Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Release 121 goes live December 14th at 10:30 AM CST.
Welcome! The Catnip Games development team marks this monthly release of Shroud of the Avatar with new content and improvements. For Release 121 (R121), we offer frigid and feathered little ankle-biters.
For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Player Guide and Known Issues for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes.
- Mysterious Portal Appears in Novia
- Sneak Scene Preview
- Release 121 Patch Notes
- Latest News and Q&A December Livestream
- Sales and Bonus Events
- Release 121 Subscriber Login Rewards
- January Login Rewards
- Crown Store Updates
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Streaming Program
- Upcoming Release Dates
- Community Events & Resources
- Project to Support: Avatar Relics
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Embers Adrift
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Mysterious Portal Appears in Novia
There have been reports of a portal that has started to appear at random locations all over Novia. We have sent Wladziu, our Senior Field Investigator, to explore and report on what this phenomenon is. Word is that the portals have been seen in every region of Novia, but only in one location at a time. The portal does not seem very stable and we suspect it will not be accessible for long. If any courageous adventurers happen upon this portal, please look for signs of our dear Wladziu and the team; we have not heard back from them since they set out to investigate.
Sneak Scene Preview
In some taverns, rumors are shared of a place where specialists in stealth hone their craft. Drunken whispers have overshared that those frequenting this “sneak scene” will claim avoiding combat is more important than direct confrontation. Some people might suggest this place is neutral ground, with both assassins and spies putting aside their differences in order to make use of these elaborate training facilities, but you didn’t hear it from me!
Release 121 Patch Notes
Below are a list of the updates that are live as of Release 121 in the game of Shroud of the Avatar! R121 is a polish month. Content, additional improvements, and bug fixes are inbound for R122 in the new year. We hope you enjoy the changes that are live today as of Release 121!
Crafting, Decoration, Gear, & Inventory Item Changes:
- Made slice of pumpkin pie placeable as deco.
- Modified the Antique Map of Novia so players can place items on it. SOTA-71794
- Increased the amount the candy cane wand can be shrunk when placing it as deco.
- Renamed the digging shovel to rounded shovel to reduce confusion about the right shovel for treasure-hunting.
- Edited text descriptions for some pet gear. SOTA-71763
- Corrected spelling in the secret message on Decrepit Treasure Map 2.
- Changed the text description on the R120 Subscriber Bundle.
User Interface, Store Information, Inky, & Lua Changes:
- Added the new clockwork dragon heads to the buy order list.
World and Quest Changes:
- It’s snowing! Yay!
- Mistrendur: Corrected minor issues with some ambient sound effects. SOTA-71785
- Mistrendur: Fixed a stuck spot. SOTA-71790
- Snowy Mountains Road Encounter and East Sanctus Forest: Krampus should now show up again. SOTA-71777
- Snowy Mountains Road Encounter: Updated connections for timed events. SOTA-71777
- Multiple scenes: Added a small amount of scrap metal to Clockwork Dragons’ loot. SOTA-71791
- Ardoris and Savrenoc Stronghold: Updated the logic used by Martin and Gina to help ensure you can turn in virtue books to only one or the other. SOTA-71792
- Ardoris and Savrenoc Stronghold: Added extra logic to Martin and Gina’s responses to help archive lingering virtue book tasks after completed. SOTA-71792
- Graff Island: Added ladders and stairs to access the castle walls around Graff Estate. SOTA-71674
- Inventory Tutorial: Improved logic which clears the Take Chest Key and Loot Gate Key tasks when complete.
- Libris Ruins: Moved spawners away from each other to try to fix the treasure map wave battle not showing correctly. If this doesn’t do it please report again! SOTA-71793
- Necropolis Barrens: Envy Angel and her devotees return to her cottage on January 16th.
- Obsidian Panopticon: Updated the cold damage volumes to improve the ability to cast ranged spells nearby. SOTA-69313
- Owl’s Head: Fixed typos in Colman’s responses. SOTA-71787
- Port Graff: Moved the town crier bind/spawn target to be near the town crier. SOTA-71789
- South Broken Road: Swapped wagons for ones without canvas. Removed unused props. Regenerated path grid.
- Tartarus: Fixed z-fighting on top of a small section of the maze wall. SOTA-71760
- Valhold Palace: Fixed a bed that blocked usage from the one side. SOTA-70524
- Valhold Palace: Updated the logic which compels Grannus to sit wearily on his throne. SOTA-69833
- Vertas: All lot markers now share the same rotation with their paired lots. Some lots were moved to a better height above ground level. (There are more that need to be adjusted, but they are currently occupied.) SOTA-71764
- Yew: There are no longer two NPCs named Maxliao. The one on an upper platform is now named Jaanrae. SOTA-71761
Player-Owned Town Changes:
- AibohphobiA: Added new Holdfast to Novia east of Kiln.
