PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    In my defense I asked for this thread to be closed a bit ago and now is just trashed. :(

mbomber, majoria70 and Enfo like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Come on do you have no heart. I'm sorry. Help me understand. I am by no means perfect. I understand you do not like the concept that player owned towns exist in the game and you have a right to feel that way and to discuss it. I am wrong to interfere. I said sorry and meant it.:)So continue with no interference truly. We've always said no taxes, no deco rules etc in our town. It is just a place to live that helps to avoid the land rush. I have better things to do than govern a town. We have it for friends and family. If we want to do stuff with it then that is cool, if not that is cool too. I am not going to be staying in my town, I'll be out exploring the game, fishing, boating when it comes in, laughing with friends or by myself sometimes;). I was wrong, I will try to do better in my communication skills.

mbomber, Budner and Lord Baldrith like this.
  3. Hedbert

Hedbert Avatar

Thank you.

mbomber and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

@majoria70 I never said I hate POTs. I dislike what POT owners have become. Actually, I dislike what the long-term community here has become.

I have never, and I repeat never, been talked to the way some of you do in these forums. If anyone disagrees with you, it's like a school of sharks, ripping at the poor victims legs, for no other reason than showing up in the forums and disagreeing with someone.

In all honesty, I would rather be insulted by a 12-year old kid in World of Warcraft than the holier-than-thou, "Im better than you" rhetoric I've been subjected to in these forums. It may not be toxic on the surface, but there's a lot of poison underneath. It's hurtful, disrespectful, and inappropriate. The fact that Portalarium lets it go on is shameful as well. I expected Richard Garriott and crew to foster a better community than they apparently got. I see no virtue in any words coming out of these forums by those you who have appointed yourselves the pillars of the community. Also, it brings out the worst in others, including me.

I'm sure this will all fall on deaf ears because you either can't see it or you won't see it because you simply don't care about anyone who doesn't gush over the same things you do. Who exactly has no heart? Answer me that.

I probably won't matter. I'll get a ban, the post will get deleted. All swept under the rug. This community could be so much better, so much more inclusive, if it just tried a little bit harder.

Roper Docholiday and rune_74 like this.
  5. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Shut up, this is where the real PvP happens. Don Thy forum armor!
    Ok. I read your posts. I too am a non pot owner. My opinion is that the pot owners do not have this immense amount of power that shuts put everyone else. Some do flaunt that power and will abuse their subjects, placing taxes on them and hovering over their head the threat of banishment at a moments notice.

There are also those that have made many promises to not tax, nor hold banishment over their heads.

Now you can choose one of three options for a house basically.

1. Rush for a npc town and gloat about being tax free and not subjected to threats.
    2. Pay cash or gold to insure a spot in a few pots.
    3. Make friends and deal with a pot owner and, knowing you will never backstab them, be happy in your new home. I can suggest people for you to talk to also.

Changes are coming and going and the discussion stays relavient. I am also would like to see those banned only unable to enter the actual town, but still be able to transverse the outskirts so they can make it to any other pot linked to the original one.

The pot owners are helping to craft this game through generous donations. Embrace and adapt to it, while of course giving your opinion and defending yourself.

Being like these "wahhhhhhhh u guyz hurt me no one nice I quit gggggggg" people solve nothing.

6. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

Thanks for proving my point. You're be a great asset to the future of this game.

7. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Your welcome and you are too!

Keep up the super good solid work. Add in more exclamation marks for more emphasis! Makes it more believable!!!!!11shift+1

8. smack

smack Avatar

Since it's been decreed that PvP POT bans are going away, this comment would then only apply to PvE POT bans. If those still exist as well in their current specific implementation, then I think this proposal is worthy of pursuing. It's also one I've proposed as well: to do away with bans exploiting scene-instancing mechanics but instead rely on physical boundaries of a POT, perhaps via actual in-game physical town walls/gates and impassable physical features (mountains) or even Moon Towers. Ya know, kinda like how actual NPC towns are designed (e.g. Owl's Head).

