Steam Access Keys Now Available for All SotA Backers
SotA will launch on Steam Early Access on November 24, but we’ve made Steam Access Keys immediately available to all our backers as part of their basic pledge rewards! Once you’ve redeemed your Steam Access Key you’ll have the option of playing SotA either with the Steam client or the regular client (or both). Here are the instructions for redeeming your Steam access key and installing the SotA client (if you prefer a video walk-thru check out the Mad Hermit’s Steam video guide):
1. If you are not currently a backer of SotA you will need to purchase a pledge. Click here for more information about our pledges.
2. Log into SotA and go to your Account page (or look on the right side-bar of the main page)
3. Scroll to the bottom of your account page (or look on the right side-bar of the main page) and you’ll see a box on the right side labeled “Play SotA through Steam”. Click on the link that reads “…click here to redeem an access key by signing in through Steam!
7. Scroll to the bottom of your account page and you’ll see “Play SotA through Steam” box now states that your Steam access key has been redeemed, and displays the Steam Account it is associated with.
8. You will need to launch your Steam desktop client to see Shroud of the Avatar in your Steam Library (because SotA is not yet available in the Steam Store to the general public, it will not show up in your library if you view your Steam account through a web browser)
10. Follow the Steam installation instructions and once the download is complete you will be able to launch SotA from Steam.
Let us know if you have any problems and thanks for helping us test the Steam client in preparation for launching SotA on Steam Early Access on November 24th!
The Mad Hermit’s Video Guide to Install and Play on Steam
Check out this video guide the Mad Hermit put together to walk you through the process of redeeming/installing SotA on your Steam account.