The dancing tease

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Moiseyev Trueden, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I didn't even think about the actual use of it as a game play element. Actually having emotes have a purpose beyond just the random social interaction aspect. Find a Kobold (or someone that's watched them) to learn the dance and then get a disguise. That would provide a non-violent way to possibly complete a quest. Great idea. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement... but again that's for the devs.

8^)

FrostII, Spoon, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Man I haven't heard that song in forever. Great find. And yeah, you can just see the overwhelming "enjoyment" of the women in the cooking pots. Its like they aren't excited about being cooked and eaten. Go figure.

majoria70 and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

oh oh can we have drum circles too/nods.... dancing around the fire, too much like real events in the SCA/would be so nice to do ingame too!!! Tourneys and jousting.... such fun!

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi all I call for a bump for this thread. You'll see conga line has been mentioned. I'm all for some graceful and interesting dancing.

So for me I am anxious to see more dance styles come in. If you read the thread I don't like our dances as i may have mentioned before please majoria does not 'jig'. I watch the jig and it continues on and on and on and on. I want some graceful moves, some swaying back and fourth, some smooth moves, interesting movement. Not to criticize what we have, it is fine for an occasion and really great that our characters can be rigged to do suchmovements, but it is definitely not an all purpose dance and only my opinion does get on my nerves after awhile. Perhaps I am just grumpy, but oh well it is just an opinion and doesn't mean anything is wrong, just keeping the ideas alive. I just request something else for dances, more choices as in character development getting love and some choices and individuality for us. I will do dance #3 forever if no other dance comes in since I love it. It always makes me smile no matter how many times I see it. Now that is style and interesting, well to me.;) So who says we cannot waltz line dance also;)

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How did I not discover this thread until this eve?
    Thx for the bump majoria, and for my stumbling over it - so to speak....

Let me say that it has been so gratifying for me to see so many of you feeling exactly like I do about adding more interactivity between people, and dancing is just so damn natural.... Music and dance is how we've always expressed ourselves to each other as individuals, in so many personal ways.... As comrades, as friends and beyond... ;)

There are so many good ideas here... But alas, it's late for me - I'll revisit tomorrow...

Excellent topic, wonderful ideas ! Bravo ! :)

One last thing -
    In the present case, LeFou is simply mistaken........:p

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oh, almost forgot something I wanted to add.
    @lollie
    If you or someone else hasn't done so already, would you please create a thread on your idea below - it's something that I've been thinking about for the longest time - and you stated it so beautifully:
    And if you do that, could you please include a request to have a small is fine little round dot up at the top of the screen that tells us immediately, the following, based simply on it's color -
    Blue for (your mood after too many hours in) Single Player.
    Magenta for (how your mood changes in) Multiplayer. (It is sooooo tedious to have to exit back to login to find that out)......

Since we're both lookin' for a bit of UI love here..........................................:cool:

7. Selene

Selene Avatar

I definitely think the dances in game could use some love. Clearly dancing is engrained in this game. How do we celebrate a new release? A dance party. We've made impromptu conga lines.... we dance with our friends while enjoying in game events. I think it would be great if there was partner dancing. It could open a window like a trade window, so both partners could consent and determine who will lead and which dance. A separate dance UI would be great for showing off.. A list of simple moves... step right, clap, kick, turn that you could click in order or preset and macro. (This would cut down on emote spam at events, too, if these effects were purely visual). I think if we have functional instruments that we can play , the next step really is dancing to go along with it.

8. Albus

Albus Avatar

I like the idea of being able to control moves during a dance, rather than just a simple /dance emote. If added, I'd be curious to see what sorts of events might make use of or be based off such abilities. Professional dancers touring Novia at judged competitions for gold and such? Careful in touring those pvp towns though, a few extra moves might be thrown in to the routines ;)

9. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I would love to see more sync when everybody dances. My wish would be that if I target someone dancing and type /dance it would sync with this person, especially for dance3.

Second wish would be longer dance animations which are not bound to one spot so we move around each other. I don't think there is a need to make couple animations if we are able to sync ourself. It needs a little training and will not always look perfect but nicer at now will it look anyway.

Group dances would be really cool. /dance3group where you start with everyone on the same time in a group. How awesome would that be

10. Beli

Beli Avatar

just like group music , there was group dance in SWG, the leader of the group typed the command for what dance and synced the group to all start at once.

11. Net

Net Avatar

I would love for dances (and other animations) to allow us rotate with Q and E so we can face people who we dance with.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  12. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Avatar

My absolute favorite event to do in Second Life was ballroom dancing. And all those animations were player made.

Hugs and holding hands would be nice too.

as far as congas go, if we could move we could follow each other.

13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

While dancing (and with other emotes) if you click on someone you will turn to face them without exiting the emote.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It might have been already mentioned, i haven't had the time tonight to read all the post, but we could have a dance hotbar, and put in various 'moves' and click like we do in combat. Maybe it could be a fixed hotbar, and the more we drink it becomes more random, thus harder to achieve a series of moves, just like in real life :)

majoria70 and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  15. Net

Net Avatar

I think this was removed for R17 and seems to be still missing.

majoria70 and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Time for this thread to come back, It is a fun thread and no new dances yet, so just trying to keep the idea alive.;)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ok @The Devs, time to resurrect this thread. We need a little slow dancing and swaying in SOTA like now lol j/k No jigs for majoria. Even if the characters can't touch, they could look a bit like slow dancing. I'm sure you'll find a way eventually for us, but it doesn't have to be right this second, just a BIG remeinder lol;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  18. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Doubly so as we are now getting more instruments and player music in game, it would be nice to dance to the music.

Miracle Dragon and majoria70 like this.
  19. Selene

Selene Avatar

Yes, please! Dancing is one of my favorite things to do whenever there is a non-combat in-game event. Heck, we even have a dance party for every new release... New dances would be great!

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Beli and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.