1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Exactly. Good luck, to those style entrepreneurs. I am a worst case style player...I don't ever want to put my stuff at risk to the possibility of being stolen by a landlord or another renter. It can be inconvenient but one can easily live out of the bank as a regular player instead of risking what little you might have.

Hopefully, they get the Magic Mover system established so that if that happens to someone they can relocate a put their house back as it was before. I'm not sure their are many examples of what your alluding to...so far, some owners like myself waiting to get serious on running them until Portalarium get's serious and puts in a few things like the in the entrance relocation tool thing, Magic Mover system, and stops spitting out new tweaked Biomes - so I can settle on the ones I want.

V/R Brickbat

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Well first off (on page one) I'm suggesting that they stop these raffles entirely until we have a larger population. That would create a larger pool of people that could "win" and therefore create less opportunity for individuals and groups of people pooling resources. Just like it does in the real world when people play the national lotteries.

But the idea that you can win multiple times is really stupid because it has an adverse impact on the game. No one is happy when Lord Housing gets 50 houses in the raffle and 10 in the second (except for Lord Housing). If they would've made it so you can enter as many times as you want but you can only win once, that would've at least made it less in your face that the same person was winning everything. It's really a bad distraction though. Here they gave out a free ticket to anyone that didn't have a lot already, and some of the same people gamed it successfully.

It's not right. It needs changed. But more importantly it needs a larger population to improve the collective odds.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Then let them pay taxes on 20 the houses ?

You bought your deed with cash, so of course you don't care. But Portalarium assured us we'd be able to obtain the deeds we wanted in game with gold. Give me a reason to think your interest in stopping raffles has less to do with spreading the wealth around and more to do with increasing the value of your deed.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

They're selling them.

The value of housing is driven by the limited nature of housing. Regardless of my personal inventory, that impacts everyone.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Let them sell them, then. People who need them and didn't win the raffle will buy them. Someone who doesn't have a lot of money in the game can still raise the gold necessary to participate in the raffle. And a rich guy who puts a lot of money in can lose it.

Meanwhile, if we do what you want, gold prices for deeds will continue to go up, since they'll become more scarce, and they'll become more unobtainable by the average player.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Oh yes, and that's forgetting the rich guy who has alt accounts and can get raffle tickets using them.

7. Drocis the Devious

Limited means limited. They're supposed to be scarce.

The devs always said that they would release additional housing based on DEMAND, not just cause. They're not doing that. We have fewer people playing the game and yet we're still releasing housing. It's insane.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Okay, then your point is about scarcity and value and not fairness to poor players.

9. Drocis the Devious

If that were the case, then the entire game design would be about that because we've always had a game design of limited and scarce housing. Where have you been?

Not everyone is supposed to have a house. Not everyone is supposed to be able to upgrade. Not everyone is supposed to have the same thing. This isn't WOW where nothing matters.

And btw, poor is a relative term in this game. I have a row lot deed that I'm selling for in-game gold on the vendor in my POT and it's been there for a month. No one's bought it. During that time someone spending a modest amount of time playing the game could've saved up enough to buy it.

Housing is not supposed to be free though, it's supposed to be possible.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well, don't make it sound like your issue is fairness, if it really is value. It muddies the discussion.

Everyone who wants to work for a home, or an upgrade, is supposed to have a path to earn it; that's also part of the game design. And in any case, as far as the game design is concerned, the real issue, over the lot deed cost, is housing space. NPC space is limited, POT space is more but still limited. In an ideal simulation, all that mattered would in fact be the space. You pay for the location. The lot deeds are just an expensive piece of paper.

I don't know how much you're selling your row deed for, but over the last three months the game has been live I'm suspecting someone who has played a modest amount could have earned the gold if they wanted it.

11. Drocis the Devious

Making housing limited and rare is about fairness.

You have a path, it's called go to my POT and buy it for in-game gold. Go to the marketplace and buy it for store credit or in-game gold or cash.

