Why It's Good To Be A Victim

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Zifnab Strongarm, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

As Atlaua so rightly points out... a pretty hefty percentage of those you consider "PvEers" are not actually avidly anti-PvP, we just see it differently (and less favorably) that the avid PvPers... but just because we are not avid PvP, doesn't mean we can't/shouldn't have input into the PvP threads, as it very well might mean you having more people to PvP with....

Hasn't this been discussed about a million times already...?

Xandra7 and Joviex like this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

well from what ive read in the PVP forums PVE players want nothing to do with it! Thats all I've been seeing!

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

OK Atlaua ill give you a FREE PASS this time! You have a point! See how much more brightness you've brought to the forums with those colors! :)

Atlaua (MGT470) likes this.
  4. Owain

Owain Avatar

With Selective MultiPlayer, why should that matter? No one is going to force PvE players into PvP, and no one is going to force PvP Players into PvE.

Most threads like this revolve around PvP players saying how great UO was because of the open PvP, and around PvE players saying how terrible UO was because of the open PvP, and as far as that goes, terrific. UO was great for people who thought it was great, and terrible for people who thought it was terrible. We get it.

It doesn't apply to SotA. Let's just consider things that are applicable to the game at hand, and we won't have threads spinning out of control. If you don't like PvP, don't select it. If you want PvP, go for it.

It's as simple as that. Why complicate the issue?

Isaiah, blaquerogue and NirAntae like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im afraid SoTA is going to kill off PVP, by not making it much of a risk! Leaning towards the non-pvp people! That have no idea what pvp really is!? The loses the wins, ups and downs. Yes i hated the pkr that killed me when i was chopping wood to make things ( i mean all i had was logs on me! and crappy leather armor!), but i learned in the process how to deal with that! I moved to a different location to chop wood. After that i worked on my fighting skills, then i went after those PKrs! To me it is personal! The Pk'r made me a pkk'r! They taught me well! I found people with similar situations, at 20 people we decided to make a PK Killer guild and we got our vengeance! We destroyed them! The best part of the whole growing up in UO (i know its not UO) before trammel, was seeing those same PKrs that killed us over and over, finally running from us! That was the pay off, and that's what will be missing! The purpose and feeling behind the PVP.

NZIGNANTI likes this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

They won't kill off PvP.

I think it will be a lot like you describe, for the people that opt in to PvP.

I'd bet you won't even notice that some folks are playing PvE.

OSullivan likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think its because we are bored! and we dont have the game out yet! I also believe everyone is so clueless to what actually will become of the game in general, and were on edge to find out! Im here because it goes good with my morning coffee!:)

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Did you just say Leet Speak!?? Im doomed now, i guess since i understand what you wrote! That's what happens when you are the father of a teen! you have to learn their talk! So you can see what they are texting and typing to their friends! by the way PLOS - means parent looking over shoulder!

OSullivan likes this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Haha. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

im learning still so bear with me!

11. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

You sir are not reading and comprehending what you read. I did not say I was not challenging your opinions, I said I am not trying to make you feel bad or even personally attacked. My goal is to challenge you to look inward toward your motivations and the relative merits of them. I of course also give my own opinions. I am neither inconsistent nor contradictory. However I do admit my limitations and lack of perfection. I also know my strengths. :)

12. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

So, in summary, the message to people who are not PvP/PK oriented should keep their mouth shut and go some where else as it is impossible to have a meaningful conversation if you are not a PvP/PK supporter? Just trying to clarify the message is all :)

Lord Gréagóir and Ned888 like this.
  13. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

The above and all the other posts just like it are what lure in PvE proponents and cause them to respond to PvP threads. If you don't want responses to your posts, the only thing to do is stop posting on a public forum.

NirAntae likes this.
  14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This happens in full PvP games too, there will always be some methods to use some other mechanic to avoid getting killed in PvP. It's not just PvE players that do it.

Yes, a slider is one more mechanic to worry about, but how about we give the devs a chance to make the slider before we veto the idea and demand segregation. It is possible they have designs what will make this form of cowardice painful.

Ever wonder why games have a log out delay? It's an answer to players using the log out mechanic to avoid a negative action, that's both PvE and PvP.

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So i cant post my opinions in here or my stories, but you can!?? You can respond as much as you want to PVP forums! Even though you seem to lean more towards PVE! Its quite clear your not for PVP full loot losing everything from all of your responses! We get that! but this is a PVP forum isn't it! Or at least in the PVP part of the forums! It wasn't under PVE forums! No one is making you come to these forums! Are they?

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

But if a PVE player comes to PVP land to try it out, they are still PVE trying out PVP, and still may have bit off more than they can chew! I would suggest they go to PVP land, with a PVP friend for a little more security and protection! I never vetoed it just said it could be a problem! I am waiting to see what comes of the "sliderbarthingy" and i am giving the Dev's a chance to see if it works, but in the mean time it is one of the worries of PVP people, that PVE may start some crap with a PVPr and bolt out of PVP and yell "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo you cant get me! So hopefully there will be a timeout count down before they can just jet from a fight they asked for! That would be my point there!

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not everyone that wants to traverse between PvE and PvP are unskilled at PvP. Look at Owain, he will be PvEing with his wife as she does not want to PvP.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im not saying there shouldnt be an option to not choose pvp, just pointing out what could happen, and i wasn't saying all PVE people are unskilled, but I'm assuming if you want to "try it out", that you have never PVP'd! Otherwise there would be no "Trying out" PVP you'd already know what it was about! Am i right?

19. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

That's not what I said. You commented earlier that you didn't understand why PvE players felt the need to comment on PvP threads. I showed you why and now you know. Please try not to throw a tantrum, it's very unbecoming.

NirAntae likes this.
  20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

And you are assuming they will exploit that mechanic to avoid getting killed and you are implying that only those type players are going to that.

It's no different than saying "I don't rez kill" You might not, but some will. Lets remove the ability to rez people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.