Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R20 Top 10 Annoying things

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Spoon, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

RE: 9) just type /r

2. Myoryn_Craysley

Myoryn_Craysley Avatar

Here's mine, although I point out I am not worried as I know these will be addressed in the future.

1) Load screens - Each scene at present feels so disconnected from the last. Cannot wait for cache optimizations.
    2) Lack of consequences - Oh I died, I'll just respawn repeatedly at this ankh until I eventually wear the mob down.
    3) Lack of fear & panic - see 2
    4) The disconnect between the game world and the chat window - If I'm not staring at my chat window, I often miss things being said.
    5) The unsunstainable crafting market - Nothing is lost, so why do you need to buy
    6) Random encounters - Still not offering enough variety or reward
    7) Lack of loot variety / reward - Killing super hard npc gave me 4 gold?
    8) Animations - Not all, but the likes of the cow in Owls Head
    9) Ardoris - The supposed busy and prosporous town of Ardoris (while beautiful) still feels souless and empty.
    10) Sound effect volumes - Living on a boat, with the sound of the sea and my turbine generator = insanity generator.

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

/r DarkStarr

Thanks, this falls under number 7 then, /reply doesn't work but /r does. For a game that promotes typing it seems odd to force short-hand commands on us (though I often will in the future use the shorthand). Thanks again :)

4. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

This is a major concern for me as well and I'd like a more permanent solution, but here's how I've been handling it. There is toggle to free look and I map that to "F." I walk around in free look, tap "F" to use the pointer, then tap it again when I'm done using the pointer and I'm back to free look. It's good enough to save my tendonitis, but not quite perfect.

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Thanks - the past months (many of them Jeeze) I've spent far too much time in the forums and not enough in-game. I am very relieved merging is done, everything gets a lot easier now (for me) and I can scale back a little to how I originally had intended my service :)

Re: Toggle - I would like when using that toggle to be able to manipulate the environment a la Skyrim mode then :)

6. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I don't have a list at this time, but I want to add one thing.

1) NPC vocabulary is really terrible. If you don't type exactly what they want to hear, they just go dumb. I feel like Ultima 6 had better recongition for typos and mispellings.

smack likes this.
  7. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I agree completely. I REALLY hope that we'll eventually get an alternate control scheme based on the Bethesda mold, but IF it happens, I know it won't be any time soon. This is a passable fix for the time being.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Alex_Wildeagle

Alex_Wildeagle Avatar

1. Random encounters that are empty because someone else cleared them out
    2. Needing 30 cotton and finding 2-3 plants for an instance but unable to gather anything because the area is swarmed with people gathering. Yes, I know I can go to single player mode but I shouldn't have to. I found cotton other places but the mobs wiped the floor with me

9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Specific to R20 for me:

1) Combat reach issues.
    2) Agro ranges/causes. Right now it is just "within a certain range". But I feel those skeletons lying on the ground for example should need to be disturbed before they start trying to murder you.
    3) Random encounters (they still suck but what makes them worse is...)
    4) ...loading times.
    5) Those light-pillar banners. They remind me of the base markers from Far Cry: Blood Dragon. =P
    6) Zones are a bit soulless. Most basically just feel like an area populated by some random mobs whose job is to wander around randomly until an adventurer kills them. I think each zone should have some story to it you can uncover by exploring the area. (I know the story content is coming later but I felt like mentioning it)
    7) Creature power ambiguity. So we have wolves and we have wolves. To me they all look like wolves. But they have widely varying stats and it isn't obvious until they start killing you. I think specific creatures should be consistent in terms of power.
    8) Lack of optimization. (Yes, I know we have been told to expect this later but it has been an annoyance since R1 for me =P)
    9) Sound effects are still all horrid or just not there. Although I did notice they added a swinging sign sound effect to house signs.
    10) Night Vision is still terrible. It looks like it is just a green overlay filter with a black feather effect around the edge. I like the theme of the moon magic but this spell needs to last longer and amplify the light.

Oh which reminds me...

11) No ability to dismiss spells. I'd like to be able to dismiss the light orb/night vision/etc when I no longer need it.

10. smack

smack Avatar

Hmm..right-click on the Light spell icon under your health bar and choose dismiss?

Jivalax Azon, steanne and Ice Queen like this.
  11. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

If that is actually a thing you can do they need to make it more obvious or explain it somewhere but I shall try it, thanks!