- Corrected image resolution of Rajazel Loading Screen.
Player-Owned Dungeon and Basement Changes:
- After discovering that there was a leak between multiverse realities, we closed the hole and the blocked passage in the Pristine Spider Room is once again passable. SOTA-71759
- Normalized item names regarding the Small Temple dungeon piece. SOTA-71756
Latest News and Q&A December Livestream
The post-release Community Livestream is Friday, December 15th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Stephen “Ravalox” Reinen and a cavalcade of special guests, including Lord British, DarkStarr, Atos, and more, for a special extended 4-hour community livestream celebrating the 10th anniversary of Release 1! To enter the prize drawings, type “many happy returns” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website Add-On Store.
Please submit questions using in-game universal chat by typing “askadev” before your question. We’ll do our best to answer these questions live on the stream. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4PM CT!
Members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team stream on twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar — be sure to get the channel on follow for notifications so you can join us right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel. Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over on
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/shroudoftheavatarofficial and on Discord at https://discord.gg/shroudoftheavatar.
Sales and Bonus Events
A Yule sale will run until end-of-day January 2nd:
- XP will be doubled.
- Crown Store sales will be 30% off.
- Crowns of the Obsidians will be
- Deed Upgrades will be 20% off
- POT Upgrades via COTOs will be
(Contact support to initiate a POT upgrade and pay with COTOs)
Release 121 Subscriber Login Rewards
If only we had chestnuts… the Rewards Program login items for Release 121 are 2023 variants of a Tabletop Yule Tree, a Snow Globe, and Medium and Large Yule Stockings!
Subscribers to the Rewards Program must log in during Release 121 to receive these special login items.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items! For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (about 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- 21 Months: Keeper of the Bond
- 24 Months: Keeper of the Promise
- 27 Months: Keeper of the Covenant
- 30 Months: Keeper of Countless Devotions
- 33 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Three Corpions
- 36 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Six Serpents
- 39 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Nine Tulips
- 42 Months: Keeper of Forty-Two Roses
- 45 Months: Keeper of Forty-Five Lilies
- 48 Months: Keeper of Forty-Eight Daisies
- 51 Months: Keeper of Fifty-One Staves
- 54 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Four Daggers
- 57 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Seven Arrows
- 60 Months: Keeper of Sixty Swords
- 63 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Three Coins
- 66 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Six Gems
- 69 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Nine Jewels
- 72 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Two Goblets
- 75 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Five Rings
- 78 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Eight Amulets
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of these 7 Obsidian Potions every month:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
- Potion of Stamina: Decreases focus use from sprinting
- While subscribed to the rewards program, players also receive these special bonuses:
- Obsidian Potions are significantly more powerful!
- 24 Additional Deck Slots!
January Login Reward
Each account that logs in during the month of January will receive a one-time gift of a set of four tabletop snowpeople recipes and a bundle of Green/Red/Yellow missile fireworks! Oh, I hope they’re not startled…
Crown Store Updates
New in the crown store for today’s release:
- Red Fireflies 3-Pack
- Blue Pennant 5-Pack
- Green Pennant 5-Pack
- Red Pennant 5-Pack
- White Pennant 5-Pack
- Yellow Pennant 5-Pack
- Large Blue Pennant 5-Pack
- Large Green Pennant 5-Pack
- Large Red Pennant 5-Pack
- Large White Pennant 5-Pack
- Large Yellow Pennant 5-Pack
- Elven Row Mixed Alcoves Property Marker 12-Pack
- Elven Row Mixed Alcoves Property Marker 24-Pack
