PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You are right....how do we fix that then?

Make it a minimum of 3 months? Say 3, 6, 1 year...indefinite?

There has to be away around that.

2. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

1. No, PoT owners own the pot, there is no way that portalarium can manage over 200 pots manually.

2. Valid concern, but don't join a PoT unless you trust the owner.

3. Absolutely not, and its not possible. Housing **WILL** Fill up to a place where there will be no availible lots in NPC towns.

All in all, if you don't trust a PoT owner - Don't move in there. People HAVE a choise, it is not a right to live in someone elses pot.

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I cant think of any way around it.
    I think the idea to have a 30 day notice better than being instantly evicted - And i feel its a better way to go than to leave it like it is.. but also a better way than to remove the way to evict at all .
    PoT owners NEED to be able to evict in some way NOT involving portalarium.

mbomber and Senash Kasigal like this.
  4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

How about a voting system where the residents decide if the troublemaker has to go?
    Than he has two weeks to move out.
    Thats the way i will handle this. Vote in our internally forum.

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I get that as well...notice is key here....

The problem with that, and I'm not sure there is a fix, is that people are fickle. Everything could be fine one day then boom they have a meltdown and your sitting on the curb with all your stuff.

So maybe this 30 days notice allows some cooldown in situations where emotions got the better of people.

Arradin likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Problem with that is the owner can just ignore that...I'm not saying you would, I'm just saying it is possible to just ban anyways.

7. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Not, if you make it the only way to evict players.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

How would you enforce it?

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

This will be my only post in this thread.

POT owners are called POT owners because they "own" the POT. If you don't like living in a POT, you can move. This logic trumps all other logic in this conversation.

I was the first person on these forums to propose a rental system. I think it would be great for POT owners and great for POT residents. It would also be great for people that own housing and just want to rent it out.

But that doesn't change the underlining fact that the POT owner "owns" the POT. If you don't like the rental agreement, move. The POT owner being able to evict you is the BASE rental agreement, and that can not change unless the POT owner first agrees to it. If residents don't want to live in a POT without a rental agreement, that can be manually performed right now.

I would love to have an automated system, it would make it much easier for me to collect taxes (rent) for my enormous town. But any templated rental system that removes the POT owners ability to evict people that are not following the rules is out of the question. That's going too far.

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Perhaps Portalarium could make a tool for POT owners that would count down 30 days till eviction. It has to be started by the POT owner and it would be announced also to the person who is on the lot.

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  11. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Portalarium had to implement a system where the Governor can set up a voting in the PoT menue.
    Is the vote lost, the system evicts the resident.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

well as all POT owner posts seem to assume they are very good people, and they would most like
    But not the LAND LOT DEEDS they are owned by a player who owns the Lot once they place it,so they should be given far more rights, as it stands they have no rights. Once you give permission they own the LOT.

From FAQ's
    Can I own a house?

Players can purchase houses in a wide variety of styles and sizes. Placement of a house requires ownership of a lot. Players may own more than one house and can swap / upgrade the house on their lot.

13. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I subscribe to this logic also. Any of the other suggestions I read about here could be options for the POT owner to choose to use, not thrust upon them by folks that have not paid for their POT.

14. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I thought we just did 40+ pages on this .... :rolleyes:

... that's why it's a "Player OWNED" town... they have rights as the owner. If you don't like it or trust the owner live in an NPC town.

Great in theory... but if some player decides to become an a$$ after he moves in and ignore the town rules at that point... then it's within the OWNER's right to evict him.

Again... for the millionth time... there will be a lot somewhere for the evicted player to move to in an NPC town... there will be 30% more lots than deeds... so this will never be an issue. I don't know why this keeps coming up.

Rental agreements are a great idea and many have suggested this... but your last comment about not having an NPC lot is again, incorrect. there will be a lot somewhere. see the comment above... and a all the hangouts that Port has made this very clear on. If you pick to live in a POT... that lot you could have picked in an NPC town does not magically disappear... there's still one out there for you (plus 30% more!).

15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

In a POT you own the DEED not the lot. The land in the town is owned by the POT Owner... that's what they paid for. They can evict you as that's their right since they own all the land in the town. If you are worried about this then live in an NPC town where this can't happen to you.

Senash Kasigal and mbomber like this.
  16. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

@DarkStarr or someobe can perhaps clarify what "ownership of a lot" means in this case. I suspect it is one of those "Don't Lawyer me Bro" things. All things are owned by Port after all.

17. Selene

Selene Avatar

I don't think that POT owners should be forced into keeping a person on for a certain length of time. If I were an owner (which, I am not) I would want the ability to evict a trouble maker as soon as I pleased without having to let them hang around for 30 days, bothering the other residents and driving away the GOOD tenants. By being evicted, you do not lose your deed or any of your items (which is a much better deal than in real life, frankly).

18. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

PoT Owners own the land in PoTs. Lot deeds just let you claim that land. Just like in the other parts of the game where you use the deed to claim the land but if you don't pay taxes you lose the claim.

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yay! (bonus post)

cartodude likes this.
  20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

That statement on the 30% FREE lots is at game Launch, it only says 30% more than they have sold pre launch, nowhere does it say that this will always apply.
    A post from the DEV's can clarify if this will be a continuos aim to have More FREE lots in NPC towns than are sold (add on shop) or purchased (in game gold).

rune_74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.