12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It's pretty common in many games but yea it works here I've dismissed that night vision spell a few times then I decided just to remove the spell it's not that good atm.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes there is a dismiss option if you right click it. I hadn't noticed it before but it has been implemented now.:)

14. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

1) All level ups to fast and easy. WAY to fast.
    2) Weapon and enemy hit box ranges are way off for Melee.
    3) General game performance is bad until time passes while entering areas.
    4) Plate Armor far to OP along with abilities that allow wearers to not have to deal with its weight and encumbrance.
    5) AI and pathing of NPCs is poor. No dynamics for pulling etc.
    6) Aggro ranges are way off.
    7) Mana/Energy bar costs for abilities absurd.
    8) The Deck..is just plain annoying and distracting.
    9) crafting mats and other things do not weigh enough
    10) lack of locks and skullduggery skills and abilities as well as other skills.

smack and docdoom77 like this.
  15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

1- Reading reviews that are just plain "made up"....
    2- Reading posts from ppl complaining about the "little stuff"...
    3- Players that really don't have any "smarts", but they claim to know what's going on...
    4- Posters that constantly "criticize" and quote "other" games as proof positive, they're right...
    5- People who are never positive, and always negative "about everything"...
    6- Hearing someone claim "it's just their opinion"...
    7- People who never played this game, but they complain about it...
    8- People who just want to argue their point...

16. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

1: No dropping items anywhere yet.
    2: Having to watch a toolbar constantly for cooldowns and card drops rather then watching the fight I'm having.
    3: The combat system in general actually. But I'm patient.
    5: Tutorial is still broken and generally unhelpful to new players.
    4: This list has numerical inconstancies.
    5: Still not enough colour saturation. Shroud of the dullatar.
    6: Uninteresting magic system (the implementation not the lore).
    7: Inability to mass murder NPC's in singleplayer and suffer the consequences until resurrection spell is learned.
    8: Monsters just seem to stand around waiting for adventurers to come along and kill them, even though they did nothing to provoke it.
    9: That's an orrery not a moondial...
    10: My elderberry bushes don't smell, thus rendering my quips meaningless.
    11: Inability to polymorph into a chicken.
    12: Unable to rob bank.
    13: No flamboyant baker underpaying me to bake his bread for him.
    14: 15 items listed in top 10.

docdoom77 and smack like this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

well at least you are open to others opinions, I'm sure this will stimulate them to discuss it with you;)

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

1. People who incessantly complain about other people.
    ;)

19. Goibniu

Goibniu Avatar

1: No dropping "any" item yet. (Why can't I put down a sword I picked up?)
    2: Sounds need to be balanced A LOT (Try standing inside a lighthouse at the side the windmill is placed... You'll hear both as if you're standing in the water, right next to the generator! A thick stone wall tends to muffle a lot of sound!)
    3: 3D sound still missing (Only get left/right, but no front/rear movement, and yes I have a *real* surround setup with multiple speakers, and it works fine, but not in SotA)
    4: No dropping items anywhere yet.
    5: No dropping "any" item yet. (Did I mention that yet?)
    6: Still not enough colour depth, esp. at night things are very dull and look like a grey mist lies over everything
    7: NPCs need broader understanding of normal conversation words
    8: Cannot decorate my home with "any" item I own yet. (Not too obvious I really want this, is it?)
    9: Load screens... Too often and too long! Why can't basements be streamed? Why can't neigbouring scenes be streamed? Why can't the /zone destination be streamed in while we're waiting for the spell to take effect?
    10: Top 10's with more or less than 10 items!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  20. Kosomok

Kosomok Avatar

1) Mob melee attack range versus mine. I can understand why the mobs have a generous range (pathing issues), but I have to stand on top of them to hit them (and they seem to constantly move backwards or maybe that is just the shield bash). Loosen up on player melee attack range.
    2) I level up way faster than I can make gold to skill up. No real value to killing most mobs (i.e. trash drops).
    3) Without meticulous collection, collecting resources takes forever.
    4) No noticeable differentiation between resource nodes in lower and higher level areas other than the difficulty in collecting from it.
    5) Dark is too dark, especially on the overworld map. Don't mind it so much on the hex maps as that has some verisimilitude WRT play behavior.
    6) Random encounter trader needs to have nifty things for sale, otherwise why bother.

Lord Baldrith and docdoom77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.