1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

I haven't been able to get more than one of each ticket for the last 2 drawings, and again didnt get squat , nah this isnt a rigged system not at all, only those who have the most gold are getting the deeda per usual.

2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I start to believe that the *REAL* sink Port is counting on is not the raw price of tickets. That's spare change, compared to one month of rent for the lots injected in the game.

500gp * 360 row * 30 days (5.4M)
    1000gp * 180 vll * 30 days (5.4M)
    2000gp * 90 twn * 30 days (5.4M)
    3500gp * 45 cty * 30 days (4.7M)
    -------------------------------------------
    ~= 21 Mgp/month

Let's say that only half of the lots are claimed and ever paid as taxes: 10M is around the price paid for the entire first lottery.

This is a monthly charge, so it will add up to colossal amounts over time. And will increase for every lottery.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

At first I thought the deeds would break something as well, but now like with Wizards Rest we are full. Giving away POT deeds makes POT's viable in the game. I am loving the possibilities. Some have a fear of a player owned towns or dislike of the premise of them, but this gives a chance for people to see that living in a player owned town is not risky, you can move around from town to town. I spend no time whatsoever micromanaging the town, Wizards Rest is a fantastic place to be imo, but I am biased of course ;). People come and go just like in an NPC town. So filling up the POTs is a great idea. Filling up the land with place anywhere deeds that is different and I think that is something to consider. ok I am way off topic so sorry again, I'm so happy for the winners and better luck next time for those who didn't get their deed. I will of course give you a free room in the meantime, anytime. ;)

4. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

This system of lot-distribution is the worst in history of computergaming. *grats*

Playing computergames is a way to break free of RL-environments - at least it was so till SOTA. Now the RL has caught up. Many have nothing, some win 10+ lots and sell them for RL-profit. Not ingame-profit which would be understandable. And it's getting worse every patch. A tip: just keep the game at this state and don't try to get more players into your net. Damage to the reputation has been done. More could let this explode.

@Renting rooms, basement, chests ... a bad joke. No security, no safety no chance for revenge. Just a bad joke.

@POT-Owners - some are online, some are not, some are legends (it's told they have been here some day and will come back soon ... sure). Doing a contract with them which gives a new citizen some safety his house is still here tomorrow? No. Hours of decorating and the owner sells the POT and the new owner wants all cleared so he can reestablish a town of its own. I said it months ago - POTs are nice money for Porta but a pain for players.

Finally @Porta: Your FAQ is a blunt lie - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=19#faq_53

There are three ways to purchase a Lot Deed. Backers at Ancestor level and above receive Lot Deed with their pledge. Players can also purchase a Lot Deed in the game through earned in game currency. Finally players can purchase Lot Deeds from the Add-On store.

How to fix it? I said it earlier. Pay back the pledgers. Initiate a monthly fee. Turn POTs in PRTs or NPC-Towns. Wipe the landscape and restart the game. No landrush.
    Show some respect for the majority of customers and don't let you be lead by some rich guys and RL-traders. Or say what it is: a roleplay-adaption of Second Life and face the consequences.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You do understand this is your opinion as what I said was my opinion. You may not like the way it is set up but people do not lose their stuff. They may lose their time and POTs are not the problem imo. We have them, believe me I was not for them when I first heard of them coming in, but you know now I see the wonder and magic of them. Stop by sometime I would be happy to show you. Regarding security, yes true it does depend on who you interact with and security isn't fully in the game in regards to sharing with others. We do have some measures though and you can make your chest private. ;) Some things are not perfect atm but here's hoping for solutions that don't include broken promises and contracts. So as always *cheers* and I truly wish you well and also wish you all the best :)
    edited

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm pretty blown away that I won multiple deeds in this raffle. In celebration I've already claimed a city lot and started paying taxes.... Hooray!! Taxes!!!

The first raffle was crazy, but for this raffle Portalarium shored up exploits and did a ban sweep clearing the board of ill gotten gains - which to me means a bunch of raffle tickets were likely pulled back as well. I really knuckled down this month trying to understand this game as a sandbox and find my own groove. I cranked out a little over 100 tickets for this raffle and it was not easy. And something cool that I discovered along the way is that I'm not really a solo player anymore. I'm not in a guild or playing with friends... I'm el solo lobo in most ways... but without support from the community I would have never been able to earn enough gold to buy even 5 tickets. Get in the game, yo!

4EverLost, StarLord, Hornpipe and 2 others like this.
  7. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

There are players in the game selling lots they have won or bought for in game gold on Vendors. Just because you read something into the statement that was not there, or implied, does not make it false.

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Womby, Uncle Sven, 4EverLost and 11 others like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You're projecting a narrative that doesn't apply here. I'm concerned about the overall health of the game.

Fact, the design of this game is to have LIMITED housing. It's never been, and never will be to have housing for everyone. That's just the way it is, it's going to be, and should be. That's why some people paid so much money to support the game. We have more episodes to fund, and we're not going to do that if the value of what was pledged for in EP1 becomes a negative. Thankfully we're fare from that line right now, but the idea that the game has a few hundred people playing it but continuous housing being pumped out is absurd.