- Kobold Row Mixed Alcoves Property Marker 12-Pack
- Kobold Row Mixed Alcoves Property Marker 24-Pack
- Mature White Oak Fall Tree 3-Pack
…and for December 22nd:
The Winter Holidays store items are available until Thursday February 8th:
List of Winter Holidays items (other than this year’s additions):
- Blank Yule Card 2017 5-Pack
- Blank Yule Card 2018 5-Pack
- Blank Yule Card 2020 A 5-Pack
- Blank Yule Card 2020 B 5-Pack
- Candy Cane Wand
- Ceiling Yule Tree
- Giant Haunted Yule Tree
- Giant Yule Tree 2015
- Giant Yule Tree 2016
- Giant Yule Tree 2017
- Giant Yule Tree 2018
- Giant Yule Tree 2022
- Haunted Sleigh
- Haunted Snow Family
- Haunted Snowman Mask
- Haunted Yule Tree
- Krampus Mask
- Krampus Statue
- Kwanzaa Table Decorations
- Large Haunted Yule Tree
- Large Yule Tree 2016
- Large Yule Tree 2017
- Large Yule Tree 2018
- Large Yule Tree 2022
- Menorah 2014
- Menorah 2015
- Menorah 2016
- Menorah 2017
- Menorah 2018
- Menorah 2020
- Menorah 2021
- Ornate Mantle Garland 2017 12-Pack
- Ornate Mantle Garland 2018 12-Pack
- Ornate Replenishing Snowball Box 2014
- Ornate Replenishing Snowball Box 2015
- Ornate Replenishing Snowball Box 2016
- Ornate Sled
- Ornate Sleigh
- Ornate Snow Family 2015
- Ornate Snow Family 2016
- Ornate Snow Family 2017
- Ornate Snow Family 2018
- Ornate Wall Garland 2017 12-Pack
- Ornate Wall Garland 2018 12-Pack
- Ornate Yule Music Box
- Ornate Yule Wreath 2015 3-Pack
- Ornate Yule Wreath 2016 3-Pack
- Ornate Yule Wreath 2017 3-Pack
- Ornate Yule Wreath 2018 3-Pack
- Red-Nosed Reindeer Mount
- Small Ornate Wall Garland 2017 12-Pack
- Small Ornate Wall Garland 2018 12-Pack
- Snow Globe 2020
- Snow Globe 2022
- Snowman Mask 2015
- Snowman Mask with Hat & Moustache 2018
- Snowman Mask with Stovepipe Hat 2016
- Snowman Mask with Stovepipe Hat 2017
- Tabletop Haunted Yule Tree
- Tabletop Yule Tree 2014
- Tabletop Yule Tree 2015
- Tabletop Yule Tree 2016
- Tabletop Yule Tree 2017
- Tabletop Yule Tree 2018
- Tabletop Yule Tree 2022
- Yule Elf Outfit
- Yule Gift Box 2016 3-Pack
- Yule Gift Box 2017 3-Pack
- Yule Gift Box 2018 3-Pack
- Yule Gift Box 2020 3-Pack
- Yule Gift Box 2021 3-Pack
- Yule Stockings 2016 3-Pack
- Yule Stockings 2017 3-Pack
- Yule Stockings 2018 3-Pack
- Yule Stockings 2020 3-Pack
- Yule Stockings 2021 3-Pack
- Yule Stockings 2022 3-Pack
- Yule Tree 2014
- Yule Tree 2015
- Yule Tree 2016
- Yule Tree 2017
- Yule Tree 2018
- Yule Tree 2022
Bug Brigade & Testing Directives!
The Bug Brigade was established to improve how the community and the development team work together to improve the game. Since the Brigade’s inception, the program has gone through a number of changes and was eventually placed on hold. The stability of the game is as important to the development team as it is to the players, therefore the program was revamped and was relaunched.
The Brigade has been up and running and the volunteers (Alley Oop, Echondas, Flair Minamoto, and Justyn) are in a good rhythm for verifying and submitting bugs to the developers. If you have reported a bug that has not yet been addressed, please be patient while the backlog is being worked. The Brigade is working diligently to clean up the backlog of bug reports posted by players on the forums.
Every month, a considerable amount of development time will be spent working many of the verified bugs which have been submitted to the team by the Bug Brigade. This focused effort on bug fixes would not be possible without the recent efforts of the Bug Brigade. Please take the time to thank these bug hunting aficionados when you encounter them in your travels!
In turn, the development team would like to express a big thank you to the Bug Hunters! These community members are doing a fantastic job bringing so many bug reports to the team, and they’re doing it in a way which makes the process smooth and efficient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much improvement has been noticed by the development team and we’re so very excited to see the program’s continued success!
The development team would also like to thank all of those who take time to participate in QA Testing Directives. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, many issues and bugs can be identified and fixed prior to content going to the Live Server! Keep up the great work! For those that wish to participate in future bug hunting endeavors, please check the forums regularly for upcoming QA Testing Directives.
