Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

*Poll* - Areas you would like to see graphical improvements in post R2

Discussion in 'Release 2 Feedback' started by Valice Belgraham, Jan 28, 2014.

?

Areas you would like to see graphical improvments in post R2

1. Environment

24.1%
  2. Textures

25.9%
  3. Player models

84.5%
  4. Animations

69.0%
  5. Scale

20.7%
  6. User interface

32.8%
  7. Bags/inventory

25.9%
  8. Lighting

27.6%
  9. Shading

29.3%
  10. Water

20.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Hehhe yeah thats the odd thing with fable 3, when I play it I feel like I need to clean my glasses because it's like it's foggy/softened. (I normally wear contacts so glasses usually doesn't apply)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

The three I felt would be in MY top 5 (not listed in your top 10}:

NPC models - if we don't get portrait pictures, i expect every person within a zone to have its own model.. this is required for a truly fleshed out RPG experience. (and I'm confident it's coming in time).
    (but if it helps, i'm sure every Dev+ user would be happy to send in portraits of themselves to be inputted in as their representative NPCs..)

Town layout - still hoping for varying shapes and sizes for house plots; small and tall in the urban sprawl, low and far apart on the outskirts (with extra room for farming in return for the sacrifice of seclusion from the busy marketplace)

world interactivity - this is getting better, we can pick up random items now, and that's a good first step. It still bugs me that the Tower homes have upper balconies and windows that are both inaccessible and don't exist from the inside.. just there for show?
    (I hope this changes when we get climbing and functional ladders, then I might be tempted to purchase one! :D )

Time Lord, Valice_Belgraham and smack like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

I voted in a lot of them, but wanted to give clarity here. I hope every area gets more attention to increase visual quality during the polish phase, but the ones that scream out the most to me are the ones that currently get in the way of testing. And that primarily is in the user interface or bag/inventory. While that may sound strange and it's something that usually comes last, but consider the following.

Bag/Inventory to facilitate crafting was sorely needed. Showing the quantity of stacks by default or via toggle / hotkey would have solved a ton of questions about why crafting wasn't working. UI scaling to see the tiny objects in your inventory is another. Highlighting of items when you hover, or have better visual effect to show items on your dark chest/bag background. They also had to patch to add a shimmering effect to items on the crafting table. While all of these are minor graphical improvements, they can all add up and get in the way of the play testing experience. I really hope to see R3 improves in this area.

And although not graphical, since we're talking user interface: keyboard/mouse rebinding. They had to patch and add invert so that was a critical area.

Aside from that, definitely player models / animation need the most work in graphical quality. Lighting and shaders are a personal pet peeve of mine and I've posted numerous bugs and feedback on how that can be improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.