1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beli

Beli Avatar

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos said:
    It's not until R12, but here are a few things to think about concerning pledge items.

1. If someone trades a pledge item, what happens during testing?
    2. Should there be a warning message when someone attempts to trade a pledge item asking if they're sure they wish to do this?​
    Until we "launch" i.e. guarantee persistence and completely stop doing wipes I would consider any trading of pledge item to be temporary until the next wipe. It is worth noting that while we will be going live for "24/7" we can't yet 100% guarantee persistence and we may have to wipe at least once.​
    [​IMG]

2. Beli

Beli Avatar

I really dont think anybody should be trading or giving away in pledge items while we are still in testing.

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

That's what I was thinking would happen too. I think it would be best that way.

4. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Important (at least to me, but I think others will want to know too) question: Does that also mean 1 dec is the end of the current pledge model? I.e. you should be at your desired level by 1 Dec? Or can we continue to increase our pledges? (If so, until when?)

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

WOW Thanks Darkstarr!!!!

6. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Awesome update. Most of the features I'm looking forward to are in Q4. The list of stuff I've quoted above are some of the features I'm most excited about.

• Cooking / Alchemy -- coincidentally these are the two crafting skills I was taking of pursuing.
    • Guilds -- looking forward to testing this and hopefully recruiting some folks.
    • Pledge -- will be good to see how this stacks up. Sure I can read the pledge list but I like to see things visually (and in the game).
    • Banks -- this is an important part of trading so I'm keen to figure out how this works and what limitations it might have.
    • Housing / Rent -- interesting that this is being included. I had assumed that no dev time would be spent on developing a rental system but we would at least get room 'keys' (some way of setting permissions and selling keys -- at least that's how it was described in the hangout). You mention property ownership now incurring a fee but that isn't actually related to the part about rental. I'm guessing that there will be a way for owners to kick tenants from a room, but the tenant's property will be automatically returned to their bank: is that correct?
    • Books -- probably the most exciting feature for me. A lot of my ideas for emergent gameplay rely upon a player's ability to create books, so I'm keen to see how this works (and provide feedback).

7. AvatarGG

Open scene, of course! If the scene is instanced, it would mean than the control point could belong to the players and the Dark Elves at the same time, which makes no sense from a story/roleplay standpoint.

8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Since we are apparently getting close to the point of persistence, I suppose this is as good a time as any to ask....

Do we have an approximate schedule for Lot Selection? It would be oh-so-nice to play 24/7 with my actual lot I'll be using at launch ;)

9. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Since we will be able to summon Liches.
    I also read Liches will be able to summon helpers, is there anyway to get a power play of a summoned liche summoning extra helpers :)?
    Maybe If Caster has X skill in Death Magic And Y points in something else the combo can happen?

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Please allow me to handicap that for you.

I think the over/under is July 15, 2015.

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Great update.
    Good to see some persistence happening even if it will be short term. Loving the housing permissions/rent the most, but looking forward to control points and stealth and more crafting/cooking/enchanting especially.
    A busy busy busy 2 months for you all !!

12. mike11

mike11 Avatar

There is a lot here, looking forward and positive.

The only concern I have is for experience and levels.

I would be happy if there where no level and just make your skill trees your levelling.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

13. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Lovely! I was really looking forward to this.
    Hopefully we will also see some more environment interactivity in future releases (maybe allow us to open crates without necessarily smashing them?).

It would be interesting to know how this will work. Will you take applications from anyone, or from a selected elite of high level pledgers, or maybe create a group of "overseers" which will then pick the translators?
    I can speak three languages, so I may be interested.

14. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Why would they limit it to "high level pledgers"? As in, what does that have to do with your ability to actually speak, understand and translate a language? =o

15. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

@Darkstarr

What about the ability to drop items on the ground, anywhere in the game?

16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Dark Elves, open scene please. Ramp up the number of elves depending on the number of players, if possible.

17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

early next year

18. DarkStarr

We are going to model what our peers over on Wasteland 2 did. More details as we get closer. As mentioned we will be "starting" it then

19. DarkStarr

haha! good point. summoned liches won't be in turn summoning more minions. that would be totally over powered.

Thanks for pointing it out!

20. DarkStarr

We have not indicated any date for the end of the current pledge model

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.