1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q1 2016 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Well thats what i ment with all the new sandbox rpg comming out this year which have a full budged of 30-60 Million it will be hard to get new people on the ship.
    And you see it on the sail numbers.
    By the way steam hurts the sails at the moment more than ever. A lot of people i talked to didnt wanted to buy the game at all cous of the negativ reviews until i convinced them.

Solazur and Leelu like this.
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I had hoped the poor attempt at humour would be apparent in the post you quoted. The past 3 years each had ~2.5M because they had many more weeks in the year than 2016 has yet treated us too. 2016's 40k was a result of 1 week ;)

3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Until we see who Q1 plays out and announce our Q2 plans the finality of a hypothetical mid summer wipe is a bit like Schrodinger's Cat. I know that vagueness is frustrating and for that I apologize.

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

its only really frustrating for the cat....

Leelu, Ice Queen, smack and 2 others like this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

[​IMG]

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm not frustrated by that at all.

I often feel like the same people that are frustrated by the slower than expected/desired progress of the game, are the same people that are unsatisfied with the general implementation of the game. To my knowledge there's no way to both speed up development and make major changes. So what frustrates me is people that attack the game on both fronts. It's not being done fast enough! It's not being done the way I want it done! It's not being done the exact way you said it would be done! There's no way to defend against all of these attacks simultaneously.

I just want a good game. If it takes a long time, I'm ok with that. If it's difficult to put a timeline beyond the current quarter, I'm ok with that too. If design changes have to be made, I'm ok with that. I just want a good game. And we're slowly moving towards that goal, imo.

7. agra

agra Avatar

8. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

sure but still i wished we would get hold of all this strange post on steam, its sad some times what people wirte there. and there is a difference between honest feedback and hate posts.

9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

you got it in one there. fortunately devlopers, as a class, are very good at winnowing the differences out, and even getting the honest feedback pulled out of the hate posts.

10. iansmellios

iansmellios Avatar

Is this one ever actually going to happen? I always see it on the list and then removed when it comes time for the release. Why not just put in on the list when you are actually close to having it implemented instead of getting me excited for nothing.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Never saw someone apologize for Heresy before O.O

off with his head.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  12. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I was wondering if the roving encounters also mean that we see for example deer on the overland map which we can hunt?

And another thing about roving encounters: it was said that we will also encounter gypsies and merchants as well as other NPCs. Will those NPCs really move around on the overland map with a destination so that we can meet those NPCs later in the city they were travling to?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So....by reading your plans for q1 you plan on starting work on the single player stuff in march for a release in aug?

Not many great rpg's get finished in less then 6 months, a time that will require you to finish major issues with the online side as well as fault finding etc....

Seems not very realistic.

Heradite, smack and Ice Queen like this.
  15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Maybe it's at a point where they feel they have something that would be worth trying out with solo player and have them start testing? I thought I read somewhere that they're doing internal testing for all this stuff up to now.

KuBaTRiZeS, Logain and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

It’s great we are going to get an extended schedule after reading this week’s newsletter but I have to say if things are stretched I’d rather wait a few more months and get a more polished product that will be received well because in this day and age with so many choices you only really get one chance.

However that being said, I do feel the devs will do what is right for the game and not launch early if it comes down to that.

17. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I think once there is more progress and actual movement towards the finished product, people would be more inclined to give them extra time towards the final polishing. I agree with not rushing just for the sake of it.

18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

They should definitely take their time. The developers of Gothic 3 said that they had to write the story and create the quests for Gothic 3 in six months and the game turned out to be very, very bad. They said that 6 months was nowhere near enough time they would have needed to implement the story and quests in a satisfying way.

19. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Keep on coming...just keep on coming...

By the way, when is scheduled beta or retail release?

20. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

We're still too early yet, but I'm hoping they can provide more firm info when Q2 rolls around

Ice Queen and Max. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.