Housing is limited. It can't be what you're asking it to be.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm not asking the devs to change their plans... you are. Raffle planned for R35, but they're decreasing the amount of deeds for grab.

13. Drocis the Devious

I'm saying after R35 they should stop the raffles until we get more people and more demand.

They shouldn't put more housing into this game until we have like 1000 additional active players.

I will bet you that 75% of the people playing this game right now have a home.

E n v y likes this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I bet there are more Lot Deeds in the game now than active players........a lot more.

The Hendoman and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  15. Drocis the Devious

I'm not against people getting homes. I totally realize that people that have homes are probably more likely to be retained, and that's a great thing.

But if our path to success revolves around screwing anyone that pledged for a home, we've already failed. The game has to be good enough (and I believe it is) to have limited housing, and we can't have limited housing if we're constantly giving multiple homes for 10k gold a pop to the same people in stupid lottery raffles every month. It just can't work.

16. jalinda

jalinda Avatar

2 raffles and no winners for me :(

Oh well

17. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I suggest they give everyone a lot-deed. I'm fed with guys who have lots in abundance calling out to stop the raffles and limit the lots. Why? Because they can press out more RL-money of silly beginners. Hand over a lot for everyone. Some place to call home. To decorate. To start living in this world. A living in the bank has no worth. And stop listening to guys who fear for their RL-marge ...

Celthon likes this.
  18. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The effect of raffle tickets have help reducing the cost of the deeds overall. My guild has been able to help several players obtaining POT row lot deeds because of this. So far, it still cost even less than if the players were to buy the lot deed from the in-game NPC using the price before final wipe.

At this point those who think they can speculate the market by buying up stuff from add-on stores or pledges should know that they are most likely not gonna make money out of this. If you just want to make money out of this game, better just put money on the hedge fund instead. Nowadays I would just spent real money on what I would use in game for myself/friends/guild mates or resale for in-game gold through player vendor rather than hoping the items will magically have crazy increase in value. In order for that to happen, we're gonna need a lot more people than the availability of the goods. Guess what make people more likely to stick around the most? Housing!

Kara Brae likes this.
  19. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

got a pot row woo hoo!!:p

majoria70, Celthon and Duke Avery like this.
  20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Anyone playing the game seriously can sum up the gold to buy a house in game. Even if its a ton of rich people winning in the raffle like some claim (even tho if you look at the winner list, the multi winners are always the heads of large guilds pooling).
    This raffle might have stuck a tad to many deeds out there, but that would be the reasoning behind the drastic decrease on the next raffles.

I mean, ive not invested a dollar into the store outside of my original purchase, and my group still managed to do well in the raffle. This led to my guildmates all having a place.
    My largest concern is they over flood the market with housing, destroying the value of them. Reality is even right now they are selling row house deeds for what? 50-100k on the market place? Even if it takes a solo player 2 weeks to come up with that, thats pretty reasonable.
    Anyone can act like its absolutly impossible to get that kind of money in game, but its really, really ,really not. It isnt hte most EXCITING thing to do, but its not that challenging at all.

*i suggest they give everyone a lot deed .. etc etc*
    No. Anyone actually trying to get one can. In game gold, or real money. Why destroy value by handing out to people not willing to put the time or effort into getting something?

Such an absolute obbssesion in these forums for adding the Instant win/Easy button.

Seriously. If your new, or been playing for a few weeks and are under the impression getting gold is impossible, and that the game is 20 rich people controlling everything, hit me up. Ill easily show you some simple ways to turn time into gold.
    Let someone run 20 houses. The taxes they pay is a massive sink. And if they are buying that gold, or collecting from guildmates, it keeps the value of gold up by adding more into a sink. The only way those houses might profit them is if they are renting it out.
    Or with the new agriculture. In which case the timing on the water is to counter that. If your willing to harvest water for 8 hours, then yea you can counter some of the rent costs. *shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.