Enfo likes this.
  9. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Yeah I took that info from you, but I didn't want to include you so when a dev starts from the last post and works backward they see it was my idea first.

I'd give your credit in like episode 4 or something

10. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris There you go guys, the oh-so-wonderful public face of your community. I'm sure they'll drag in millions of players with virtuous attitudes like that.

I've held you in high regards for many years, but I'll I can say at this point is:

Good luck with your game. With "friends" like @Enfo, you're going to need it.

11. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Oh wow thank you for the shout out.

Thinking about it your right, I am probably the best they got for the public face. I'm fit with like 32 strength. I got a great job as a ranger, i study up and know the product and that it is in pre alpha and changes are coming, and I can communicate clearly.

Again thank you for your support. I know I am the best and just hearing good people like you reaffirm it. Everyone needs luck and you having the full understanding that with me in the mix that I will steer the devs straight with solid tactics that have help boost companies like Oracle and IBM that they won't even need luck and yet you wish em luck. Man, your generosity knows no bounds does it?

Thanks again, but back on topic, support your pot owners! Except the bad ones.

12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Your joking and poking aside, I have also been victim to the dog pile mentality....and to be honest I am a bit bitter of it...it closed a thread that was making good progress in order to get their way...I fully expected to be banned at the end of the day for the thread because I didn't agree with certain members of the community and was totally shocked when they did not. That thread was not reopened, due to the fact that the majority of that thread was spent questioning my character and name calling. Is this what I should be thankful for?

I'm glad they got more money for development, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision made...and it doesn't mean we bow down to those that did so.

You may think it's a joke, but man it doesn't feel like we are all on the same page or playing the same game.

Peleg Folger likes this.
  13. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

I was Part of your "perspective of power" thread. I think after rereading it you might see things directed towards you that others don't.

Also, asides from muds maplestory, what other mmo games have everyone been on the same page?

Honestly I don't want everyone on the same page. I'm gonna need power hungry powergamer friends to help me out, steely eyed business men to trade goods with, dummys who are careless to make some coin from, and people that whine on the forums to create real PvP.

The issue is, do pot owners REALLY have that much of an advantage and what is port doing to negate it. Starr already hinted at the direction, so I'm gonna stay and see what happens.

Just because ~30 out of the 60000 backers don't agree with you on the forums (ok some want you banned and dead) isn't enough to say you are done with the pcommunity. I mean, you can say that, it is a pretty solid troll move but in seriousness it is shortsighted.

Thanks for your time.

Lord Baldrith and mikeaw1101 like this.
  14. smack

smack Avatar

That's ok, as long as it gets changed, it doesn't matter to me who initiated it. So uhm, gratz on your idea! :)

Enfo likes this.
  15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    [​IMG]
    Thank everyone for participating.

Arradin and Peleg Folger like this.
  16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK obviously you've been doing shots again. Tomorrow please tell us how it will really work.

17. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Burn some controversial books while you're at it.

18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

All in all I enjoyed this thread. Got to mull over some perspectives and reaffirm my stance on the POT/tenant/visitor relationship.

I still stand by my initial response to the poll. "I don't care" Because I do not have skin in the game. I do not own a POT with a plan for PvP other than open PvP. It's now very clear that setting a POT as PvP means it is open PvP. No confusion.

I didn't even notice posts getting modded. Is that a first? A PvP thread going the distance without a lock, mod, lock, ban cycle?

19. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

I don't think anyone said they were leaving. Quite the imagination you got there.

Quite an imagination when it comes to numbers as well.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It's hard to see the ones directed at me since the mods removed them....I think it's quite clear when someone refers to you as a troll, or a loud mouth malcontent that they are talking about you. It's even better when they gang up on you. If others didn't see it, they didn't want to see it....I had to defend my motives and my suggestions to the point they got the thread locked...

But your right, read it now and no one will know...but I remember.

I never said I was quiting, but I'm not backing down on my suggestions that PoT rules should be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.