Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Lord British Birthday Double XP Weekends
- Release 55 on QA Server
- Custom Avatar Head now Lord Forged Items
- Custom Static Player Owned Towns: Discontinued
- Company Status
- (SPOILER) POT Row Lot Deed Reward for Completing Story (R55)
- NPC Submission Requests: Brittany Alleys (extended to R56)
- Lord British Birthday Game Sale: $19
- Weekend Flash Sale: Basements
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Royal Gardeners Wanted! New Decoration Contest
- AERIE Fund – 24-hour Streamathon, Primal Nature – June 23
- Win a Pair of SOTACON 2018 Tickets!
- Relics by Rild on Meretz: Win Shroud Swag!
- Project to Support: Portrait of Scottie for Shroud of the Avatar
- Resources: Players Helping Players
The Making of The Obsidian Trials
We are polishing various aspects of our combat and PVP systems in preparation for the upcoming Castle Defense Scenarios feature. This includes making areas of PVP engagement where no ransom items drop, where grouping rules can be controlled (on/off), having death remove you from the scene until the scene restarts, new currencies/merchants/rewards for PVP scenarios, and better overall physical spaces for PVP. To that end we have created a combat area where we can iterate on these systems over the next several releases called The Obsidian Trials. It will be where we implement, test, and polish various systems to improve and enhance our combat and PVP systems so that they can be expanded to support Castle Defense. In Release 55 we have built the space and implemented new death mechanics, blocked grouping, and removed ransoms. In the next few releases we will be adding boundaries that change the size of the play space, win/loss conditions, timer resets, and a new PVP currency that can be spent on rewards like titles, components, consumables, emotes, and patterns.