Don’t forget, the Bug Brigade is open to all players in good standing and bug rewards are SWEET! They will be awarded on a monthly progression basis with only minimal requirements to qualify. The available rewards to receive in progression via qualifying participation are as follows:
- Antennae Head Gear and Forum Title 1: “Bug Hunter”
- Single Ant Cloak
- Lady Bug Backpack
- Bug Painting A and In-Game Title 2: “Associate of Aphids”
- Ant Farm
- Insect Leg Table
- Many Ants Cloak and In-Game Title 3: “Bachelor of Beetles”
- Bug Painting B
- Bug Sprayer and /bugspray Emote
- Bug Painting C and In-Game Title 4: “Master of Moths”
- Butterfly Chair
- Corpion Chair (Pictured Below)
- Yellow Fireflies VFX and In-Game Title 5: “Doctor of Dragonflies”
- Hacked Oracle Flyer
- Giant Butterfly Pet (Blue)
- Butterfly Mask
- Dragonfly pet
- Fairy Wings
- Monarch Butterfly Pet
- Dragonfly Wings
- Hacked Oracle Crawler
- Blue Butterfly VFX
- Orange Fireflies VFX
- Orange Butterfly VFX
- Autumn Fairy Wings
- Green Fireflies VFX
- Landing Flies 3-pack
- Blue Fireflies
- Mounted Ladybug Specimen
- Mounted Rhinoceros Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Firebug Specimen
- Mounted Diving Bug Specimen
- Mounted Asian Ladybug Specimen
- Swallowtail Butterfly Pet
- Mounted Potato Beetle
- Silver Bug Sprayer
- Mounted Dung Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Hissing Cockroach Specimen
- Mounted Maybug Specimen
- Mounted Stag Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Flower Beetle Specimen
If you’ve come to think of Shroud of the Avatar as your home, sign up and help make New Britannia a better place to live! To learn more about joining the Bug Brigade, please read the announcement thread by Ravalox in the main Bug/Feedback forums.
Streamers of Shroud of the Avatar can participate in a program to showcase the game and be rewarded for their efforts. Any Streamer who wishes to be included in the Streaming Program can contact Laney via in-game mail with their Character Name and Twitch Channel information. If you have already signed up for the program in the past, fear not: you’re on the list and you don’t need to reapply.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must adhere to our Terms of Service (TOS) and Community Rules while Streaming Shroud of the Avatar.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must stream at least 10 hours of Shroud of the Avatar ACTIVE game play to remain in the program with reward accrual.
Streamers will receive a one-time digital reward of in-game items after meeting the program’s requirements: Streamer’s Cloak, Streamer’s Camera, and the LIVESTREAMING title.
- To qualify for Streaming Rewards, each streamer must continue to meet the minimum requirements for 60 days after application.
- To accrue additional rewards, Streamers must stream SotA a minimum of 10 hours per month, tallied on the 1st day of each month, to remain in the program.
Monthly Streaming Bundles:
On the 1st of each month, qualifying streamers will be eligible to receive 50 Streaming Bundles. Bundles will be sent out to Streamers via in-game mail.
A few things you need to know:
- Streaming Bundles are intended to be given away to stream viewers, not consumed by the streamer.
- Streamers are not allowed to put paywalls in place for the Streaming Bundles. (For example, giving away Streaming Bundles once the stream reaches a certain number of bits, subscriptions, or donations).
Other Items of Note:
- Streamers in the program will be included in the SotAbot StreamPop function, appearing in the player-streaming channel in Discord.
- An optional fan graphics kit is available to the participating streamers as well as all players of Shroud of the Avatar, which includes graphics, overlays and other material.
- Streamers must be actively playing the game during their streams. Being away from the keyboard (AFK) for short periods is acceptable. If Twitch indicates the streamer is playing SotA but they are streaming other content or a timeout/login screen, they risk being removed from the program.
Upcoming Release Dates
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums. The upcoming 2023/2024 Release Schedule is as follows:
- This Release 121 – December 14 (Quality of Life)
- Release 122 – January 25 (Content)
- Release 123 – February 29 (Quality of Life)
Community Events & Resources
Greetings event holders and event attendees! So many fun and exciting events are available in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to get out there and participate, make some new friends, perhaps make some great emote, recipe, or gear trades, or get some adventuring and role-playing into your mix! Here are spotlighted events or updated community resources that we’ve noticed popping up lately on the official forums.
- Lightbringer Isle Auction: This newly-resumed auction will be held by Hemnu Lightbringer every Wednesday at 2000 EST / 1900 CST / 0100 BST / 2400 UTC.
- The Nebula Time Trials are intended as a fun competition amongst players, but also a way for players to compare builds, playstyles, learn from one another and just generally have fun together. Each trial will consist of a challenge along the lines of “kill this mob” or “complete this quest” and while prizes will be awarded based on completion time, everyone who enters will receive something. Check this main post for links to the individual trials as they occur.
- Monthly Release Fishing Contests: This will be a rotating, multi-location contest sponsored and organised by Rajazel, The Town Museum and its Governor Diablotine.
