SotA Dressing now to shy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I say lets follow the traditional Scottish women clothing line! Sexy!

[​IMG]

Keira, The One, Time Lord and 5 others like this.
  2. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

Decades ago, I learned something about life during inspections in basic training: if someone is looking for something bad, they enjoy finding something bad, and become resentful if you don't give it to them. Ie, I would always leave the same un-ironed shirt at the front of my closet, which would be immediately picked up and throw onto the floor, I'd get given some minor duty and they'd move on. Meanwhile, my room mates would be getting their whole kits torn apart, upended, turned inside out and thrown out the windows. The harder the sergeants had to look, the worse it ended for them... and they would always find something.

It's the same with the Professionally Offended. They want to be offended as it empowers them to grab the pitchforks, form a mob and have a good old fashioned rage. They enjoy the action, being the centre of attention, having their walks and drum circles, what have you. If you take this away from them, they will resent it and keep digging till they do find something to rage over. And when they do, it'll be far worse (elf genocide?)

TLDR; Throw in a plate mail string bikini and let them have their fun.

docdoom77, Lana Rhiane, Jackx and 5 others like this.
  3. Silkmist

Silkmist Avatar

As others have said I do hope the dress options are in keeping with the game setting. Nothing ruins role play more than a bunch of teenage boys running around as woman wearing the closest thing they could find to a g-string bikini, you know they will if they can!

We might be mature 30+ year olds but once the game is live it won't stay that way...

Julz, Caliya, Kuno Brauer and 4 others like this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I think once we get some options then this wont be an issue. I im liking the gypsy style people have shown pics for mostly here. I am not for elves really but have contributed towards the stretch goal as the mage outfit is the only thing i have seen so far let alone like that i would wear. Im hoping there will be a good deal of clothing we can make in game and im sure we can then see some inspired mash ups.
    Basically more choice, which im sure we will get will allow folk to express themselves without taking their clothes off.

Caliya, Kuno Brauer, Hardy and 2 others like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s/player-town-city-area-specific-items.12511/
    Dev+ thread for discussion listed above :rolleyes:

I believe it's important to se what collectively we have been coming to reason with our clothing issue;

I'm a Yin-Yang composer of my thought to reality, so I try and push each side to their extreme in order to create contrast for better creative thought in creative future community outlook. In short, "we must first clash before we can see true contrast".

What others have finally eluded to here is that, we are talking about what will come first and become the standard for which other more fad and flashy content could provide a better value in. If you have everything al at once, then there is nothing to look forward to. If you place out the conservative first, then you provide a fashion stage for future rage, fad and flare fashion to be better presented on for it's true value as "fad and flare", because without the conventional, there can be no un-conventional or non- conventional. There must first be a dull colorless cloth, for anything of any art to be placed on to become noticed by the many.

We are now in the Alpha and will be publicly released in our Beta and will be a game that is constantly I renewal. Yet, we are in a time now, where I believe that certain fashion designs should become reserved for each of our Player Towns and Potalarium Towns, so that those could become an outfit that can only be fashioned within it's borders. Such an "Area Specific Outfit" could see the popularity of such places rise in cultural meaningful ways.
    "If we do not do this and act upon this now, we could loose this special chance in our history forever!" :rolleyes:

Such a thing as this could encourage our New Britannia Tailors to be able to not just sit at home and sew any garment, but to develop a sort of tailor quest with each new creation of combined garments that they are wishing to sell as a set, which could lead our tailoring community to develop real quests that are specific to the art of tailoring, yet also lead the way for other crating professions to follow with area specific crafting of their own with quests to follow.

Can you imagine a shirt that you can only make while in Owl's Head, or a pie that could only be crafted in Paxliar, or a style of armor chest plate that could only be made in Beran's Reach?
    "Such things as these in our real world, are how trade routes were born" :rolleyes:

Please let's discus this idea and help our New Britannia be something truly new with all our crafts and skills.
    For the People of our New Britannia and by the people of our New Britannia...
    Thank You All For Your Input!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I snipped the rest to avoid another wall of text.

Yes, but what has sexual repression to do with clothing?

