1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Purchase, Transfer, and Gifting of Founder Pledges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

2. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

It is a system that has been in place since the end of kick starter. It is just the details are finally conning into light.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

I never heared during Kickstarter "take your time, we yet have enough money and you can get a founder even if you pledge 10 months later, you just have to find somebody that gifts you the pledge". It always was said that if we would pledge now we would get very special things that only early backers could get.

Joviex likes this.
  5. High Baron O`Sullivan

All the new "Founders" still have their "Benefactor" pledge date?

6. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

Once a kind founder has gifted a founder adventurer pack (Thanks TEK), darkstarr mentions merging your existing pledge? I cannot see where that happens/ how to do that? I have the gifted F pledge and my original pledge... am I missing something obvious?

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

e-mail support@portalarium.com (They have an amazing response time!)

Lord Baldrith and Akeashar like this.
  8. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

My merge is taking a little while, but then again, my account is a little messy what with decisions to do multiple upgrades in various places. ^^;;

Thanks to OSullivan for helping out this Benefactor with getting an F for Founder. :D

Lord Baldrith and OSullivan like this.
  9. Kuno Brauer

Kuno Brauer Avatar

I also don't understand the logic and I think this is an impossible situation. I understand why it bothers you guys and for the part I've played in all of this, i'm sorry.

I would be perfectly okay if Founder items really did identify people that pledged by a certain date. The problem is that that wasn't how it was working. Gifted pledges were allowing brand new people to become "Founders" (with the rewards/etc.) while Benefactors were stuck watching and hoping we got a refund so we could repledge via a Founder willing to gift us a pledge.

I think Starr added the post about "pledge date" now factoring in when determining lot placement precisely because of your last point.

Not sure what else to say, just apologies to all of you. As soon as this Pandora's box opened, I figured things were going to get messy :(

Edit to add: sorry, did not see the follow-up posts about pledge date/lot placement

Lord Baldrith and Grayhawk like this.
  10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I agree.

Alexander, Grayhawk and Joviex like this.
  11. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Lord Balor Granitecrushe Avatar

I have a question.

I've pledged to Knight level as a Benefactor. With the recent announcement, Osullivan helped me with a Founder's adventurer level.

I planned to upgrade my Benefactor to Lord level. Should I hold off on that until support "merges" my two pledges? Or should I go ahead and purchase the Lord level now?

Also I note that as a Founder, Lord level is 1500.00, while for Benefactor it is 1600.00. How will that work under the new system?

12. High Baron O`Sullivan

So we now have Founders, Founder 2's. and Benefactors. This is interesting.

13. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

It's also likely that whoever is overseeing that process on Portalarium's end is now up to his or her neck in merge requests.

So, you know...[obligatory urging of patience] [obligatory conciliatory comment about how these things will all work out] [obligitory note of thanks for keeping a civil tone]...

14. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

After a while, the record player starts to skip in the spots that have been played over and over. Hence, broken record.

I dislike the tone and precedent(s) already set in this regard, and this is just another log on the proverbial fire.

It makes zero sense, and was never a part of any promise made to people who did not pledge during the KS, that they could someday, months later, still be a founder.

Call it whatever you want, it is a crap mechanism to attempt to get people to pledge more on the backs of those that had faith in the project based on the promise to do things BETTER than other projects had done in the past.

I see nothing revolutionary at money grabbing.

15. Curt

Curt Avatar

Is not a founder as only learned about this game less than a month ago (but wish i had learned about it earlier).
    And yes this feels so wrong.

16. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

ok upgrade me i guess, not sure what this is for but it says upgrade ;]

17. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

You're not wrong...technically, it was a promise made to those who did back during the KS, the implications of which have gone unnoticed until just now. On the plus side, it does present a path to "Founder-hood" for those of a mind to achieve that status, which is certainly not something that they had previously thought of as being possible.

Since this is a feature that has mostly sat dormant and gone unnoticed until now, I'm thinking that money-grabbing had less to do with it than a perhaps-misplaced hope that people would engage in benign, unprompted social philanthrophy. Obviously, it didn't quite work out that way.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I can understand why some of the founders are upset over this as I've seen some get upset over far less.

For me as a founder......if it encourages more players to sign up.....if it encourages low level benefactors to upgrade and perhaps upgrade to another higher teir .........well all of this generates revenue so in the long-run it has to be better for the game and better for all of us.

I agree that there are certain 'founder' items at the lower end of the tier pledges that may considered a future rare.....but the reality is that it could take years for them to establish real value and a few extra ones probably won't change anything.

In terms of high level pledges (citizen+), I don't invisage much of an impact at all.....placement has already been confirmed based upon pledge date so founders will come first.

I think the only thing it has really nerfed is founder bragging rights......I dunno maybe they can allocate a shield with people pledge dates on it or something like that.

As for me, I won't be participating in upgrading people.....not because I am against it....it's more to do with the fact that I don't trust players 100% with real money unless I know them (no offense to anyone here).

I know that some people don't agree with founders getting the referral rewards.....my view is that there has to be some kind of reward for taking the risk and encouraging other players to spend more money.

In all this is a great move by Portalarium and I look forward to more pledge money rolling in to support the game for everyones benefit.

19. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Unfortunately - and I say this as a staunch Port supporter - it's a little harder to give the benefit of the doubt this time around when they create a place in the forums just to promote this, instead of saying that this is not what they intended and to please not advertise "services" around the forums. I almost expect it to be advertised in an update now (and I may need to take a break if that happens...) I think they should have honored the existing gifts that went through, maybe even gave a grace period for those that saw it and felt slighted- and put an end to it. Alas.

Bubonic, Sir Isycle and Grayhawk like this.
  20. smack

smack Avatar

...and it's in the Update. But it looks like they put a time limit on the gifting of Founder level pledges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.