- Trash to Treasure Dropped Items Turn-In: Introducing Trash to Treasure 2.0! Some unscrupulous fella has been flooding all of New Britannia with junk: Headdresses, Wings, Backpacks, assorted miscellany of every sort. It’s time to clean this trash up and so a bounty has been placed on all gear crafted by Coswald Dirthmire that is turned in each contest period!
- Mad Splatter Tea Party: One Sunday of each month, Lily Byrd hosts a tea party in her back garden at her home in Jade Valley. There are drinks and eats, there is sometimes music, there are often party games with prizes, and sometimes they just sit and talk about life in Novia. All are welcome to join but this is a role playing event tea party: please come as your avatar!
- Avatars-Virtue Radio Calendar: Just when are all those talented DJ’s and streamers broadcasting? Don’t just guess, check out there very helpful calendar! Never again will you wonder when’s the best time to tune in!
- NBNN Calendar: This calendar provides a great schedule for NBNN and WRFB programing as well as many other community events. If you’re a fan of the Laz & Jack show or even if you’re hoping to catch them in action for the first time, this is the calendar for you!
Community Event Resources: Here are some fantastic resources for tracking down community events or posting your own events. Become involved! Create! Explore! Make friends! But most of all, have fun!
- One-Time Community Events Forum: Sometimes events happen only a single time, so you’ll not want to miss out on these events as they occur. Check out the forums routinely to spot these!
- Recurring Community Events Forum: Some events occur on weekly or monthly schedules which are a great way to routinely meet up with friends and to make new ones. Be sure to check this forum frequently for new events or time changes to existing ones.
- Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests: Would you like to request a special trophy or renamed item for a player event you’ve created? Head on over to this thread to see what’s available and to obtain more information about request procedures.
- Player Radio Station Forum: If you want to check out the latest and greatest from our in-game radio stations, go to the radio stations forum! If you’re a DJ, be sure to advertise your time slot and venue in this forum.
- Player Livestreams & Videos Forum: If you’re searching for a Shroud Streamer to watch, head on over to the streamer forum! If you are a live streamer for Shroud of the Avatar, be sure to advertise your Shroud stream by posting in this forum.
- Town Directory Forum: Want to find a town to live in or get your town listed in the directory, head over to the forums and check it out!
- Guild Directory Forum: Looking for a guild or want to get yours posted in the guild directory? Head on over to the forums and check it out!
- Fire Lotus Tavern: This wondrous role-playing and story writing forum is the spot to be if you love fan fiction and role-play.
- Community Resources: Looking for links to community and official resources for Shroud of the Avatar? Well look no further. On this page you’ll find links to a plethora of helpful resources created by the dev team or the community.
So many options to stay tuned-in with fellow community members. Please take advantage of all these wonderful options. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Project to Support: Avatar Relics
Community member Shawn Butts has opened a Shroud of the Avatar merchandise store with Catnip Games’ approval. Visit for pins, mugs, shirts, posters, and more here.
Project to Support: Shard RPG
Shard Studios invites you to enter the fantastic world Dárdünah, the vast shard of a shattered realm, as presented in the colorful pages of the SHARD RPG! Many years in the making, this system allows players to choose from a wide variety of animal people who are the main cast of the many adventures this otherworldly setting offers. Skyships glide through shimmering clouds past majestic crystal peaks. Giant insects prowl alien jungles or lurk in the sparkling emerald seas. Warriors with blades of diamond and amber duel across crimson sands. And mystics chant in shadowy chambers as their spirits wander abroad.
- Intro Sheet: For a quick glimpse into the world of Dárdünah, be sure to download the intro pdf! It’s packed with great information and features beautiful artwork, not unlike the artwork found throughout the many pages of this gaming system’s gorgeously designed manuals.
- Core System Manuals: It’s easier than ever to delve into Dárdünah, World of the False Dawn, with the Basic Compendium and the Magic and Martial Arts books! They contain everything you need to begin your adventures, and include instructions for the ritual magic and martial arts combat systems. These manuals also include 90 new Animal Templates upon which to base your character!
- Other Shard RPG Products: So many more manuals and gaming materials are available! Everything an avid tabletop role-player and game master needs to delve into the world of Dárdünah!
So if you’re ready to experience a gaming world like no other, check out what Shard Studios has created for tabletop role-players on the Shard RPG official website! You’ll most certainly be immersed and amazed by the offerings of the Shard RPG!
Project to Support: Embers Adrift!
Project to Support: Avatar Express
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no commitment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immediate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources: Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.