1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Post Episode 1 Content Plans (aka the 2 year plan)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. null2

null2 Avatar

No clue, but Markee Dragon has more than 10,000 bank slots with the option to buy more.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL... ew!

3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

When you put it all together like that, I have realized that what you are describing is exactly what I thought we were going to get with episode one.

4. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

I was thinking the noob quests like in many games could have a lesser form of this. once done with the full noob quest line they would have gotten the whole noob set that would scale up to about lower mid level. Getting a reward of an item per new player quest has been a great way to keep new players in many games. They would play more to get the whole set and feel like what they work hard for was rewarded.

Chatele and majoria70 like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

+1

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There is an Assist command, and Fireflies is designed to help visually indicate targets.

Womby and Alley Oop like this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, a few of those things on the list were even presented at Kickstarter. Others are things the devs seemed to be geared toward or on board with until some minds got changed somehow along the way.

8. Morph

Morph Avatar

One thing that became a thing in UO kinda by a mistake was rare items for house deco, to mention a very popular one, the skull candle.

After EA kinda killed UO I moved over to a player-run server, Defiance was it's name, they introduced a thing which I believe was brilliant.

The rares dropped from monsters, like a lich dropped skull candles by 1/250 ratio.. daemons a tapestry, Balrons a covered chair.. so on

What it did was spreading people all over to hunt rares and setup the perfect deco in your house. It made hunting low mobs cool again because they had a chance of an rare you needed. It made you meet a lot people both "low level" and high, as you didn't just go to the places with best loot (in terms of coins).. the blood pentagram many seen in UO and thought "god, having this in my house..." yes it dropped too in 20+ pieces to be collected from all kinds of monsters...

It also introduced a huge set of item to be placed on vendors, traded among players. The most popular vendors was vendors selling rares.

I can see this as a very good idea for shroud of the avatar, high levels will venture into lower zone, meet new players, trade rare decos, add a new goal to collect and so on..

Images killing kobolts in you favorite spot and suddenly you get that rare item you hunted, go back to your house place it, and your off finding the next on your list... ohh yeah, this gives players a new goal too in the game, becoming a collector.

Which I've been most known for in UO both player run server or back in the day, Morph the collector of rares.

Another thing that would add to this was adding a specific monster in each release (monthly) like say a satyr chaos mage which had a rare drop, but the monster was only present in that release making its special drop even more rare a year after...

What about treasure hunting??? Loved that in uo ;)

Hope you like the idea @DarkStarr

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  9. Valkaryie

Valkaryie Avatar

Yes... yes... yes... YESSSSSSSSSS! All of it! YES! Give it to me now I can't wait!!! I am sooooo super excited for the new fishing and boating options!!! I hope sooner rather than later we can get our boats out on the water and deep sea fish for GOOD rewards other than just cooking recipes!!! HIGHER gold value for harder to catch fish.

There are a lot of good comments here too! I hope they all get read and considered.

I'd love to see SOS bottles and other things to net up and find in the water, treasure maps in a bottle, random wood floating around and maybe wood/parts from a boat that loses a battle against a sea monster/pvper or something along those lines as a shipwreck too!
    Treasure chests that are worthwhile to go out and hunt for. (mostly referring to how lacking of rewards the recently added supply bags are) a good amount of gold reward would be nice (like in chillblains we get approx 2k gold per chest give or take) COTOs! You know how pirates love their gold doubloons! Artifacts? Heart of Vrul to name one, would be a cool thing referring POTC. Many cool things to put in a pirate's chest, just don't follow the path of the supply bags that are mostly npc trash.
    Underwater shipwrecks/treasure chests with some kind of above water indicator, golden circle, sparkling area on the water, sharks circling in a red circle of blood from feasting on the bodies of the passengers on the ship they just sunk... Maybe I've been watching too much Jaws? Something another indicating that there is a treasure chest NEARBY somewhere so you have to go diving and look all around to find it.
    Random islands to be discovered with treasure chests buried (
    X marks the spot! Better hope you brought your shovels! Locked location for the treasure maps.) and not buried chests that have random spawn locations (not to be farmed in the same spot over and over/guarded) maybe with a 4 or 5 person loot before disappearing and respawning somewhere else on another island. (4 or 5 person loot to give group fishers a chance to loot the chest too, since it sounds like the seamonsters will be quite difficult to solo.) A treasure hunting skill would be cool like in UO where you have to level it to read the treasure maps you find while out fishing.
    Craftable boats with durability that goes down when you lose a battle with a seamonster/pvper.
    Boats with glass viewing underneath.
    Travel on your boat from any town to any town (limitless water travel, if you can see it on sotamap, you can go there and dock for a fee)
    WASD boat movement I'm guessing would be the way to move the boats, I'd also like to suggest that if that's the default speed that you can additionally increase speed by moving your sails to catch the wind.
    More fishing bubbles in general, also added to POT's and around the docks more. And I don't need to say increase the fishing animations because the community has already greatly expressed that we need that with the update in September.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  10. Valkaryie

Valkaryie Avatar

Agree 100%, a lot of these things will help KEEP the new people coming into our game, adding to the sandboxyness of the game which is what a looottt of people are looking for in a new game.

Moiseyev Trueden and Chatele like this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

@DarkStarr What is the plan to distribute lots for the new territories in EP2? There will be new NPC towns, which implies new homes and deeds of course. Is it fair to assume that the lot deeds will be given out in a new KickStarter? Will it be just like the first KickStarter with pledge packages, tax free deeds, up to and including the castle? This is not a trick question, but it is important information for the current economy in game. If there will be more of everything, that will certainly cap some values.

12. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Maybe instead of mobs dropping rare house deco, have them drop an ingredient to make a rare. Lich doesn't drop a skull candle, but instead drops a skull you add a candle to. Same rare chances, but you make the item yourself.

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

One thing I was looking forward to early on was having a deco item as a reward for a quest chain. For example, the Bone of Throne. I don't think they made too many more of those kinds of things. Instead they're spending time making telethon goal items. :/

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Spoon like this.
  14. Morph

Morph Avatar

Also a good idea, to involve players and crafting - making crafting even cooler, I like :)

15. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Great to see were discussing EP2 content when we cant even get EP1 content sorted! Priorities ladies and gents, priorities!

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  16. Merrik

Merrik Bug Hunter

:(
    @Lord British I don't see the kolbold indoor plumbing

this makes me sad...

or happy... in the case where it should already be in before launch :D

17. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

will there be a kickstarter for episode 2?

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Is this still the case?

19. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Bring back /classicmode, but instead of old timey 16bit graphics, make it top down (actually more skewed camera to the south like classic Ultima) camera locked view.

smack and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  20. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

+1 treasure maps and sos bottles to be complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.