We should not be adding more housing to this game until we have more people to support the game by actively playing it. Until then, if someone really needs or wants a house (read: deed), I know of many players that would gladly sell them one. Many of those players are people that won a large supply using nothing but in-game gold to buy raffle tickets.

10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I won a POT city lot with my 2 tickets...I'm shocked tbh, and I don't have idea about the value of these ones.

Funny part is that I'm pretty sure I can't pay the taxes so I'll start looking for a good trade.

Congrats to all winners!!! o_O

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Congrats to all winners!

Hornpipe likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Trying to pay taxes earning the cash is difficult for players who don't play enough to earn the cash. Check vendors for COTO, it is far less hassle to pay that way. On a village lot 2 cotos will pay your rent for the month for example. So I understand wanting a smaller deed ;) Congrats again everyone.

13. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

You can use it as a smaller lot and pay the rate of that size of lot

Womby, Moiseyev Trueden, moko and 4 others like this.
  14. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Thank you for trying to lump all of us POT owners into one basket. o_O Although I own a metropolis, I have not actively sought players to claim lots in my town as of yet. I have been in the process of laying the town out and adding features. I have ripped up everything in my town 6 total times to get it like I wanted it,I didn't go thru all that trouble for nothing and it never affected one lot. I do play every day,just like many town owners do. Yes, I have been in some POT's that have a town crier and a banker and that is all. But that being said, many of us are here daily,we don't remove claimed lots on a whim, and our towns are not for sale. :)

Elwyn, Vrunk Hrrk, Womby and 5 others like this.
  15. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Didnt know that, thanks!

16. Silis

Silis Avatar

17. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Okay folkies, just wanted to be clear about something about the "richest players" who dominated this lotto. I clocked in at #4 on the most deeds won, and I wanted to share:

1) I didn't buy the gold and I came in as a First Responder pledge (i.e., cheap seats.)
    2) My game play didn't start until the final wipe went in, everything I learned was learned since then.
    3) All my gold earned in game was a result of game play, either by farming/grinding with a *single* account and selling items on my *non-commission free bought in-game trader* and *public traders*.
    4) I have not devoted my life to playing this game.
    5) I'm not affiliated or connected to Portalarium in any way, never attended a function, and not particularly well connected. All the research on this lotto was done using these forums and the announcements.

Now, that being said, I can say this: don't bet against Lord British and Portalarium. Those who avoided this lotto on some principal of expecting to be screwed were wrong, really wrong. In fact, Portalarium did many things to ensure the lotto was perfect-- they banned exploiters, they did -not- announce the odds in order to keep the likelihood of new players to get new deeds, and they did not heavily advertise the drawing like they did in R33 to keep interest down which benefits the new players. If this were "rigged", I would have been most certainly the target.

These moves were predicted and observed in advance of the drawing, which is one of the reasons I went all-in on the lotto. I am quite impressed by the fact that Portalarium did put the end-player first and did the opposite of "cater to the rich players." This was clear to me even before the drawing.

I'm sure there are those that will disagree, but if you look at the numbers the few players that did better than I- they did not do so by a huge amount, which means they probably could have crushed me if there was that much wealth in the economy.

And I bet you are wondering what happened with my winnings? As with my previous lotto winnings, half the deeds donated to the guild to support the POT we live in, and to the players who want to enjoy the game. One deed was sold at Owl's Head. The rest are TBD. :)

Sincerely,

Datendrache / Engineer

18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

As for myself, I did not expect to win so much deeds.

But when I spent close to 350 000 gold coins, I only had 3 things in mind :
    • sell the biggest deeds to get a good tax free one with store credits, as I'm looking for a POT city lot deed and 3500 gold coins a day is too much for me,
    • find an arrangement with my guildmates in need, those who don't have deeds at all,
    • give some of the smallest to @Sara Dreygon after ensuring that she distributes to those who need them most.
    All that I won, I did not get it with my pledge rewards or some extravagant wealth.
    Actually, I owe it all to my efforts, the help of my friends and "some" (well educated lady language off/a fucking bunch) of those guys :

[​IMG]

I'm not looking for congratulations : it's against my religion :D. But everyone should try to be a little more objective.

Maybe the raffle is not the best way to grant houses to anyone, but as @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos stated, it was not expected that everyone has a land. The amount of deeds is limited, as it was planned to be (the non instanced footnotes). There are ways to live in New Bitannia as a homeless. I did that several days and others do that very worthily.

19. Selat

Selat Guest

We have nice graveyards and plenty of resources to have a good time, i just want the freedom to use items, like a sleeping bag, in any place.
    The chance to make a temporary camp, portable stations to buy at the store, and live as a classy beggar, making some alchemy in the sewers. :D

Keeping a house is too expensive... my money is consumed because of crafting.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Really? I takes like an hour of grinding to get the gold for a POT raffle ticket.. youve had a month.
    The people that won a lot are once again people that put a ton of time in it, especially with groups/friends.

Not to mention there was a ton of free bee tickets with major winners.

Also the next raffle is much much much smaller (they posted details before)

Congrats to the winners! This was the last big one, hope anyone who tried actually got something =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.