1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Ok i'm just going to lay it out from my point of view:

• Right from the start housing/land was supposed to be scarce
    • When around 70ish PoTs were sold the words from a hangout were "we are close" to the amount that would be sold
    • People have spent a lot of money on taxable deeds from the store ranging from $85 - $1050 (and those are supposed to be discounted!)
    Now what do we have?
    • Land is not scarce
    • Lots are not scarce among the active playerbase
    • Something like 4x as many PoTs were sold compared to what was originally hinted
    Now if I were a player who spent say $85 on a Row deed then a few weeks later they were being sold for $40 by players because too many had been dropped into the game......i'd be a little annoyed. If I were a player investor who pumped several thousand into the game on speculation that the price is likely to increase slightly (its supposed to be scarce afteral and those deeds in the store are discounted)......i'd be very annoyed.

Where are new players who should have been encouraged by free tickets?......if they had played the game there wouldn't have been an issue.

Bottom line is poor judgment and expectation has led to a situation where the market is flooded with the damn things. This has been a slap in the face to supporters who bought them from the store thinking they were getting a deal.........and lets face it an own goal for Portalarium because who the hell in their right mind will buy deeds from the store now? they are literally twice the price (if not more with regards to the high end deeds).

Forget all the stuff about being generous and spreading wealth etc etc etc........the game needs funding beyond Episode 1.........so I ask Portalarium or anyone else with a view.....where are all the new players after this stunt? how is Portalarium going to restore confidence back into the larger backers in order to help secure future funding?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    The Hendoman likes this.
  2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

New players are everywhere! I rented a home to a guy just yesterday and have been participating in pickup parties partying with new players more in the past three weeks than I have in the past six months. And I'll say this about a few of the deeds I won... I will claim lots and even put a house down for anyone willing to assume the taxes on a few of the spare Village property deeds I have for NPC towns. Shoot me a PM.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Kabalyero likes this.
  3. moko

moko Avatar

Pick-up-parties... Is Budner involved?

Duke Avery likes this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Was going to say, i think i touched on this in a different thread. I feel like people say theres *no new players* but.. have very little proof or backing to that? I have more and more people joining each day from other games and such, and our initial small group of 2 is now closer to 15, with new people still jumping on.

I ran around in open MMO the other day ( i have a bad habit of being in friends only entirely too much ) and noticed a non guilded, new players around sol town and resolute.. which makes me think that anything i see in open MMO is probly x4-x5 between single player and friends.

I know a lot of original people are stepping back for a while, and i think the argument might be new players might have slowed? but its a stretch between players leaving or none at all.
    (even looking at the amount on the forum theres a few posts a day of new people joining. and with absolutly no statistics to back it, i would assume its 1/5 players actually would use the out of game forums ? So i see every new player on forums as representing 5 total new )
    *shrug* i still think game is on right direction. Im still unclear about their long term plans in some areas, but with content, balancing, and the plans announced, im still excited, and altho i hit a point where solo, i kinda ran outa things to do, now that i got more and more guildies and buddies joining the game becomes more and more enjoyable.

A couple days me and a buddy will have a real guild Wiki up with actually accurate information and a ton of useless information. As well as we will start looking for new people to recruit (though just from other games we are growing decently already)

Ramble ramble, something about perspective i suppose =)

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Best proxy I have

http://steamcharts.com/app/326160

I mean if Portalarium would like to give some feedback on numbers such distinct logins over a range of time played, peak numbers for the month and also how many accounts logged in that had previously 0 time against their accounts since the final wipe.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Interesting.
    I d be willing to guess a huge turn off, is the cost of it (its on sale now, but normally) Compared to other alphas, and even the description doesnt do it much justice in Steam.
    That being said.. its got some nasty reviews which brings down its rating, making it more and more un appealing. A shame, since a lot of them are from almost a year ago, and we all know how far the game has come since then.

I bet if they were to restart on steam right now, the rating would keep it abover 75% at least, now that the games further along. But thats all just opinion based, non factual state ments from me =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.