Stream sniping?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Saladid, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't follow that logic. If someone is performing an act that is not in-game, it should be handled and managed out of game. We wouldn't ask the players to handle people that hack the game. We would ask the developers to stop them from hacking the game, and if needed to ban people.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I do not see it as a out of game thing. Saladid also could ban people from watching his twitch. Maybe that's a compromise.

Adam Crow likes this.
  3. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

TRUE.
    Any game that you pvp and stream live to your opponent gives your opponent the advantage.

4. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Why do you keep comparing criminal acts with non criminal non rule breaking ones?

5. Drocis the Devious

Before there were rules, these were non-criminal and non-rule breaking acts.

That's the whole point of this discussion. Should stream sniping be against the rules?

Saladid likes this.
  6. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

From the response of the thread you think it should? It cant be enforced AND SHOULD NOT why then try and enforce it? I know of no pvper that would abide it if given a reason to want to gank the guy or just for the hells of it.

7. Drocis the Devious

I know of plenty of pvpers that don't stream snipe as a general rule - yes even the people that they dislike. I'm one of them.

But what's more important is that there's a rule so people can't say "there's nothing in the rule book that says a dog can't play basketball!" That's step number one. Because if it's a rule, it's a lot more likely people will follow it.

8. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

Delusional, yes there are people who dont stream snipe but I am betting you those that do would still do it even if there was a rule since you cant enforce it. This is going in circles here so I am just going to vote hell no, never ever with this hndholding carebare ruleset :)

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks everyone for your feedback here on how you feel about Stream Snipping. It's something we know can happen in any game with varying levels of acceptance by the community depending on the game. We 'Stream Snipe' by showing up and cheering players on when they don't expect it, so there's a more positive view of the mechanic :).

At this time we will not be moderating Stream Sniping. However, abuse against players in other forms such as griefing players while they decorate their homes, verbal attacks and public slander, all will continue to not be tolerated.

I recommend that if anyone has a concern about being in an in-game PvP situation and vulnerable while streaming, that they either do not stream, or limit their stream to a delay or other mitigation measures.

Dollar, Malimn, Market and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.