have a question for all you heavy armor users that are complaining. Did you ever use defensive skills before? And if yes, how many at the same time and which ones? Also, did you ever use cover to your benefit? As a leather user i always have to run several buffs and use cover to survive, so i'm curious how it was for heavy armor users before this change.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

You're obviously not paying attention to what several of us here have said. You certainly are not reading MY posts here. They messed up. It is that simple. Have you read 4 posts here?

10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yes, I use deflect and glancing blow which I stack to the max and both are in mid 90 range. I have great armor and shield. My avatar is built for punishment and is getting slaughtered now by a group of green level wolves. That just isn't right.

Tamsen, FrostII, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I have like 8 million XP in active and innate defense-related skills in 4 different skill trees that do almost nothing.

FrostII, K1000 and By Tor like this.
  12. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

I put this in QA while it was being "tested."

Chris mentioned that this DR change was only a bug fix, but here are some pics of live R52 on the left, vs QA on the right. The DR cap received from both skills is cut in half, on top of the 'bug fix.'

I did a little SOTA math to figure out what I'd need to hit the 75% hard cap, and I don't think it's even obtainable. With the skills below, I have 61.5% max on QA.

In order to get 64.5% I would need: ~120 Deflection and ~100 Sympathy of stone. 12.9 million exp total.
    In order to get 67.5% I would need: ~140 Deflection and ~120 Sympathy of stone. 87.4 million exp total.
    In order to get 70.5% I would need: ~160 Deflection and ~140 Sympathy of Stone. 588 million exp total.

I stopped at this point because the numbers were just getting ridiculously high. Unless I am missing something else that adds DR cap, the new hard cap is unobtainable.

This is silly.

[​IMG]

100% of physical damage to a certain point, let's not oversimplify things. I am AL 100 and can get my DR up to the low 70s with all the defensive buffs. The only thing this does is kill plate armor, and full heavy as a whole. The benefit to it is nearly gone, and the ability to cast spells with chain chest + cloth is much better than having 14-15% higher DR cap. A 40-50% reduction in DR cap might be a little overboard.

13. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Have you tried using defensive stance (tactics skill tree) for example, i tested it out on leather and it nearly doubled my DR.

Yea, i have a lot of those as well. A lot of those are situational for sure and yes, some don't do a whole lot for me either. That's why i use defensive stance to enhance my active defenses. I switch it in and out with berserker stance. One for damage, the other to enhance my defenses. It works like a charm for me. Well, most of the time anyhow.

danjacobsmith likes this.
  14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

And therein lies the problem...SoTA Math. Where with a 99% chance to mine that ore I fail four times in row...:rolleyes:;)

I really don't understand why these "adjustments" are so imbalanced.

15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

You must be talking about before R53, because they don't help after. I use defensive stance primarily (GMed), along with Fortify Defenses, and Glancing blow, and I can't even see a difference between when those skills are activated, and when they are not. Something is broken. I have zero doubt that this will be adjusted to be much better than it is, because right now, I don't understand why ANYone would do anything but Ranged or Mage in PVE.

FrostII, K1000, Athanil and 3 others like this.
  16. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

This change has me on the brink of ragequitting. I'm a casual player, slowly leveling my plate/defensive skills since persistence. I could barely hold my own as it was with a couple of yellow mobs. Now, greens eat me alive.

Such a change negates my year+ of slowly building my tanky avatar. What a slap in the face.

17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

And everyone should also remember that some of us have already had the pain, like when elemental resistance was put in, and I could barely do a thing to ghosts. (It's still a pain.) Sometimes it's your turn.

Also, to everyone, can I have your stuff?

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. Yipp

Yipp Avatar

+1 This.
    I can understand and respect the need for a change, is it too much, I do not know. As a plate user (using multiple defensive buffs prior to patch) the difference for me is clear, if I did not heal, I could kill one obsidian bear before it did much damage to me, now one bear, takes me down to half health.

I am not sure I like this style of play now with these huge changes. A 100% refund of skills (not just Heavy Armor, but tactics, blades, etc... should happen)... Many of us were not around when the previous refunds occurred, we need one now.

Thank you.

19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah, if you pay me.

FrostII likes this.
  20. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

On another note i want to make sure that if this is the way that DR is, is this same HARD CAP in place for all magics, so no fire mage/ice etc can have more then 75% resistance to that element?

This Includes the use of potions/attunement as well

Chrystoph Reis, Nikko, Sarek and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.