Nothing.

There are naked statues all throughout Europe. People accept nudity there and it's not censored like in the US. There are nude beaches everywhere too.

During that period of time, just as today, there were dignified ways to dress. Or not. You took your own reputation in hand by how you dressed. Look at today's Hollywood - they all try to make some statement by how they dress on the red carpet.

Clothing has always been a discussed issue. And while the Queen may have paraded nude for portraits or in front of certain people, you would not see her parading in public this way.

Come on.

I'm all for diversity, but I'm definitely not for extremes.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

I agreed with everything in your post but take a bit of exception to this statement. There are women who get little to no attention in real life, but the minute they drop their clothes in a game, they get all kinds of attention.

Personally, I prefer to use my personality rather than my attire to make a statement. ;)

Lana Rhiane and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think it would be nice if they had an option to color the underwear during chr creation. ;)

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Looks like something my grandma would wear :eek:

10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

How old is she !! You must be 100+ by that picture. Good long life genes in the Baldrith family!

11. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ah pretty young like 87ish :p

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

13. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I think there should just be a slider client-side. You could go from puritan to Sodom and Gomorrah at will and no one would have any idea of what a freak or how uptight you are.

Khloec, Hardy, Myrcello and 3 others like this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Jackx

Jackx Avatar

I find myself liking this thread. My vote would also be for more diversity, so that people can wear whatever they want to - be it fully covered or loincloth.

I like the idea of different layers that can be put together to form whatever outfit they desire, that would leave players with a lot of choices. If the devs would also keep stats and looks seperate, people would have free choice in how they look. Otherwise I may be forced to wear said chain metal bra just because it has nice stats -and ain't nobody be wantin'that...

Lana Rhiane, majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  16. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Good thread. More choice is always good in regards to player appearance and role play.
    Thanks for diversifying hair and letting men and women all equip all kinds of clothing.
    Let's keep it up :D

Lana Rhiane, majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I'm for a clothing store!

sure there could be some common and in game that look nice, yet our online store could sell exclusive clothing and become very successful at funding our game. "The Sims" if a fine example of how successful that can be in funding content as well as keeping our Portalarium staff all employed after the major game graphic work's been done.

Some will not like this idea because of some personal hang up about selling things that don't come with or not included in our game... yet "WE NEED $$$"! and not because we're suffering from lack of it, "But because it Helps Fund All the Very Cool Content of Our Game"!

So my vote will always be, "More Cloths on the clothing Racks Please" and create some that is from Walmart prices and some that is at Neiman Marcus prices. We should also have our Tuxedo & Ball Gown options there as well as our Victoria Secrets & Speedo lines of clothing there for everyone to purchase and enjoy.

"So you think that Bikini is to flashy for the game?" then think of a price tag high enough to allow it to be there ;)
    "The new SotA Neiman Marcus Maximus Bikini"
    On Sale Now in Our SotA Add On Store for Only $200.00...!
    [​IMG]
    How difficult was it to make that $$$$$? o_O
    While also limiting it's distribution because of it's price tag ;)

18. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

But, does it come with the model attached ?

Or is there a chance I could see some male character wandering around in that ? :p

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Similar styles, from vastly different cultures" ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of these buildings is Scandinavian, and the other is Thai...
    Maybe we can find such clothing that would lend it style to multiple styles?
    I know when creating anything of clothing it does take graphic designing $
    So, maybe there are ways in which our first clothing line offered in game, can be multi-purpose?
    Just a thought that could gain us more diverse fashion more early that could please everyone :)
    Any thoughts? o_O

20. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I found another wonderful "Archery" female uniform that may fit into all our tastes.

Not to much revealing i hope all agre, but it is a of course a short dress as a archery lady might need ot be agile and still may enjoy drawing attention out of battle to the wonderful legs. Poor males not watching out for the arrow coming.
    Also i would imagine long boots to it.

[​IMG]

Take care.

And of coursed for fairness i look up some not to shy male stuff. We all know that the "Barbarian" word stands for more ore less this type of armors:

[​IMG]

If you have a berserker skill - you do not care of armor . :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.